Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2007 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The Brunner was hands down, the coolest that I pulled (although is was very nice to finally pull a Perna). The depth of the card is even better live.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see what I can fit on here:

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
those are some really impressive sketches you've got there.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of HASHIMOTO
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who would have signed a sketchcard with just "Stan!" ? I didn't find any Stans in the list of artists I looked up. The depicted character is a silly child-like figure in a cape and cowl. Thanks

Posts: 8 | Location: COLORADO | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I pulled this Ragan de la Rosa sketch of Mary Jane from my boy today.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another case...any help with some of the sketches would be great, as I don't recognize half these names....so if anything is good, let me know Smile (besides the regular sketch card artists that is, I know all those peeps Smile )

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man these are a headache to open...I hate not knowing who most of the artists are, and not being able to have a good signature source to figure it all out.

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HASHIMOTO:
Does anyone know who would have signed a sketchcard with just "Stan!" ? I didn't find any Stans in the list of artists I looked up. The depicted character is a silly child-like figure in a cape and cowl. Thanks

The artist is Doodlestan...but I do not know his real name lol.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 boxes so far.....
Cyclops is trippy.... the white lines you see coming from the eyes is done in glitter.....

Clickable thumbnails

Posts: 5 | Location: CA | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please keep in mind this is a BOX BREAKDOWN thread, not a trading thread. Please post trading posts in the trading threads. Trading posts will be removed.

Also keep in mind offers to buy or sell cards are not allowed on Card Talk, except in the advertiser section.

If any one has any questions please contact any of the moderators.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
The postman is from the FF movie and would be Stan Lee that is so cool
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Here are the pulls from 2 cases. My only complaint is that with sooo many artists, I don't know who the heck half of them are, and with so many of the obscure characters being drawn, I don't know half the characters. If upper deck had an acurate list of all artists, with just one of their sketches it would help a TON!!! So if anyone can tell me if I got anything good, that would help a ton Smile I know a few are good, but not sure of some.

Any help with these cards would be great

Any idea how many Charest did?

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire8rays:
The postman is from the FF movie and would be Stan Lee that is so cool
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Here are the pulls from 2 cases. My only complaint is that with sooo many artists, I don't know who the heck half of them are, and with so many of the obscure characters being drawn, I don't know half the characters. If upper deck had an acurate list of all artists, with just one of their sketches it would help a TON!!! So if anyone can tell me if I got anything good, that would help a ton Smile I know a few are good, but not sure of some.

Any help with these cards would be great

Any idea how many Charest did?

No, the postman in the FF comics was Willie Lumpkin who was played by Stan Lee in the movie.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
ZTaylor--

The Iron Man sketch looks like it's Andrew Robinson. He's done work for UD before and I believe he's on the list.

Nice cards!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Alright. I finally got around to scanning the sketches from my first case. I have a second one on it's way.

Overall, I think my sketches were decent, but I cannot say I was overly thrilled either. I was hoping for at least one big jaw-dropper. Instead, I found out I was short a foil x5 subset card. One case and I'm still missing one of those. I'm a little surprised about that.

Anyway, here's what I pulled:

1. Bill Reinhold - Daredevil
2. Brian Denham - Spider-Man
3. Steve Ellis - Wolverine
4. Sarah Wilkinson - Magik
5. Brian Shearer - Ms. Marvel
6. Jason Keith Phillips (I think) - ??
7. Daniel Cooney - Spider-Man
8. David Esbri - Hercules
9. Tim Kane - ??
10. Paul Gutierrez - Ghost Rider
11. Waki (real name ??) - Wolverine
12. Jim Jimenez - Sue Storm Richards/Invisible Woman

I think I did pretty good deciphering most of those. Can anybody fill in the remaining gaps?

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by clearblue:
Alright. I finally got around to scanning the sketches from my first case. I have a second one on it's way.

Overall, I think my sketches were decent, but I cannot say I was overly thrilled either. I was hoping for at least one big jaw-dropper. Instead, I found out I was short a foil x5 subset card. One case and I'm still missing one of those. I'm a little surprised about that.

Anyway, here's what I pulled:

1. Bill Reinhold - Daredevil
2. Brian Denham - Spider-Man
3. Steve Ellis - Wolverine
4. Sarah Wilkinson - Magik
5. Brian Shearer - Ms. Marvel
6. Jason Keith Phillips - Gorgon (apparently)
7. Daniel Cooney - Spider-Man
8. David Esbri - Hercules
9. Tim Kane - Ant-Man (apparently)
10. Paul Gutierrez - Ghost Rider
11. Waki (aka John Wycough) - Wolverine
12. Jim Jimenez - Sue Storm Richards/Invisible Woman

I think I did pretty good deciphering most of those and I only needed help on a couple items. Second case postings will be next week.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much did you guys pay for a case?

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
too darn much......

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:

Can someone let me know who the artist is on the second sketch (not the spiderman) ?

I've pulled a great Thor sketch by the same artist - will post a pic with the sketch in my second box when it arrives.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post