Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Comic Series, The (Cryptozoic Entertainment, 2012)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Comic Series, The (Cryptozoic Entertainment, 2012)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted
Thought I would start since release date is Friday. I should be posting mine at that timeSmile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some of what I got, all available in my trade post.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Did you pull any autos?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yeah, adlard and the editor (not sure who he is)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened one case:

Sketches (need help with one of the artists)

Mike Duron, David Baron, Billy Martin
Clayton McCormack, Patrick Hamill, George Deep
unknown, Marcus Smith, Adam Cline

Remi Dousset, Penelope Rivera Gaylord, Dennis Culver
plus Rus Wooten auto & Printing Plate

Inserts
Killed In Action - 1 complete set, 15 extras (one damaged)
Mini-Books - 2 complete sets, 6 extras
Parallel set - 4 cards short of a set, 9 extras

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey gang, pleasantly surprised by this set. I cannot express how much I enjoyed this break. The foil cards are awesome, the base set is just gorgeous and the sketches are really really nice! Obviously got lucky with these 6 boxes in regards to the plate and the auto.

Anyways any help with a couple of the sketch artists would be greatly appreciated. Especially the car one, I don't even see a signature on it The zombie one by Nastos is absolutely amazing in hand. Thanks for reading!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls for only 6 boxes! Mat Nastos is the man! Love his zombie work!

If you are looking to trade or get ride of your autograph please send me an email to campbelljh3@yahoo.com. I am sure we could work something out!

Thanks,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
hey gang, pleasantly surprised by this set. I cannot express how much I enjoyed this break. The foil cards are awesome, the base set is just gorgeous and the sketches are really really nice! Obviously got lucky with these 6 boxes in regards to the plate and the auto.

Anyways any help with a couple of the sketch artists would be greatly appreciated. Especially the car one, I don't even see a signature on it The zombie one by Nastos is absolutely amazing in hand. Thanks for reading!

Do you have any extra foil parallel you are looking to trade?

Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Seriously wish I knew about this sooner, would have ordered a box. Just waiting for a base set to go up on UK ebay now!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
After pulling a plate in the 2nd box, I probably should have stopped...I know, it is a sickness.

I was able to put together 1 full set of the KIA and Comic Book sets missing 2 cards to have another of each with 2 traders.

I got a great start on the 91 card foil parallel (missing 26 cards).

And here are the goods:

Black Printing Plate of card 63

A3 Rus Wooten Auto

Marlin Shoop and Mat Nastos

Lord Mesa and Penelope "Peng Peng" Gaylord

Travis Walton and Joe Pekar

Jim Hanna and Dennis Culver

Not sure on this one.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Once again, one box didn't have a base set. Maybe my second box will make two sets.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box

Chris Hoffman (he did 20)

CB1, CB9
KIA3, KIA9

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Three boxes in of a six box purchase, these are great! So far I have three nice sketches and a redemption for an oversized printing plate, R41, which I don't even see listed on the Cryptozoic website. Does anyone know what exactly these are?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Yes - They are oversized printing plates Big Grin

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's a plate for the box or something? Sounds pretty cool.

EDIT:
Actually, looking at the CZE site http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...c-book-trading-cards it looks like it might be one of the plates for the oversized 4x6" art cards. But I wonder if the plate is also signed by Kirkman and Adlard?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ted Dastick Jr.,

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes - They are oversized printing plates

Hammer = Twak

Ted, I think you are right, I suspect that these are the plates for the oversized art cards, that makes complete sense which is why I never thought of it!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, I've gone completely insane on this set. I don't even know how many boxes I've opened. I know I'm sitting on one last case tho.

Here's some of the goodies I've opened recently:

And then these two autographs. Please notice the Kirkman "variant" auto! He drew an eyepatch on himself! I'm going to get crypto to send me a letter to "authenticate" this, hopefully they'll respond!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Btw, I have a ton of parallels guys. Email me: cujobyte29@aol.com I'll do some trading!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,
The R26 - R61 redemption cards are for the covers of the Mini-Book chase set. . . so if you laid one of those cards down flat, you would get one of the color plates used for the exterior of the card!
Sorry for the confusion, but I hope you enjoy!

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Miranda! I mailed off my redemption card today. Smile Thumb Up Wavey