Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far I've only opened 1 box out of my case. I made 1 base set and pulled a Valerie Leon autograph card.

Laura

____________________
Twitter = L_Inglis_artist
Facebook = LauraInglis7
http://laurainglisillustration.com
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Good start, hope you get a Dave Prowse auto and some good sketches. Don't forget to post some pics Smile
 
Posts: 744 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
the break down seems to be getting worse as the days go on the odds changed from 1 sketch in every 2nd box to 1 in 2-3 boxs but to get 2 in a case of 10 is just rubbing salt in the wounds,barry strikes again.
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
Not a full breakdown.

But out of my case I had one dud box, no autos. One hot (or not so hot) box with two autos but no sketch. Out of the entire case I got two (count em') two sketch cards. One very excellent colour sketch by Nik of Ursula Andress from "She" and one (unidentifiable) half profile sketch from Rich Molinelli. So 11 autographs including the case topper.

Have been in touch with Barrie concerning the short ratio, so I wait patiently to see if he can deliver. Fingers crossed.
 
Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned in another thread I received box number 0010. It contained the following:-

1 Base set
48 for a 2nd base set
28 odds
1 HA 2 Valerie Leon autograph
1 Nik Neocleous sketch as shown below

No foils at all although the box mentions foils but this is under the number label and is difficult to read.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

____________________
 
Posts: 1968 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice sketch John - fantastic colours - and to think, I was just one box number away from it! Big Grin

I just hope that there's a sketch in one of my boxes!

Opening tomorrow.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think I pulled any foils out of my case but.... I'm still sorting commons so I might end up finding some.
Overall I had a great case. I pulled 12 autos (including the case topper) and 5 sketch cards. I had 2 boxes that contained 2 sketches and 2 boxes that contained 2 autographs.

Autographs:
Madeline Smith x 2
Valerie Leon x 2
Caroline Munroe x 2
Martine Beswicke x 2
Veronica Carlson
Hazel Court
Jenny Hanley
Ingrid Pitt

Sketches:
Kevin Graham
Nik x 2 !!!!!
Rowena Pagarigan
Carolyn Edwards




Laura

____________________
Twitter = L_Inglis_artist
Facebook = LauraInglis7
http://laurainglisillustration.com
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
the break down seems to be getting worse as the days go on the odds changed from 1 sketch in every 2nd box to 1 in 2-3 boxs but to get 2 in a case of 10 is just rubbing salt in the wounds,barry strikes again.
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
Not a full breakdown.

But out of my case I had one dud box, no autos. One hot (or not so hot) box with two autos but no sketch. Out of the entire case I got two (count em') two sketch cards. One very excellent colour sketch by Nik of Ursula Andress from "She" and one (unidentifiable) half profile sketch from Rich Molinelli. So 11 autographs including the case topper.

Have been in touch with Barrie concerning the short ratio, so I wait patiently to see if he can deliver. Fingers crossed.


Will reserve judgement til I hear back from Barrie.
 
Posts: 12 | Location: Behind the sofa | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I don't think I pulled any foils out of my case but.... I'm still sorting commons so I might end up finding some.
Overall I had a great case. I pulled 12 autos (including the case topper) and 5 sketch cards. I had 2 boxes that contained 2 sketches and 2 boxes that contained 2 autographs.

Autographs:
Madeline Smith x 2
Valerie Leon x 2
Caroline Munroe x 2
Martine Beswicke x 2
Veronica Carlson
Hazel Court
Jenny Hanley
Ingrid Pitt

Sketches:
Kevin Graham
Nik x 2 !!!!!
Rowena Pagarigan
Carolyn Edwards




Laura


So much for no repeat artists within a case.
 
Posts: 12 | Location: Behind the sofa | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
An update to my breakdown...

I contacted SI about my missing autos and Elisabeth sent these two beauties out. Smile





Very impressed with the prompt customer service. Thanks again, Elisabeth.
 
Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
She's nice that Elisabeth. Smile

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28778 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Box 0008 opened tonight.

0 base set - 9 cards short Frown

0 foil cards

2 autograph cards:

HA7 Madeline Smith
HA8 Veronica Carlson

Smile

An up and down box there.

Box 0009 tomorrow.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
[Sketches:
Kevin Graham
Nik x 2 !!!!!
Rowena Pagarigan
Carolyn Edwards

So much for no repeat artists within a case.


Who cares when it's 2 of Nik's - that is being over critical. 2 x Woodhouse = Out of Order, 2 x Nik = Clap
 
Posts: 12066 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
[Sketches:
Kevin Graham
Nik x 2 !!!!!
Rowena Pagarigan
Carolyn Edwards

So much for no repeat artists within a case.


Who cares when it's 2 of Nik's - that is being over critical. 2 x Woodhouse = Out of Order, 2 x Nik = Clap


I agree. I am thrilled to get 2 of Nik's cards out of the case.
Laura

____________________
Twitter = L_Inglis_artist
Facebook = LauraInglis7
http://laurainglisillustration.com
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
My second box (0009) also had no foils, and no base set either - I haven't got a complete base from both boxes combined. I've sent off an e-mail and Strictly Ink always come through in past experience.

No sketch in this box either - I've yet to pull one from a Strictly Ink box but that's just my bad luck.

I got a Martine Beswicke auto so that makes 3 autos in my 2 boxes - not a bad break.

I wonder when the binders will be coming.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I read in another post on here that the binders are being sent out in about a weeks time with 1 pack of foils for every box purchase. Shame about the base sets though.
 
Posts: 744 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember at least 1 earlier Hammer release (from Cornerstone Communications maybe) where the collation on the base card was off and it was difficult to make sets.
Laura

____________________
Twitter = L_Inglis_artist
Facebook = LauraInglis7
http://laurainglisillustration.com
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
My missing base cards are being sent through.

A prompt response to my e-mail from Elisabeth and all is sorted.

Great service Strictly Ink ! Thumb Up

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I seem to remember at least 1 earlier Hammer release (from Cornerstone Communications maybe) where the collation on the base card was off and it was difficult to make sets.
Laura



This was the series 1. Series 2 seemed to be far more plentiful.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28778 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Two of the boxes in my case did not have complete base sets but I did have enough spares to cover those missing in the other boxes. Not worth bothering Barrie or Elizabeth about.
 
Posts: 12 | Location: Behind the sofa | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well this was my case

Case auto Jenny Hanley

1511 A Sketch by RAM
Valerie Leon auto

1512 Madeline Smith auto
Martine Beswicke auto

1513 A sketch by Don Pedicini Jr ( in fact the one shown on the Strictly Ink sketchers page )
Hazel Court auto

1514 Valerie Leon auto

1515 Caroline Munro auto

1516 Ingrid Pitt auto

1517 A sketch by Rowena Pagarigan
Martine Beswicke auto

1518 Madeline Smith auto

1519 NO SKETCH NOR AUTO

1520 Valerie Leon auto

Very nice base set with Christopher Lee puzzle etc

 
Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)

© Non-Sport Update 2013