Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Donruss Americana, 2009 (Donruss)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donruss Americana, 2009 (Donruss)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Believe me sir, after FIVE minutes of Land of the Lost I knew it was bad.

That literally sums up the exact reason why I cannot stand you. You judge based on a breakdown or two, or a couple minutes of a movie. Thank you for confirming your ridiculous complaining doesn't just stop with cards

And this is the reason I love you. In fact, I just might run the risk of falling IN LOVE with you if you keep sweet-talking me like this.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually have a near complete base and chase set since my local shop has been keeping any base and chase that has been opened at their store, so you are wrong yet again.

Like I said, your $20 retail opinion does not matter to me. ***** just like every other person on this site. That is all anyone comes on here to do anymore. I can't find a single thread where people are not bitching about a product.

If you look at my posts, this is the first product I have complained about in a long time.

If you don't like hearing others views, you are welcome not to come to cardtalk. No one thinks that your opinion is enlighted or special. Your just a guy or gal like the rest of us that collects cards. Sorry to burst your bubble, "Your not special".

As for your comment to mintoncard "I cannot stand you". Look in the mirror. The feeling towards you is just as strong by many on this board.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
? Give peace a chance and will someone invent a chill pill ????? Thought this was a nice place to "talk" and not get bit#$%* at. Confused Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nope, not with whining little babies like minton and barobehere on this forum. It is impossible to just open packs and be happy because they will always find a reason to complain.

and I don't give a flying **** about what others think of me, maybe if you looked in the mirror you would see the sorry life you exist in.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, not with whining little babies like minton and barobehere on this forum. It is impossible to just open packs and be happy because they will always find a reason to complain.

and I don't give a flying **** about what others think of me, maybe if you looked in the mirror you would see the sorry life you exist in.

There you go again Shaffer, sweet talkin' me like that.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
So much angst. Not enough love around here.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
All we need is love............ la la la la la . I have yet to buy a pack of these cards. $2.99 at Target. Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i have to agree with the general view on this card set. its not very impressive. i opened up about 7 boxes total. i hated the lack of info on the cards, i hated a lot of the photos that looked like ones used before. I was expecting a lot more care to be put into the product. I liked the autograph selection, but beyond that, it was lacking.

p.s. people should calm down a little. this is supposed to be fun. If you dont like someone else's opinion, then so be it. sometimes, some people tend to get way to personal and attacking becouse they dont like someone elses opinion on 3x4 cardboard tradin cards and stickers.

p.p.s. ill post some box breakdowns tonight in here. i just normally dont post em is all.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a great life. In fact it is better then I ever could have dreamed about as a child. Sorry to burst your bubble again. As such I am not going to let anyone quash my opinion with namecalling(really so sad).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Picked up two blasters just to see what all the fuss was about.

Bl Box 1)
Fred Astaire #47 Movie Poster Memorabilia (5/500)
Randal Kleiser #6 Proof (146/250)

Bl Box 2)
Jill-Michele Melean #22 TV Stars (110/1000)
Robert Mitchum #61 Movie Poster Memorabilia (459/500 Checkerboard)

I've always had a distaste with costume cards on the backs since I like to display the cards, but I guess they couldn't do it any other way really. Guess I'll have to buy two more of them Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Perfect Tommy,

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 hobby-boxes:

Nothing spectacular, but I am a fan of "my name is earl", and Nadine Velazquez is hot enough Big Grin

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally found some of the "blaster boxes" at Wal-Mart today so I grabbed the 3 they had.
Each had the expected number of commons and these are the highlights:

Box 1: Ty Hardin TV Stars #15 (0488/1000)
Gary Cooper Movie Posters Material #64 (267/500)

Box 2: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Silver Proof #100 (149/250)
Joey Lawrence Silver Proof Material #5 (039/100)

Box 3: Ric Flair Short Print Card #SP1
Charlie Daniels Silver Proof #46 (027/250)
Brigitte Nielsen Gold Proof Material #56 (25/25)

I did notice an error on the Elijah Wood card, they list his birthday as 1989, not 1981.
All in all I feel it's a nice set. I'll probably pick up a couple more Blasters if I can find them.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Grabbed the 2 Blaster boxes at my Target today:

Box 1: Lorna Luft Gold Proof #30 (005/100)
Jack Lemmon Movie Posters Material #25 (017/500)

Box 2: Lorna Luft Silver Proof #30 (208/250)
Marlene Dietrich/Gary Cooper Dual Movie Posters Material #46 (150/500)

After sorting the commons from the 5 boxes, I'm only 12 cards away from a base set.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Bought a pack at local Target and didnot get any chase cards Frown , but did get the Robert Vaughn card. Went to post office and got the Return of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. dvd I had ordered. An U.N.C.L.E. day for me. Eek Metal

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
And I will be buying a blister box next week. Metal

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:
but I am a fan of "my name is earl", and Nadine Velazquez is hot enough Big Grin

yep Drool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I picked up a retail/blaster box this evening at Wal Mart. I was hoping for the Flair auto, but no luck.

Dual Movie Posters Materials #62 Carole Lombard/Jack Benny (396/500)
Hollywood Legends Donna Reed (994/1000)

Both are for trade if anyone needs them Cool

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought another hobby box. Here's the break.

Jackie Chan proof material #ed to 25
Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers movie posters dual material #ed to 500
James Dean movie posters material #ed to 75
David Carradine cinema stars auto #ed to 25

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought two more boxes. Not as good as the last one.

Box 1:

Peter Graves auto/material #ed to 100
John Buccigross auto/material #ed to 250
Gary Cooper/Grace Kelly movie posters dual material #ed to 500
Leslie Howard hollywood legends golden era material #ed to 50

Box 2:

Corey Feldman/Susie Feldman casting call dual auto #ed to 30
Cary Grant/Ingrid Bergman movie posters dual material #ed to 500
Orson Welles movie posters material #ed to 500
Anthony Quinn/Mickey Rooney costars dual material #ed to 250
Jill-Michele Melean proof #10 of 10

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1 more box:

Piper Laurie auto/material #ed to 100
Gerald Okamura auto #ed to 415
Cary Grant/Grace Kelly movie posters material #ed to 500
Judy Garland hollywood legends material #ed to 500