Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Creators Universe, The (Dynamic)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creators Universe, The (Dynamic)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted
36 packs, 6 cards each pack
Family Fusion (1:12) FF3(x2)
Super Dimensions (1:12) SD2,SD3
Checklists (1:18) CL1,CL2
Zero base sets, missing 9 (please see my trade list for the numbers if you have extras!)

No base set, and 5 of a lot of the same cards. Poor colation. I also missed one each of the 1:12 inserts.

As with many older boxes, the cards were stuck together. 75% of them suffered som surface
damage when peeled apart. I didn't expect much from this box I think I paid $3 for it in
Philly, but I was just taking a crack at an auto. No such luck this time, I just wish I would've gotten a base set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
This is one of my all time favorite sets Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I agree - cool artists & ideas.

What is the demand for those autographed boxes?
Do you have to keep them sealed,
or is there a demand for opened auto boxes?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was more the collation that I was unhappy with. And the damage, but I kind of expect that with older cards these days.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Worth a gamble though for $3

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Worth a gamble though for $3

Oh, yeah, I'm a sucker for the bargain box!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had the guy got an autograph, it would have been a diffrent story Wink

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
It seems that sets from the mid-90s used some sort of lamenation that deteriorates and makes the cards stick together. I always put a little stress on the pack by bending it back a forth a few times. Seems to crack the seal and minimize the damage.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
It seems that sets from the mid-90s used some sort of lamenation that deteriorates and makes the cards stick together. I always put a little stress on the pack by bending it back a forth a few times. Seems to crack the seal and minimize the damage.

That's my method also, but it didn't make a difference. They've got the peeled bubbles on the fronts of many of them.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dobby the House Elf

Please e-mail me about This set of cards.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I just got one of the Joe Jusko Auto'd Boxes

Checklist: CL2, CL3
Super Dimension: SD1, SD3, SD4
Family Fusion: FF1, FF2, FF3
22kt Gold Signature Series: 048 (Darick Robertson) Clap Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Dobby-

If you are still looking for any of these. Email me what you're missing. I have a TON of these.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Dobby-

If you are still looking for any of these. Email me what you're missing. I have a TON of these.

I need a CL5 , do you have one ?
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheap box.

Base set: not even bothered looking as virtually all the cards were stuck together

Family Fusion: FF1, FF2, FF3

Super Dimensions: SD1, SD2, SD4

Checklists: CL4, CL5

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Noo -- you need to peel them apart and look at them Wink This is one of my all-time favorite sets.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Already have a base set - this was actually my third box over the years Smile

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post