Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Simpsons 10th Anniversary, The (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simpsons 10th Anniversary, The (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Picture of darbow
posted
Got a cheap box at NEC

cut ups 8, 9
Nuclear 2, 3
Diorama 2
and a base set
Frown No auto, does anyone know the odds of pulling an auto for this set as i've only seen the 1 breakdown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the autographs for this via redemption? If so, INKWORKS no longer holds the license so they cannot be redeemed. Don't know the odds, though.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the autographs for this via redemption? If so, INKWORKS no longer holds the license so they cannot be redeemed. Don't know the odds, though.

When did this happen?
So who does own the license?

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
You know, I actually remember hearing this before somewhere. Don't know for sure if it was on here or not though....guess we'll have to wait for Andy to find this thread and give us some clarification.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
I've just checked Jeff Allenders checklist and there was an auto redemption for the set, I never check these things before buying a box, i should start really.

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
No one holds this license right now. I talked to Inkworks about this last year at Dee's show and they said they no longer have the license.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
thanks horsey Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
...guess we'll have to wait for Andy to find this thread and give us some clarification.

I'm here. Wave

The Simpsons is not currently an active Inkworks license. I can't go into detail, but unfortunately, there are production requirements that are currently in place with the licensor that would make a new trading card set prohibitively expensive to create.

Although the license is in limbo, I'm not aware of any problems with fulfillment of redemption cards for The Simpsons. The product was released 4 1/2 years ago, so I don't think we get many of them.

If you have a redemption card for The Simpsons (or any other older Inkworks product) and want to see if we still have the cards before you send it in, send an email to Inkworks Consumer Relations at info@inkworks.com.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification, Andy.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
If you have a redemption card for The Simpsons .

I don't, didn't get one Frown but thanks for the clarification, Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darbow:
No auto, does anyone know the odds of pulling an auto for this set as i've only seen the 1 breakdown

From what I recall the average was one in every other box.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
BOX 008105:

Base Sets: 2 + extras
Cut-Up: C7, C8
Nuclear Neon: N1
Diorama-Rama Cards: D4

no auto Frown

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hi
I purchased a case of these when they were first released. The autographs in this set are indeed issued in exchange for a redemption card. The Redemption card is the same for all 5 autographs, so you have to look on the back to see which name has a checkmark on the back, and that's how you know whose Auto Card yours is good for.
My case (and every other case) had 3 autographs (#3-#5). The other case type you could get had only 2 autographs but they were #1 and #2 in the set (Bart and Homer), so I suppose that made up for it.
Since there were 12 boxes of 24 packs (288 packs) in each case and you'd get a set of 5 autos in every 2 cases (or 1 set in every 576 packs), that means the autographs were found approximately 1 in 115 packs, or 1 in about every 5th box.

(Interestingly this was about the same odds for a sketch card in the Simpsons Mania Inkworks release from 2001. Alternating cases of 12 boxes had either 2 or 3 sketch cards. The seven autograph cards in that set, however, were found in every other box and were directly inserted in packs, as were the sketches, so no Redmeption cards in Simpsons Mania.)

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post