Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Legends & Lore (Sadlittles)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legends & Lore (Sadlittles)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted
Received my box today (yes, they do come in a box - very like a pack of cards) and I must say it's an excellent set. The 50 base set cards are vibrant and varied with some informative prose (sometimes in rhyme) about the character featured on the front. All packs come with a blank sketch card and you can "...draw on it, commission a sketch, toss it across the room or use it as a coaster...".

Here's the sketch I got in my pack:

It's Thor, but I am (as yet) unaware who the artist is.

Edit:

I now know that the artist is Gilbert YoungRoland. It's handy when the artist is able to help you out !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justm,

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Very nice set. Way better than expected. This set has a high production value. Just be prepared to wait a bit for your sets to arrive. It's a one man show over at SadLittles.com, but that means the quality controls is top notch!

Here are my first round of pulls.

1. Robin Hood By Brandon Kenney
2. Hades By Darren Chandler (no sig)
3. Tin Man by Nathan Ohlendorf
4. Thor By Gidieon Land
5. Cheshire Cat By George Calloway
6. Circe By Ruskin
7. Scarecrow By Sherry Leak
8. Mole By Dane Ault
9. Circe By Ted Dastick

And this little beauty by Sanna U Luv You

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
That tin man is adorable!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got my set today, and it is awesome! I ended up with a duplicate of #48. If anyone would like it, email me your addy and I will send it to you for free.

Oh, yeah, and the sketch:

Big Grin Clap

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Now I just need to figure out who to commission to fill my blank sketch card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got my sets and also the Essence of Fairyland preview cards.The sketches are all exceptionally high quality and I got two in every pack instead of one Eek Dance .

Is anyone able to post pictures for me.I have just about figured out how to send pictures as an e-mail attachment but that is the limit of my technological knowledge Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just got my sets and also the Essence of Fairyland preview cards.The sketches are all exceptionally high quality and I got two in every pack instead of one Eek Dance .

Is anyone able to post pictures for me.I have just about figured out how to send pictures as an e-mail attachment but that is the limit of my technological knowledge Roll Eyes .

To post pictures, there are two steps:
1/ Post the pictures to some hosting site (I suggest sketchcollectors.com, but you can also use photobucket or something similar)
2/ In the NSU post, use the (img) and (/img) tages, with [] instead of (), around the address of the picture

If you can't make it work, send me an email. I can post them for you.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[/IMG]

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bah Humbug! Mad .I guess me and computers don't go together Shake Head .

I will try and send you an e-mail Tangent.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here ya go, Frog...

quote:

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Igman Thumb Up . Tangent has e-mailed me some advice also so I will try again later and hope for better results.

The above card is Persephone by Dane Ault.The ones below in order are:

Artemis by Ingrid Hardy
John Carter of Mars by Darren Chandler
Phantom of the Opera by Ted Dastick
Snow White by Cassie James
Dorian Grey by Jay
Odin by Doug Riggsby
Robin Hood by Brandon Kenny.

Now that I have got the hang of this I will see what else I can post.I have a number of pack pulled sketches for various sets that only myself, the artist, and the person who packed it have ever seen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two more packs yielded Merlin by Rich Mollinelli and Wicked Witch and Dorothy by ???Any help identifying the artist appreciated.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dorothy by ???Any help identifying the artist appreciated.

Looks like C K Russell

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Justm Thumb Up .I just looked at his sketches on the Sketchcollectors site and while that one is not shown the signatures match.