Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Big Bads (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Big Bads (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you folks pulling the red Lissa and Dru pieceworks. After all the discussion in the News&Rumors thread about the ratios on the Dru card, it's good to see more than a couple turn up already.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my two boxes and I'm still in shock.

Box 1

1 complete set
BL-2
SE-7
OS-4
PW2 Twak I'm still not believing this but I'm staring at it.

Box 2

2 complete sets
BL-2
SE-7, SE-8
OS-4, OS-5
PW-6

I think I now have a "Best Pull" for the year. Smile

TR Smile

Posts: 314 | Location: USA | Registered: February 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
Here are my two boxes:

BOX1

PW3 D'Hoffryn (Red velvety)
SE 6, 7, 8
OS 3
BL2
Missing 2 for a 2nd set

BOX2

PW4 Adam (green w/a bit of dark peeking in)
SE 5, 6
OS 4
BL1

Overall it is a pretty nifty set. THe Other Side of Evil is my fav. part of the set.

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the results from my two boxes.

Box 1:

BL-1
OS-3, OS-4
SE-2, SE-3
PW-3 D'Hof
4 cards short of a second set

Box 2:

BL-2
OS-1, OS-6
SE-6, SE-7
PW-3 D'Hof Frown
3 cards short of a second set, two of which were the same as ones I needed from the first box, so I never was able to complete a 3rd set.

Posts: 48 | Location: Oswego, NY | Registered: June 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Count me as a fan of this set. The orange color conjures the appropriate "fire and brimstone" vibe (and the base cards look great in 9-pockets). The pieceworks look terrific. And the box loader set is one of the best I've seen. Kudos.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Fans of this set should check out The Monster Book by Chris Golden. According to Booklist
quote:
Fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer watch the show for a number of reasons, one of which is certainly the various creatures that show up every week. Golden, the author of many other Buffy books, and his coauthors have compiled a guide to the monsters that have appeared on the show, from menacing demons, hellhounds, and the most prominent of the show's many vampires to friendly regulars who happen to be supernatural, such as the tortured vampire Angel (who now has his own show) and werewolf Oz. What makes the book unique is that it includes, in addition to interviews with the creator of the show and many of the writers, the history of demons, vampires, ghosts, and others in folklore, literature, television, movies, and pop culture. Fans will enjoy the details and behind-the-scenes info, while those looking to get into the series will find this a handy guide

And, it utilizes the same orange-y foil feel on the cover and even some of the same images in the interior as well. The book goes deeper in depth than the cards can (space restrictions and all) so it makes for a nice companion piece.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I opened 6 boxes.

Didn't figure base sets yet.

1 puzzle set plus SE 4,5,8,9

5 of the six card set(missing OS6) plus OS2

1 boxloader set plus BL1,3,3

PW1(spike) plain black
PW3(d'hoffryn) brown soft ribbed material
PW3 same as above
PW4(adam) plain medium green with some stitch holes
PW6(warren) plain black
PW7(lissa) plain black

So no Dru and no Halfrek. But I think pretty good for only 6 boxes.

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of COSMIC GIRL
posted Hide Post
On Saturday I got my 3rd box - here is how it broke down...
BL1
SE3
SE4 - same as earlier box
OS4 - Glory, same as earlier box
and PW2 !!!! Drusilla - black mesh & red embrodery Eek The card is a great piecework, and bulges out of the card like the Gold Andrew Toga does. Never thought I stood a chance of getting this card, but pre ordered 4 boxes just to increase my chances. It is the nicest Buffy pw card I have seen yet.
After this box I am a very happy bunny Elephant

Posts: 346 | Location: KENT UK | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Got 3 boxes - still have to break several packs but basically I didn't get the Spike PW1 I wanted Frown

Did get Warren Jacket (x2) & Lissa (Red). Cards are nice, but I've got to agree with the too orange feel...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Got 3 boxes - still have to break several packs but basically I didn't get the Spike PW1 I wanted Frown

Did get Warren Jacket (x2) & Lissa (Red). Cards are nice, but I've got to agree with the too orange feel...

Hey Tialessa! I'll trade you my Spike PW1 for your Lissa (Red) Wink Big Grin

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just recieved my 3 boxes. No Dru Pieceworks, but I think I
did pretty well.

Box 1

Pieceworks - Lissa (Black)
Box Loader - BL3
Other Side - Angelus
Seasons of Evil - SE3, SE4, SE5

Box 2

Pieceworks - Warren
Box Loader - BL1
Other Side - Dark Willow
Seasons of Evil - SE8, SE6

Box 3

Pieceworks - Adam (Green/Brown)
Box Loader - BL2
Other Side - GLory
Seasons of Evil - SE7, SE4

Posts: 127 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Got my box today:

1 full base set, 3 cards missing for a second base set and some spares.

- BL1
- OS-3 and OS-4
- SE-1 and SE-9
- Pieceworks PW3 (D'Hoffryn's Robe)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this box.

"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right."

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CrazyCavia
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 boxes today:

Box1:

BL1
OS-1
SE-4, SE-5
PW-3 D'Hoffryn

Box 2:
BL2
SE-2, SE-3
OS-5, OS-6
PW-5 Halfrek

3 basesets

Posts: 87 | Location: Assen, Netherlands | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s my breakdown for 6 boxes of Buffy Big Bads :-

Box 1
2 SoE
2 TOS
PW3 Costume card
BL2

Box 2
2 SoE
2 TOS
PW4 Costume card (Black/Brown)
BL2

Box 3
2 SoE
1 TOS
PW7 Costume card (Black)
BL1

Box 4
2 SoE
1 TOS
PW4 Costume card (Brown)
BL3

Box 5
2 SoE
1 TOS
PW1 Costume card Metal
BL3

Box 6
2 SoE
1 TOS
PW5 Costume card
BL1

To summarize, this is what I got :-

1 complete Seasons Of Evil set (plus 3 spares)
1 complete The Other Side set (plus 2 spares)
5 of 7 different Piecework cards (plus 1 spare)
2 complete Box Loader sets
I haven't finished sorting my base cards yet, but I estimate I will get about 10 or 11 sets.

Obviously, I was pleased to pull the Spike Piecework card, but didn't manage to get that elusive Dru one!!!

Posts: 10 | Location: Wisbech, Cambs, UK | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Just got my cards in the other day. I haven't bought a box of this set yet, I opted for this one to start with a mini-master, and then fill in the Pieceworks one by one. But...

I'm going to have to say that I like this set. I see where many are coming from with the "too orange" feel, and at the time I was just looking at the promos, and was really having to agree. But now that I have all the cards to look at, the orange coloration has kinda grown on me. There are a few screen captures that didn't come out great, but all in all, I felt the image selection was good. While I agree that the "Seasons of Evil" chase set is quite similar to the base cards, I think it's a well put together puzzle set. "The Other Side" cards are just stunning. The boxloader cards are probably my favorite to date, and I love the caseloader card as well. I also thought the portrait, as oppose to landscape, format for the Pieceworks was a nice change for the Buffy cards.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my box yesterday.
I think I did pretty well;

BL: BL-1 (damaged, sent back to Inkworks)
Base set: 1
SoE: 5
TOS: 4, 5
Piecework: 7 (BLACK)

ChRiS Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
four boxes

bl1 x2
bl2
bl3

Os Angel x2 Smile
Os Mayor x2

pw5 x2
pw7 x2

8 se

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vamp_spike
posted Hide Post
Got my box last week....

1 Complete base set
SE: 7,8,9
BL-3 (the only one i needed)
PWC-6

Overall im pretty happy with my box as Warren was the 3rd PWC i wanted the most....after Spike & Dru of course Big Grin

Funny thing, yesterday i went into my local Forbidden Planet and picked up 3 packs....Got the D'hoffryn PWC! Cool

Posts: 170 | Location: England | Registered: July 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
My first box of Buffy since Season 5 was first released:

PW7 Lissa Black
SE-1 SE-2
OS-1 OS-6

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my box i got:

1 base set, havent counted to see if i got another yet
BL 2
SE 8,9
OS 2
PW1 (Spike! Big Grin)

Posts: 5 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post