Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2010 COMIC CON MYSTERY PACKS (Breygent)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 COMIC CON MYSTERY PACKS (Breygent)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
These are the standard sized packs with one sketch OR autograph OR memorabilia card PLUS one promo card. Both the "hit" and the promo are standard sized trading cards.

NOTE: Please see the similarly titled "5X7" thread for the larger packs which came with a large sketch card and one oversized promo.

Price at the show for these standard sized packs direct from Breygent was $24 per pack or 5 packs for $100. The packets are varying thickness depending upon the special card inside, so they were wisely kept under glass away from nimble fingers.

I have never once been disappointed by a Breygent product so I was happy to purchase 10 of the packs which broke down for me as follows:

3 DEXTER costume/props
3 GHOST WHISPERER costume/props
4 CARTOON or GOLDEN AGE SKETCH CARDS

and here they are:
DEXTER

DEXTER'S WORK UNIFORM

DEXTER'S CAMERA STRAPs

BLOOD SPATTER PAPER

GHOST WHISPERER

Jennifer Love Hewitt Work suit

JLH Blouse

Prop Map

SKETCH CARDS:

Guillaume Prevost

Steven Miller

Kevin Graham

Tina F.
This card is amazing, thanks for it Tina (the "F." must stand for Fantastic!).

As I mentioned, each pack also had a promo card, and in my case, all promos were from the same set the costume/sketch card in that pack was from.

As for the cards themselves, I found every single one to be well worth the $20 each cost. The metallogloss memorabilia cards are impessive to say the least with a silver metal band around their borders and polished stone-type fronts and backs, yet another fine innovation from Breygent. All 6 of my costume/prop cards are in this new style, except for the Dexter camera strap which is done in the regular, albeit extremely thick, prop card style of past releases.

All sketches except for the golden age sketch (TNT TODD) have a striking glittery-gold enhancement on them that looks much nicer in person.

I was hoping for a Dexter autograph, but no luck this time, however, I am still very pleased with this purchase. I do not know if these cards sold out at the show, but if Breygent has any more available,
I have 20 more packs ordered, and will post as soon as I have them. Lots of fun, and good value for the money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 10 packs of these coming and I am really hoping for a Dexter autograph. The dual Hewitt/Duff would obviously be great also. I really don't collect the sketch or costume cards as much so hopefully I will get at least 1 autograph in the lot (please don't be from Paranormal Activity). I will post my breaks once I get them in.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Luck, Bacall1. The autographs are definitely scarce in these, but I saw them all in person at Comic Con, and they are all fantastic. I hope you get the one(s!) you want.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Good Luck, Bacall1. The autographs are definitely scarce in these, but I saw them all in person at Comic Con, and they are all fantastic. I hope you get the one(s!) you want.

Thanks chesspieceface. I really hope so also. All of the cards look great, so I am sure I wont be disappointed in anything I get, but an autograph from dexter would certainly be icing on the cake. I'll post results later this week after I receive them and hopefully will have an autograph to post about.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice pulls
i have many many packs comeing too i can not wait till i get them and the 5x7
like everyone i am hopeing for the the gw and dexter autos i should have my packs by this weekend

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, the Camera strap dexter prop and the crime scene number are both more rare than any of the metalogloss cards.

I won't say how many packs I opened, but it was a very large amount and with the exception of the Paranormal director autograph card, there isn't a SINGLE card that isn't worth the price point. This was one heck of a comic con exclusive set. Breygent never disappoints!

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and this is the break down of the other cards
1 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Blood Spattered Target Paper
1 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Blood Spattered Wardrobe
2 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Toolbag
1 Metal-gloss [Dexter] "#D3-SPECIAL" Wardrobe
2 Metal-gloss [GW] Wardrobe (Coroner)
2 Metal-gloss [GW] Wardrobe (Pink Shirt)
2 Metal-gloss [GW] Map
1 [Dexter] Crime Scene Number
2 [Dexter] 8 swatch (light green background)
1 [Dexter] 8 swatch (dark green background)
3 [PA] Oren Peli Autographs
2 [PA] Micah Sloat Shirt/Autograph
1 [PA] Katie Featherston auto/swatch
1 [GW] JLH & Hilary Duff Dual Autograph

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 [GW] JLH & Hilary Duff Dual Autograph

congrats Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Received 8 packs today.

Here's what I pulled:

Sketches by Guillaume Prevost and Brian Kong.

I'm glad to have pulled a couple of autos. I'd prefer to have snagged a Dexter or GW one, but I'm quite content. I hope I get 10 more packs of this stuff. Quite fun.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here some more from me (20 packs).
Beautiful cards!

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls chesspieceface! That would be my ideal break.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Ordered a pack from Ed which arrived this morning. I pulled a Metalgloss Ghost Whisperer costume card: Melinda's work uniform (All black swatch).

I was hoping to pull a Dexter card but I can't complain about pulling such cool looking card from only one pack.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
Nice pulls chesspieceface! That would be my ideal break.

exactly....congrats on your haul Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats chesspieceface that is an amazing break a lot of great looking cards

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls! Love that Green Sorceress Sketch! I'll be scanning my tomorrow and will post 'em

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here are my last 20 packs

1 Cartoon Sketches (Gold border)
2 Cartoon Sketches
1 Golden Age of Comics Sketches
1 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Blood Spattered Target Paper
1 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Blood Spattered Wardrobe
2 Metal-gloss [Dexter] Toolbag
1 Metal-gloss [GW] Wardrobe (Coroner)
1 Metal-gloss [GW] Map
1 [Dexter] 8 swatch (light green background)
1 [Dexter] 8 swatch (dark green background)
1 [Dexter] camera strap
1 [Dexter] Jimmy smits auto
2 [Dexter] 4 swatch
1 [PA] Oren Peli Autographs
1 [PA] Katie Featherston auto/swatch
1 [GW] 9 swatch
1 [GW] JLH Autograph

very happy with this breakdown missed the dexter but i pulled 5 of the 7 cards i did not have yet : )))))
if any one has a dexter auto and is looking to part with it please let me know

posted Hide Post
opened three packs of this:

very, very pleased with all of these. so much so, i went in for a few more, arriving soon.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice pulls i think that might be the most rare metal card, or at least it was for me good luck on your next packs

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of Packs

JLH - Auto
Metalgloss [GW] Map

Lovely cards - the Metalgloss cards are GREAT. Unfortunately I was hoping for Dexter Cards

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post