Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think that's Brian Kong. Nice sketch!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
sketch cards- ? by Brent Engstrom

That's a very cool rendition of The Living Tribunal from Dr. Strange.
Very nice indeed!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Well, christmas eve is done with and I could finally open my second box Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeathStorm:

Wolverine - Ryan Orosco
Thor - ???
X-23 - ???
Spider-man - ???

Lock Jaw - Steven Miller
Hulk - Red
Hob Goblin - Rich Molinelli
Dr Strange - Brian Kong
??? - Jay Jimenez

I'm confused, you pretty much have the same dr. strange card as me (some differences especially in the nose)Mine says 1 of 1 on the back yet you have an almost identical version of mine. Am I understanding this wrong or something, because I thought 1 of 1 meant that this was the only one??

Posts: 6 | Location: new jersey | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm confused, you pretty much have the same dr. strange card as me (some differences especially in the nose)Mine says 1 of 1 on the back yet you have an almost identical version of mine. Am I understanding this wrong or something, because I thought 1 of 1 meant that this was the only one??

Even though it is the same motive they are not 100% identical, because it is hand-drawn and not copied. So the 1 of 1 still applies. When drawing hundreds of sketches many artists make several versions of the same motive, but they are never completely identical.

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I opened a single box and pulled this great Dan Panosian Spider-Man sketch:

I have no clue who drew these two sketches:

If anyone has any ideas (here is a close-up of the Hulk signature. Not sure if it is AD or AO or something else:

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to pull these three sketches.
Does any one know what they might be worth?
I might do a trade and I want to makes sure I know what the value of the cards are.

Thanks
Luis

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dillndill
posted Hide Post
I just opened some loose packs and can't believe that some of these cards are just recycled from the Upper Deck Vs Systems (i.e., Black Cat by Adam Hughes, Spider-man vs Green Goblin by Dan Brereton, etc...). Leaves me a little disappointed. Frown

Posts: 84 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I thought all the art on the cards was recycled from UD Vs. cards and promo art.

The Alex Ross box toppers and inserts were used as the box art for the Avengers expansion

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
I opened one box for Christmas. Im very very happy with the sketch. Big Grin

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Here are my sketches. Please help me out with the blanks. Thanks:
1- Punisher(CASTLE)- Anjin Anhut
2- Spider-Man- Daniel Cooney
3- Mr. Sinister- Dennis Crisotomo
4- Silver Surfer- Chad Hurd
5- Iron Man- ???
6- Black Widow(Yelena)- Tariq Hassan
7- Ant-Man- Tim Kane
8- Iron Man- Rich Molinelli(RAM)
9- Human Torch- Jim Jimenez
10- Daredevil- Jason Keith Phillips
11- Paladin- Paul Gutierrez
12- Ant-Man- WAKI

sorry are these scans too big? I thought it would resize them to thumbnail size. LMK how I can do that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wolverine2281,

Posts: 6 | Location: Bastrop/Austin TX | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here are my sketches. Please help me out with the blanks. Thanks:
1- Punisher(CASTLE)- Anjin Anhut
2- Spider-Man- Daniel Cooney
3- Mr. Sinister- Dennis Crisotomo
4- Silver Surfer?- Chad Hurd?
5- Iron Man- ???
6- Black Widow(Yelena)- ???
7- Ant-Man- Tim Kane
8- Iron Man- Rich Molinelli(RAM)
9- Human Torch- Jim Jimenez
10- Daredevil- all I can make out is something like JA50tU
11- ???Constrictor???- ???
12- Ant-Man- WAKI

My guess is:
10 - Jason Keith Phillips
11 - Paul Gutierrez
JJ (number 5) is a common artist but nobody has yet identified him/her

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just was told by someone else the DD is by Jason Campbell

Posts: 6 | Location: Bastrop/Austin TX | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, I just was told by someone else the DD is by Jason Campbell

You can see examples of Phillips' signature at the LOTR site

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Your right, thanks for the page and examples

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Wolverine2281 #11 is Paladin. He shows up ever so often in Captain America(Pre Brubaker run) and Spider-man books.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I would've never figured that out, but it looks like your right! Apparently he first appeared in Daredevil back in 1978 Smile

posted Hide Post
I pulled these sketches recently and was wondering if someone help me with the artist of this sketch?

And the character of the following sketch? Thanks!

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Four more boxes broken. I am very happy with my pulls. Only need 19 more Gold foils to finish a complete master set. Need some help with some artists though.

Spiderman by ???
Cyclops by Chris Bachalo
An AMAZING Ghost Rider by Jim Jimenez
An even MORE amazing Dr. Doom by Scherberger (anyone know how many he did yet?)

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone know what character this is and who it's by?

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/cc/50/2a07_1.JPG

Thanks
Luis

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post