Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Im thinking I may pass on buying any boxes and stick to going after sketch cards that hit ebay.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Once again, thanks to Endless World for getting me a box of Marvel Masterpieces 2007!

Pulled this AMAZING sketch card.

I have to say, this is one of the best sketches I have ever had.

Anyone know who the artist is?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
It's one of Nar's sketches. Apparently Nar did about 200 sketches. Nice pull!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled this Wolvie by Ken Steacy who did 100 sketches.

Posts: 14 | Location: Boston | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
This is the second NAR sketch I see around. Great pull!

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
How's this for obscure?

[/QUOTE]

Beak was a major character in Grant Morrison's run on X-men from 114 to 154.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I like that there are a whole range of characters! I'd much rather have a great sketch of a lesser known character than a couple of spiderman eyes on an otherwise colored in card...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
That Punisher NAR sketch is great! That along with the Domino sketch that was on ebay, it looks like he did an awesome job on this set!

Nice pulls everyone! Keep em coming! My boxes will be up when I get them!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my two boxes yesterday. I'm glad I didn't get any duplicates of the base foil cards.

This is the only Ironman I did for this set I believe!

I counted from your scans that you did 8 Iron man sketch cards. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 boxes , Over all i did pretty good , made up almost a complete foil parallel set 1-90 just missing 2 foils #35 & 42 ,
had a good break on regular sets ,just common 2 cards shy of 6 sets , I was able to complete the Adams subset , and Struzan subset with extras , Need 1 color Ross & 1 Black & White Ross , and had extras of both ,

I need 2 Spiderman foil parallels to complete that subset , the X-Men foil parallels I need 5 to complete , but not too bad off 3 boxes , I was able to complete a X-Men regular subset & am 1 card short of a complete Spidey regular subset

I pulled 3 sketches ,
Wolverine ?
Storm by Emily warren
Thing's Face - close up - color
I'll scan & try to post pic's later...

Posting picture for Kevin. Do you know who the artists are besides Emily Warren? Mike.

As for box break downs ;

1st box 08790 / 13000
Wolverine Sketch
2 color Ross cards
1 B & W Ross card
2 Struzan cards
1 Adams card
3 Spiderman Parallel subset cards
9 Spiderman regular subset cards
1 X-Men parallel
7 X-Men regular subset cards
30 foil parallel common cards
6 gold boarded common cards

Box 2 03494 / 13000
Thing color sketch
2 color Ross cards
1 B & W Ross card
2 Struzan Cards
2 Adams cards
3 Spiderman Foil Parallel Subset cards
6 Spiderman regular subset cards
1 X-Men Foil Parallel card
9 X-Men regular subset cards

Box 3 10457 / 13000
Storm blue ink sketch - emily warren
1 B & W Ross card
2 Color Ross cards
2 Struzan cards
2 adams cards
2 Spiderman foil parallelsubset cards
8 Spiderman regular subset cards
2 X-Men foil parallel subset cards
8 X-Men regular subset cards

Kevin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kevin LePore,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my two boxes yesterday. I'm glad I didn't get any duplicates of the base foil cards.

This is the only Ironman I did for this set I believe!

I counted from your scans that you did 8 Iron man sketch cards. Thumb Up

LOL I saw that today color me embarassed. get it colored LOL Post recinded!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RAMolinelli,

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I got my 2 boxes and did well with some, not so great with other things.

6072/13000

BT #1
1 Adam
3 Ross (one dupe)
2 Struzan
6 gold foils
30 foils
10 regular Spider Man subset (3 dupes)
1 Spider Man foils
5 X-Men (one dupe)
2 X-Men foils
1 complete set, a handful shorts of a second
Sketch:

8362/13000

BT #2
3 Adam (one dupe)
2 Ross
1 Struzan
6 gold foils
30 foils (ALL EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OTHER BOX!!)
6 Spider Man subset (2 dupes)
3 Spider Man foils
10 X-Men foils (3 dupes)
1 X-Men foil
1 complete set, lots of extras
Sketch:

I have no clue who this is. He looks familiar, just can't get the name. :P

Overall, I got 3 complete sets, one set short by a handful of cards and both regular subsets. I only completed the Ross three panel set. Plus, since my foils were identical in each box, I only have 30.

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JediFarfy:
Sketch:

It's Captain Britain. It's says in red under the artist's signature.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of HASHIMOTO
posted Hide Post
Any info on why the set breakdowns are different than originally listed, i.e. the Gold Border parallels? Are the tryptich card sets what they originally called the "Splash Page" cards?

And is there a website that has all the sketch artists listed WITH the number of cards they did?

Posts: 8 | Location: COLORADO | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by JediFarfy:
Sketch:

It's Captain Britain. It's says in red under the artist's signature.

Oh... I couldn't read the red bit at all. My stupid cold/allergies/death thing is making me all sorts of crappy.

JF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JediFarfy,

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Okay folks. We opened our case on Friday but I've been in shock since then and not able to think clearly but I think I can now show y'all what we pulled from our one and only case. These are pretty much in order the way we pulled them, so as my husband says, the wait was well worth it. Without further ado, here are my pulls from MM07 ...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
holy moly !! mother load.. one of jusko's five sketches.. the last few are amazing too especially the nar and art adams.. whoa nelly!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HASHIMOTO:
Any info on why the set breakdowns are different than originally listed, i.e. the Gold Border parallels? Are the tryptich card sets what they originally called the "Splash Page" cards?

Yes. There are nine of them, instead of the 18 we originally expected. As to "why", that's an existential question that can only be answered by the company designers. Here's one theory on the gold parallels: They had the Fleer parallels printed already, but they decided to increase the print run from 10000-11000 to 13000. Instead of printing more of the same thing, they increased the total 1-per-pack parallels by 20% with a third level.
quote:
And is there a website that has all the sketch artists listed WITH the number of cards they did?

Not yet, but somebody enterprising is probably working on one. The "News and Rumors" thread had reports of total numbers for 26 of the artists, some of them directly from the artists themselves, and there may be a bit more information on another forum.

I have a question. I see auctions that are talking about and picturing a 5-card set of "Subcasts Cards". Does anybody know how these are/will be distributed? Nobody seems to have found any in the regular hobby boxes. Maybe they're packaged with action figures and are just associated with the normal card set.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Jeff - the game cards have pics of the Subcasts on them - there might be 5 different of those, I'd have to check, but that might be what they're referring to. They came 1 per pack.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Brilliant pulls, Joanna.
Jusko and Art Adams in the same case!!!
I think I like the Gammill Silver Surfer best, though, followed by the Johnson Red Skull.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post