Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Dr Who Battles in Time Invader booster set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Battles in Time Invader booster set
 Login/Join

Picture of Dalekfan
posted
The collation on these is not proving to be good at all. Shake Head (32 packs to a box)

My first box:

92 different Commons (out of 184)

15 different rares (out of 25)

5 super rares (no duplicates, out of 10)

1 Ultra rare (out of 6, Master Regeneration).

Second box:

100 different commons

16 different rares

5 super rares (but 1 duplicate)

1 Ultra Rare.

I am still about 40 common cards, 3 super rares and 4 ultra rares away from a set, and from what I have heard, even opening 5 or 6 boxes does not produce a full set, with some commons being more difficult to find than the Ultra Rares!

On some of the Who forums collectors have been complaining that they are not getting a full set from a box (I think they see these as trading cards, which of course they are not).

I would be interested to hear others observations???

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am trying to do this set too Smile
I got 2.5 Boxes well 1 box and loads of packs Smile
Got six Ultra Rares Smile 3 I needed and 3 spares
got 11 Super Rares 7 diffrent and 4 spares
Loads of Rare cards.... not sure if I made a set of these
Loads of common cards.....
I counted my set and need 24 cards Smile
Not bad going Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Well, I eventually opened 5 boxes, and was nowhere near a full set - not even of commons!!!

Fortunately the loads of dupes have enabled me to do swaps, so I have now completed my set. Metal

I really wouldn't recommend going down the route of buying boxes to complete your set though. Atrocious collation.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Intresting, it does not surprise me that the box collation is awful. These cards are meant to be bought by the pack and the idea is to get you to buy a lot of packs looking for the odd cards you are missing which of course are not there in some instances.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went down the box route both Exterminator and Annihilators and I decided never again. The collation on both was rubbish. In the Exterminator Box I got 5 URs and no SRs. Unfortunately 4 of them were the Tardis card. (Tardis's Tardi ?? Help) The Annihilator box was better with a full set of commons and rares but with only 100 in the set I would hope so! So far I think I have purchased maybe 70 Invader packs and have completed one set, 20 cards left for set 2 and 70 for set 3. The only problem I had was pulling 12 Lazerus URs, fortunately only got 4 left after trades.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Coallation is **** on this, the first set was murder..... 275 cards and I only just managed to finish it thanks 2 NSU
The Second set was Cherry Picker's Paradise Smile I found out how and used it to get what I needed.....
Was not a bad set to coalate but this set?????
I think u need the skills of The Cherry picker Frown .... Good luck!!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope to finish this set by the weekend.....
Any varient cards or mistake cards yet?????

KADRAN00157

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
When all you lot have finished collating please contact me about all the cards you have left over. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Agreed. The collation is dreadful. I know you can't expect a set from a box...but 5 boxes??? Still many common cards short. Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got quite a few Super Rares + Ultra Rares & Rares to trade Smile
The Coallation is mad on this Frown
I need 1 UR, 1 SR + 1 Rare & 14 commons if any one wants to trade, let me know Smile
Got 10 Packs last night Smile
Got 1 UR, 4 Super Rares and loads of commons and Rares

KADRAN00157

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Got quite a few Super Rares + Ultra Rares & Rares to trade Smile
The Coallation is mad on this Frown
I need 1 UR, 1 SR + 1 Rare & 14 commons if any one wants to trade, let me know Smile
Got 10 Packs last night Smile
Got 1 UR, 4 Super Rares and loads of commons and Rares

KADRAN00157

Might be able to help with the rare and commons, Sir. Please PM me.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don't forget me with your left overs. I have plenty of stuff to trade. Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Wolfie Smile
Will email you on Monday what spares I got Smile

KADRAN00157

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much. Wavey