Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Empire Strikes Back 3D (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back 3D (Topps)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I purchased a box and got a really cool base set that I really like and I got a less than stellar sketch card of Luke. Happy with my purchase as I love the set. My friend Richard purchased the only other box in the shop we go to and got a base set, an incredible sketch of Luke in the Wampa cave and a Peter Mayhew auto!! The force was strong with him.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Here is my 6 Case Break. Really not sure on who some of the artists are especially the ones with signatures I cannot make out. Any Help would be appreciated!

Most available for Trade. (Not my kids...I just had to post the most adorable pic from C5)
Email me if interested. flagcitycollectors@sbcglobal.net

Looking for Clone Wars Widevision Sketches & Clone Wars Retail Autographs.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you are all about preserving your action figures and keeping them in the original packaging and all but I would highly suggest opening that one up and letting those kids out.

Nice cards

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dude those are the rare variant costume figures! Don't remove them from the packaging!

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

LOL Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
I'm sure you are all about preserving your action figures and keeping them in the original packaging and all but I would highly suggest opening that one up and letting those kids out.

Nice cards

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HAHA! That is what I was thinking! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
dude those are the rare variant costume figures! Don't remove them from the packaging!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got a box of this finally. Like the cards a lot, but wish there were some other inserts.

Sketch was this one by Adrian Rivera of Luke's face inside Vader's mask on Dagobah

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Holy macaroni, that's a lot of pictures.
Some really nice sketches there. I especially like the V is for Vader. Big Grin
Or the one where Vader is gonna "detroy" Luke. lol

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes from a good friend for christmas and got these 2 Fab sketch cards

From A very Happy Millhouse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Released in 2010. Boxes hold 24 packs of 3 cards. 8 boxes/case, about 1000 cases. Expect 1.48 sets of 48 cards if collation were perfect. "Red" sketch cards are found in Retail packs at about 1 per 2 boxes.

BOX 1

Base cards (48): 1 complete set, 23 extras
Sketch cards (105 artists, 1:24 Hobby packs): Lance Sawyer
Autograph cards (8; 1:1055 packs): none
Box-Topper Poster: yes
Box-Outer (glued) base card: #42

BOX 2

Sketch cards (105 artists, 1:24 Hobby packs): Tomoko Taniguchi
Box-Outer (glued) base card: #43

BOX 3

Sketch cards (105 artists, 1:24 Hobby packs): Ryan Hungerford
Box-Outer (glued) base card: #37

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I opened one box and got this sketch card by David Day

Leia on Hoth

Very good looking 3-D cards overall.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Busted a box and got this amazing Lin Workman's Luke sketch.....superb....up for sale for the right price if anyone is keen. Thanks

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a sealed box for sale for less than normal Ebay prices and couldn't resist. I got a complete set and a sketch by Jon Morris (not sure who the character is - looks like a 60's cartoon character in a spacesuit with a ray gun so I guess that's how he interpreted a stormtrooper? ).

As others have noted, the set could've used another chase card level - maybe let collectors get some of the sticker versions of the cards on the box.

The ESB Widevision set from 1995 had mini-poster cards (theater poster art) but they were scaled-down versions not to the same dimensions as the regular cards. They could've done a couple of cards (one per box) using theater poster art that worked best in the scaled-down widevision dimensions (something similar to how the art was displayed on the special preview screening tickets in 1980). That one with Darth Vader's helmet floating in outer space with the logo right below it would have looked great in 3D.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now that I know how to embed, here's the sketch I won. It's odd but it has grown on me.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I believe that it’s supposed to be Dengar - one of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see that now. All this time, I thought that was a helmet but it's that headwrap he wore.

In a surprise move Vader had relaxed the dress code for bounty hunters much to the chagrin of at least one of the officers.

quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
I believe that it’s supposed to be Dengar - one of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back