Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those are very good, you must be well pleased.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
quote:
Originally posted by minigiles:
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
When I asked Barrie about the short ratio on my case, I was told that he found it unlikely since the sketches were hand collated within the boxes!!!!

That'd be an example of the wonderful customer service everyone goes on about. HHHHMMMMM???

Didn't say that he said he wasn't doing anything! Just that that was the immediate responce that I got. Nothing more. Just a comment on whoever did the box collation, not to Strictly Ink's Customer service. I too have issues with Strictly Ink but this matter seems to be getting dealt with.

Well despite severe reservations with Strictly in the past. On this occation Barrie has come up trumps, recieved Sketch this morning along with my binder. A lovely colour Nik (yes Nik again, not a complaint)of Peter Cushing, in half face shadow. So in this instance, a happy bunny. Cheers Barrie, restores my faith.

Posts: 12 | Location: Behind the sofa | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
i bought a box and binder of this and its my first strictly ink set.i gotta say there great cards although could do with a few more chase sets. for some reason i got my chase cards in a seperate pack, im not too sure why this is but any help would be great. i got a full base set and the madaline smith auto.no sketch card this time but hopefully i will pull 1. i had no idea they were 1 in every 4 boxes. overall im quite pleased with my box just a shame about the sketch ratio and lack of inserts

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes and got the Valerie Leon and Hazel Court autos. No sketch Frown. 1 base set in each box.

Also got a binder with an Ingrid Pitt auto.

Nice cards. I got 8 foil cards in 2 separate packs. Need to find F4 now for the full set of 9.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ged:
i bought a box and binder of this and its my first strictly ink set.i gotta say there great cards although could do with a few more chase sets. for some reason i got my chase cards in a seperate pack, im not too sure why this is but any help would be great. i got a full base set and the madaline smith auto.no sketch card this time but hopefully i will pull 1. i had no idea they were 1 in every 4 boxes. overall im quite pleased with my box just a shame about the sketch ratio and lack of inserts

I think there was a problem printing the foil cards for the initial release, so SI sent out packs of foils separately later on.

I got my binder and two packs of foils this week too. It's a very nice binder. The simple black/blood-red design is very cool.

I managed to get no duplicates with my two packs of foils and luckily, my friend has a spare of the one card I am missing. Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
i wonder if in newer sets strictly ink will make a few more chase sets and hopefully have a sketch in every box or every other box. I also hope there will be alot more hammer horror sets as i think there fantastic, i waited ages for this set and it dosent dissapoint Big Grin

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
2000ad will have a sketch in every box with some boxes having 2 but we'll have to wait until next month for that one.

Raj, I've sent you an email as I have a spare F4 you can have, let me know if you didn't get it.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, the great news is that I got two boxes, and pulled two sketches. The mildly bad news is that they were virtually "the same." I only was able to manage one complete base set across two boxes.

BOX 1027

Base Cards: 0 full sets, 2 short of 1st (22, 50), 22 short of 2nd, 16 threes, 3 fours, 2 fives
Poster Foils: none
Autograph: HA2, Valerie Leon
Sketch: Rich Molinelli

BOX 1023

Base Cards: 0 full sets, 1 short of 1st (39), 22 short of 2nd, 15 threes, 6 fours
Poster Foils: none
Autograph: HA1, Caroline Munro
Sketch: Rich Molinelli

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Here's my box findings:

Box number 1262
1 base set
0 foils
0 Sketch cards
1 Auto - Martine Beswicke Smile

Love this set - especially the 9 glamour hammer cards!
Recomended to all horror fans Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.

Autos
Madeline Smith
Ingrid Pitt

Sketch
'Oliver Reed' by Don Pedicni Jr

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I grabbed a box from their sale and pulled an Igrid Pitt auto, the main one I wanted! Smile

No sketches though. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I got a pretty reasonably priced box (even after shipping from the UK) off eBay.

Box 228

1 Base set (not even close for a second one!)
Martine Beswicke autograph.
No sketches.

As part of the auction the seller also included two promo cards and a pack of foils. Very pleased!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post