Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Horror (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

posted
My first 2 boxes arrived today I got lucky Smile Cheers Barrie.

Box: 30 packs of 5 cards, 2 Foil, and 1 Autograph. Expect 2.04 base card sets (72) per box if collation were perfect. Stated odds as per box are: Foil - Not Mentioned, Autograph - 1:30, Sketch Card - 1:120. Stated odds as per pack: Foil 1:12, Autograph 1:30, Sketch 1:30.

Onto the box - Box Number 22

Base Sets - 0 - 71/72 cards for 1st set, 51/72 for 2nd set and 25 odd cards.

Foil Cards - 0 ????

Autographs - 2
HA8 - Veronica Carlson
HA9 - Martine Beswicke

Sketch - 1
Leah Mangue (35 Sketches Done By Artist)

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger scan, it's the best I can do with Photobucket.

The base set is gorgeous with many unseen images. I think I beat the odds. Elephant

The other box is for a mate, so I will post that breakdown when he opens it. I wonder where my case is?

Has anyone pulled any foils yet?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaseb,

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
You did well with that box, I believe 1 box in each case has 2 autos and a sketch so you picked the right box to open for yourself.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can see some scans of the sketch cards ?

Thanks Thumb Up

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I've just registered on photobucket so will have a go showing the sketches tonight.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's my first case breakdown:
Box 251: Caroline Munro auto

Box 252: Valerie Lyon auto

Box 253: Madeline Smith auto
Hazel Court auto
Sketch by NIK

Box 254: Martine Beswicke auto

Box 255: No auto
Sketch by Carolyn Edwards

Box 256: Caroline Munro auto

Box 257: Veronica Carlson auto

Box 258: Martine Beswicke auto
Sketch by Rowena Pagarigan

Box 259: Madeline Smith auto

Box 260: Hazel Court auto

Case topper: Jenny Hanley auto

So 12 autos including the case topper and 3 sketches. Will post sketches later, no foils due to error at the printers and these will be sent out later apparently.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason Wright,

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes today (binder to follow apparently).

Box 0017
No auto or sketch. Frown
Will need to speak to Barrie about this.
Base Set: Incomplete (missing 11, 24, 27, 33, 34, 42, 46, 52, 64)

Box 0018
Sketch: Carolyn Edwards - Ingrid Pitt (I think) Smile
Base Set: Incomplete (missing 15, 27, 60, 62, 66)

No foils in either box (I guess from Doctor Jas that these will follow).

The base set images are very nice with different images/puzzles/background info on the reverse. The cards stock is a little thin, but well printed. It is a bit disappointing to not get a base set from each box, but I am sure Barrie can fix this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thush,

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
4th attempt to display sketches

posted Hide Post
Cool is that my vampire bride?

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Cool was also the word I used Don, and no you can't have it back Big Grin I thought that was one of the best sketches you've done for this set so was chuffed to have pulled it.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Next case

Box 201: Caroline Munro auto

Box 202: Valerie Lyon auto
Madeline Smith auto
Sketch of the Vampire Bride by Don Pedicini Jr

Box 203: Martine Beswicke auto

Box 204: Hazel Court auto

Box 205: Valerie Lyon auto
Sketch by RAM

Box 206: Caroline Munro auto

Box 207: Ingrid Pitt auto
Sketch by RAM

Box 208: Martine Beswicke auto

Box 209: Madeline Smith auto
Veronica Carlson auto

Box 210: Caroline Munro auto

Overall really pleased although suprised to get 2 sketches by the same artist as there were supposed to be no duplicate artists in any one case. Going to save some pennies for a couple more cases.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Cool was also the word I used Don, and no you can't have it back Big Grin I thought that was one of the best sketches you've done for this set so was chuffed to have pulled it.

Great I am glad you got it, that was one of my favorites too from the set.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Is a full base set promised?

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Is a full base set promised?

Yes. Guaranteed on the box.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Case topper: Ingrid Pitt auto

Out of interest which Ingrid Pitt auto was included as the box topper? The "Binder" card or another one, also no Jenny Hanley case toppers, I know that they are supposed to be limited now but all the same...

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
quote:

Case topper: Ingrid Pitt auto

Out of interest which Ingrid Pitt auto was included as the box topper? The "Binder" card or another one, also no Jenny Hanley case toppers, I know that they are supposed to be limited now but all the same...

I actually put down the wrong info and quickly edited that post, it was the Jenny Hanley case topper I got.

Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Received my box today, binder to follow.
It seems that my lucky streak continues as I got one of the hot boxes containing 2 autos and a sketch.

Box no.0025 (My lowest box no. ever I think)
Base sets
None missing 14 & 44
Foils
None
Autographs
HA6 - Hazel Court
HA9 - Martine Beswicke
Sketch Cards
Don Pedicini Jr. (Scan to follow)

I've just noticed that the foil cards aren't mentioned on the box at all, but they are on the packs. Also the odds of finding a sketch card on the box is 1:120 but 1:30 on the packs.

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
I got my 2 boxes today. Binder to follow.

Box 19
1 base set
No Foils

Auto HA2 Valerie Leon
Sketch Jessica Hickman

Box 20
2 cards short of a base set
No foils

Auto HA3 Ingrid Pitt

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
My 2 boxes came today - boxes 0008 & 0009 my lowest Strictly-Ink numbers ever (I had number 0010 of Dr Who trilogy). Binder to follow as with everyone else.

The bad news is that I can't open them to the weekend - other evening/work commitments won't allow me to do them proper justice until then.

Results later.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My box arrived today and it was numbered 0010. I have had time to open all the packets but not sort the cards other than discover that I have Nik color sketch of Christopher Lee and a autographed Valerie Leon card.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a full breakdown.

But out of my case I had one dud box, no autos. One hot (or not so hot) box with two autos but no sketch. Out of the entire case I got two (count em') two sketch cards. One very excellent colour sketch by Nik of Ursula Andress from "She" and one (unidentifiable) half profile sketch from Rich Molinelli. So 11 autographs including the case topper.

Have been in touch with Barrie concerning the short ratio, so I wait patiently to see if he can deliver. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 12 | Location: Behind the sofa | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post