Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That would be Jerome Moore

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:

Thanks clearblue Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Just got back from my local card/comic shop, bought 2 sealed boxes and 9 loose packs.

Box 1- ? by Adam Cleveland

Box 2- I'm guessing Elektra by Mark Romanoski

Loose packs- Plunger Dude, er, I mean Unicorn by Taki Soma

Both relieved and disappointed at the same time. I've seen much much worse, these are actually pretty decent but of course I'm always hoping for the big one. Ah well, I still have 3 more boxes on the way.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:

Thanks clearblue Thumb Up

Yes it is Jerome Moore. He only did 25 cards.

Post yours.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I posted my box breakdowns on page 2 of this thread , I've got scans of 3 sketches ,

Anyone know who the artists are on the Wolverine sketch ???? & color Thing sketch ????

Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Incarnadine I'd say your first sketch is of Storm.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
I posted my box breakdowns on page 2 of this thread , I've got scans of 3 sketches ,

Anyone know who the artists are on the Wolverine sketch ???? & color Thing sketch ????

Kevin

Wolverine: Paul Gutierrez (sp?)
Thing: Chachi Hernandez

Nice pulls.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any ideas on the artist. . . I've been searching but still have no idea. . .

Thanks,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I bought only 1 box and this is the sketch I pulled.

Grey Tones "Venom" by NAR

What a lucky break for me

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
That, my friend, is one amazing sketch!!!! Thumb Up

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
That, my friend, is one amazing sketch!!!! Thumb Up

Agreed. That is one of the few sketches from this set I have liked so far. Too bad I can't swing your asking price on that auction site. Frown

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
thanks you guys. I was amazingly lucky when I bout the box. Nar said he only did2 grey tones venom sketches but I counted 3 on the pics he showed me.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master:
I bought only 1 box and this is the sketch I pulled.

Grey Tones "Venom" by NAR

What a lucky break for me

You must be the MASTER card puller !! What a pack break.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Split a case and got the following sketches. Any help on the artists would be much appreciated.

Hulk by ? (I love the water colour effect on this sketch)

Spider-Man by Grant Gould

Iceman by Brian Shearer (thanks tangent)

The Thing by ?

Doctor Doom by Brian Hagan

Annihilus by Anthony Winn (thanks tangent and MikeFitz)

Very impressed with the quality of the base set/chase cards in this. It will be good fun putting them all together. Shame there isn't a binder for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thush,

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I believe that last card is Annihilus.
Originally a Fantastic Four foe.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Got 3 boxes and these are the sketches i pulled.

1.Don't know character or artist?
2 Venom by W.Reinhold
3.Submariner dont know the artist?

Any help in identifying the artists and character please?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: raider5gt,

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Iceman is by Shearer and AW is Anthony Winn

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
They are not very good are they !!!

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Finally ha ha

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
Finally there not very good, If I pulled them out of a 50- 80 buck box Mad

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post