Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Jeff - the game cards have pics of the Subcasts on them - there might be 5 different of those, I'd have to check, but that might be what they're referring to. They came 1 per pack.

That would be correct

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my first case.

I was able to put together 3.75 sets of Fleer Foils, 1 Foil X-Men set, mising 1 card from a Spiderman Foil set, Gold Border...72/90...no dupes. I have only coalated 2 boxes and was able to put together 4 full sets. I have yet to really get into the other inserts.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Joanna
Congrats on those wonderful pulls, especially Jusko, Art Adams and Wolvie by NAR. Knowing your love for sketch cards that case couldn't have gone to a better person! Enjoy.
I'm still waiting to see if I'll get my two boxes. Hopefully I'll have my own pulls to report later.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 boxes today and one didnt have a sketch so whoever pulls more than 1 from a box, ITS MINE! lol.

Will post details and scans later.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Joanna!

Congrats on your case! WOW! My jaw dropped at the 2nd half of the case. Very Very cool! Glad a Jusko ended up in someone's collection where it'll be loved from the start!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My buddy's case...

Nightcrawler by Emily Warren

Hammerhead by Brent Engstrom

Nick Fury by ?

Green Goblin by Tim Kane

Chameleon by Chris Moreno

Kingpin by Brent ?

Antman by Eric Canete

Thor by Tom Feister

Namor ? by Stephen Segovia

Vision by ???

And last but NOT least....

Wait for it....

Eek

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
British Psylock! That is so awesome. Also, Joanna did great. Love the Adams daredevil and the Red skull card.
Did Jusko really only do 5 cards???

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
British Psylock! That is so awesome. Also, Joanna did great. Love the Adams daredevil and the Red skull card.
Did Jusko really only do 5 cards???

Yep, just 5.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the pulls from 2 cases. My only complaint is that with sooo many artists, I don't know who the heck half of them are, and with so many of the obscure characters being drawn, I don't know half the characters. If upper deck had an acurate list of all artists, with just one of their sketches it would help a TON!!! So if anyone can tell me if I got anything good, that would help a ton Smile I know a few are good, but not sure of some.

Any help with these cards would be great

Any idea how many Charest did?

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Man.. i'm so jealous. i love that Charest Hulk sketch.. i'm kinda sad that it's been pulled..

that last one appears to be a DoodleStan sketch of Punisher i think..

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Okay, I bought a case and shared another, so 18 boxes. I haven't read Marvel for ages and don't know all the characters but have compared with the base cards. Many of the artists specified are guesses based on initials. Any identification help would be appreciated (and I will update as I get info).

Spiderman by Noah Salonga
Daredevil by Michael Jason Paz
Moon Knight by Aaron Sowd
Hellcat by ??? (Looks like Joyce or Joyur, so Joyce Chin?)
Gambit by ??? (unsigned)
Captain America by ??? (tiny writing, looks like Ray S..)
Thing by ??? (I think Ron Spencer)
MJ by Bill Neff
Cloak by Emily Warren
Nick Fury by ??? (looks like BH as initials)
Spiderman by ??? (looks like R. Om...)
Thing by Stan (Doodlestan?)
Spiderman by Noah Salonga
Vulture by Ray Dillon
Spiderman by ??? (unsigned)
Hawkeye by Andrew Robinson
Kang ??? by ??? (unsigned)
Phoenix by Brian Kong

I am definitely keeping the Daredevil and probably the Phoenix. All others are up for trade (including my favourite, the Neff MJ). I am still looking for a DC Legacy action Batman sketch but otherwise have no real preferences.

Jen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
Picture of HASHIMOTO
posted Hide Post
That one is Vulture, not Beak. Smile

Posts: 8 | Location: COLORADO | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of HASHIMOTO
posted Hide Post
I was going to show what we pulled yesterday; but, what do I have to do to be able to insert pics? Doesn't seem I'm able to access that option. waaaaaaah

Posts: 8 | Location: COLORADO | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Hashimoto. BTW, to post pics, you need to have them on a website somewhere. You then use the image button (2nd from right when writing a message) to refer to the URL.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
First card on 4th row is Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD, Jen.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
The one set I've been wanting but just can't get.

Awesome pulls, I love all the sketch cards- thanks for posting them, guys! Smile

I think I'm just going to have to settle for a base set and try to get one good sketch card off of ebay... I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I'll know when I see it. lol

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
Man.. i'm so jealous. i love that Charest Hulk sketch.. i'm kinda sad that it's been pulled..

Sorry I had to pull it Smile But it was fun to pull...and I didn't even notice this until someone pointed it out to me, but that sketch is the one on the side panel of the masterpiece boxes!!! Sweet!!! The scan really doesn't do it justice, as it never does.

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of the case that I purchased direct from Upper Deck.

Absorbing Man by Doodlestan

Infinity by ???

Thing by Grant Gould

Warlock by Jeff Chandler

Captain America by Jason Pearson

Spiderman by Waki

Ms. Marvel by Louis Small

Cyclops by Jimmy Chueng

Shanna by Sarah Wilkinson

Super Skrull by Tony Perna

and last but certainly not least.....

Thing by Chris Brunner

Yes, your math is right...I was shorted 1 sketch. I guess it just would not be a sketch card release if I actually got all of the sketches that I am supposed to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls. I love your Warlock by Chandler.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Szym,

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
There are a few really nice sketches there igman7, but, being a Yankee fan and being fond of the old FF stuff, I love the Brunner Thing sketch.
Very cool indeed!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post