Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Fantastic Four Archives (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fantastic Four Archives (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I've opened 8 boxes so far. Below is a scan of some of the sketches I've pulled. I haven't fininished opening boxes or sorting cards, so I'll just give a breakdown of 1 box for now.

Box breakdown
Base sets: 1
Nemesis inserts: 3
Ready for Action inserts: 2
Legendary Heroes inserts: 1

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Absolutly amazed this is the only breakdown so far Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the sold label on the Surfer sketch...I edited it in Photobucket and do not have the original scan on this computer.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Box 3189/8000
Sketch: The Thing and Sasquatch(?) by Marcelo Ferreira

Legendary Heroes: Black Panther
Ready for Action: A6, A10
Nemesis: N4, N6, N9

Box 5192/8000
Sketch: Black Panther by Dave Simons

Legendary Heroes: Invisible Woman
Ready for Action: A1, A7
Nemesis: N2, N3, N7

The base set for this is excellent; much better than the Batman Archives set. Each card has a scene from a comic and fills the card apart from a small blue border. The back has the comic cover on the left with the artist and date of the comic and a significant amount of info about the story in that issue on the right.

The Nemesis chase set is my favourite of the three. The backs of the cards have info on the bad guys including real name, first appearance and powers and abilities.

The Legendary Heroes cards are very similar to the DC Legacy style with an embossed silver version of the character as originally drawn with a coloured, modern version on the right. The backs have biographical info and a description.

The Ready for Action cards have a mix of foil and embossed features on each card. Nice and distinctive.

I am pleased I bought this over Batman Archives, primarily because of the quality of the base set.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
2 boxes

Two really nice sketches of Reed Richards and Sue Storm.

Sue Storm is by Cinar.

Can someone please tell me who the artist is for Reed Richards?

Thanks.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Reed is by Tone Rodriguez.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My first 6 boxes broke well, all of the inserts were inserted as stated and distribution was good. This is a great set! More coming on Sunday. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
You're all making me jealous. I will post my break when they finally arrive from across vast amounts of water.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Reed is by Tone Rodriguez.

I was thinking it might be. Thanks !!!

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Next four boxes, with a bonus black and white sketch! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next four boxes, with a bonus black and white sketch!

Four boxes for four excellent sketches and a bonus. Great pulls!

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Doom Bot are you kidding me?

Razz

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i didnt think any were in black and white?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Most if not all of the bonus sketches are black and white.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope I have half your luck Thumb Up The b&w works out at just over one in seven cases.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
That Shehulk is great! Too bad the artist signed over the front in gold. Kinda ruins it.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thats funny, doesn't take away from the sketch at all to me. That is how the artist signed all his cards and looking through them I don't see one that I would consider ruined by the signature.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I seem to be on a bit of a roll, I didn't have time yesterday to break my case I picked so I just opened the first box and I found another bonus sketch, this time in color from Ryan Cody, along with a nice Lui Antonio:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Only three boxes for me this go-around (boy, do I need to get a job Frown). Kuddos to RA on a fine set. I got all of the expected chase cards and the following sketches...

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post