Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/7691001482

May 21, 2008, 09:51 AM
Don Pedicini Jr.
Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
Nice pull that was one of my favorite cards I did...

May 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
wolfie
Which Hammer film is the RAM sketch from. Confused

May 21, 2008, 01:02 PM
Servo
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Is it Phantom Of The Opera?
May 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
RAMolinelli
quote:
Originally posted by Servo:
quote:

Yes................

May 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
doomwatch
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by doomwatch:
[Sketches:
Kevin Graham
Nik x 2 !!!!!
Rowena Pagarigan
Carolyn Edwards

So much for no repeat artists within a case.

Who cares when it's 2 of Nik's - that is being over critical. 2 x Woodhouse = Out of Order, 2 x Nik = Clap

Not the point I was making. There shouldn't be any duplication within the cases at all according to the pre-publicity. Regardless of who the artist is!!!! Fine if it is a good artist, however imagine a collector who is collecting examples from each of the artists, won't they be disappointed no matter who spectacular the artist or artwork?

Incidentally RAM I got sketch card which features a girl with long hair, half face profile. Is this meant to be Valerie Leon? I think there are two examples on the sketch page at Strictly's site.
May 21, 2008, 01:45 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
quote:
Originally posted by Servo:
quote:

Yes................

Thank you, Herbert Lom if i remember correctly.

May 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
damien
i got my box today
box 0038
1 base set
1 autograph
i'm happy i pulled the madeline smith its the only
one i absolutely needed (to go with my binder
inrid pitt vampire lovers autograph when it arrives)
i have still never pulled a sketch in anything
while i did get the full set,i managed to damage 4 cards i only had 1 of (stupid me)
so now i need 11-29-52-53
can anyone help
i must say my only real complaint is...
cards are too thin
May 22, 2008, 11:27 AM
vampy
today i saw a blank hazel court auto card pulled from a packet of hammer horror,did the people putting the cards in the packs not see this? the same case produced 4 excellent sketchs 1+ aragon 1+leah mangue a fantastic pencil caroline edwards and a full colour naked blood spatterd sketch i cant recall who drew that one. yet again a good case when so many of us are getting very poor selection there appears to be no real control on colating the box`s
May 22, 2008, 05:31 PM
doomwatch
When I asked Barrie about the short ratio on my case, I was told that he found it unlikely since the sketches were hand collated within the boxes!!!!
May 23, 2008, 02:47 AM
hammer
quote:
Not the point I was making. There shouldn't be any duplication within the cases at all according to the pre-publicity. Regardless of who the artist is!!!! Fine if it is a good artist, however imagine a collector who is collecting examples from each of the artists, won't they be disappointed no matter who spectacular the artist or artwork?

I don't think getting 2 cards from Nik would be a worry as they could sell/Trade one of those for something else. There are a couple of artists who I would be pleased not to get

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
May 23, 2008, 09:33 AM
minigiles
quote:
When I asked Barrie about the short ratio on my case, I was told that he found it unlikely since the sketches were hand collated within the boxes!!!!

That'd be an example of the wonderful customer service everyone goes on about. HHHHMMMMM???
May 23, 2008, 10:46 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by minigiles:

That'd be an example of the wonderful customer service everyone goes on about. HHHHMMMMM???

I think you've flogged this to death now - we know you are not happy - leave it and move on
May 23, 2008, 12:02 PM
vampy
i sent an e mail to barry on monday about the short fall of an auto and only two sketchs by the same artist on monday and have not had any response, i e mailed again as i bought an other box which also contained no auto ,no response to that e mail yet either ?
May 23, 2008, 02:56 PM
vampy
i have just had a replie from barry tonight saying he is sending out a sketch cant wait .i see the chase sets are for sale on the net now.
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
i sent an e mail to barry on monday about the short fall of an auto and only two sketchs by the same artist on monday and have not had any response, i e mailed again as i bought an other box which also contained no auto ,no response to that e mail yet either ?

May 23, 2008, 05:18 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
i have just had a replie from barry tonight saying he is sending out a sketch cant wait .i see the chase sets are for sale on the net now.
quote:

That'd be an example of wonderful customer service that we keep on about.
I was really lucky with my last 4 cases, averaged 4 sketches per case with 2 cracking sketches by Scott Houseman, I'm really liking his artwork on this one. Another 2 stunning sketches by NIK, and another fantastic sketch by Don Pedicini Jr of Dracula. Still no Prowse auto though Shake Head so if anyone's up for a trade then please let me know. Will post skethes on here soon.
May 24, 2008, 06:23 AM
wolfie
What are all you guys doing with your extras?

I would like to collect this set.

May 24, 2008, 07:31 AM
doomwatch
quote:
Originally posted by minigiles:
quote:

Didn't say that he said he wasn't doing anything! Just that that was the immediate responce that I got. Nothing more. Just a comment on whoever did the box collation, not to Strictly Ink's Customer service. I too have issues with Strictly Ink but this matter seems to be getting dealt with.
May 24, 2008, 07:08 PM
treksearcher
Bought a box from a local dealer, it appears like a good box Autograph of Ingrid Pitt AND a sketch. However, not impressed with the sketch (see post Have you seen my Monkey?)

Did manage to make up a base set.
May 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
jaseb
Treksearcher,

I have sent you an e-mail (For you and your Monkey)
May 25, 2008, 05:13 AM
Jason Wright
Here are some sketches I pulled

Interestingly I can't find Dons Dracula sketch on the SI website. I was really pleased with the sketche ratio: 3 in one case, 4 each in the next 2, and 5 in the last case.