Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lost: Season One (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost: Season One (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I finally finished breaking my case, wish I had gotten 2. I will post the breakdown tonight when I get off work (shhh don't tell my boss I'm perusing Card Talk at work), but I must say what an awesome card set! I love it!

Didn't get a Kate Frown which I really wanted, but did get a Sawyer, Shannon, and Shannon autod PW. Bouncey

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Jessica. Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Stupid question time. OK, I purchased my first redemption card (Kate) ever and was wondering when exactly should you mail it in? Should I mail it in ASAP or will Inkworks make an announcement of when the actual stack of auto's by Kate are in-hand at their office and I would mail it then? Please advise.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Stupid question time. OK, I purchased my first redemption card (Kate) ever and was wondering when exactly should you mail it in? Should I mail it in ASAP or will Inkworks make an announcement of when the actual stack of auto's by Kate are in-hand at their office and I would mail it then? Please advise.
Cheers - Peter

Mail it in immediately. They will redeem them in the order they are received. I believe Andy Modlin at INKWORKS has stated that they sometimes get these back in different stages, so the sooner you send it in the sooner you'll get it back Clap

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

Mail it in immediately. They will redeem them in the order they are received. I believe Andy Modlin at INKWORKS has stated that they sometimes get these back in different stages, so the sooner you send it in the sooner you'll get it back Clap

Jane - Thanks for the info. I will post tomorrow - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's my breakdown from my case (I'm just going to list the auto/pw because I'm lazy) Smile

Box 1
A5 - Mira Fulan as the French Lady
PW6 - Locke

Box 2
A7 - John Terry as Dr. Shephard
PW12 - Dual Michal and Walt - Nice mostly white variation with a black strip and a little yellow

Box 3
A12 - Swoosie (cool name) Kurtz as Emily Locke
PW2 - Sawyer (nice pic used)

Box 4
Ar1 for Maggie Grace as Shannon Bouncey
APR1 for Maggie Grace as Shannon Elephant Bouncey Luv You
PW8 - Hurley Luv You luv me some Hurley!

Box 5
AR1 for Josh Holloway as Sawyer Elephant
PW1 - Kate first one I've seen that is all white too (of course I'm going to have to get the other "variation" with the stripe on it)

Box 6
A6 - William Mapother as Ethan Rom Big Grin
PW4 - Jack

Box 7
A4 - Malcolm Kelley as Walt Clap
PW11 - Claire Elephant

Box 8
A11 - Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper (Locke's dad right?)
PW9 - Jin

Box 9
A10 - Fredric Lane as the Marshal
PW10 - Sun, nice multipatterned variant

Box 10
A8 - Nick Jameson as Richard Malkin (who was this guy? The palm reader?)
PW5 - Charlie, all dark variant (I think)

3 full sets of boxloaders
almost 3 full sets of numbers
almost 3 full sets of the puzzle

What a great set! Love it! Great job Inkworks!! Clap

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
After reading your breakdown it is understandable why all Elephant & Clap & Bouncey

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

FYI - The Evangeline Lilly (Kate) autographs are in-house and ready for immediate redemption. If you've already sent in you redemption card, your autographed card will be in your hands shortly.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
FYI - The Evangeline Lilly (Kate) autographs are in-house and ready for immediate redemption. If you've already sent in you redemption card, your autographed card will be in your hands shortly.

Awesome! And you'd previously mentioned that Josh's autos are in hand as well Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Bought a case, broke a case. Here it is

ONE set of box toppers - 5 BL1, 4 BL2, 1 BL1

3 sets of 9 card foil puzzles with even distribution - 3,4, or 5 copies of each card

NO sets of Number cards. Due to extremely high amount of damages - foil peeling on bottom and severe scratching, I was only able to keep 8 out of 23 cards - all the rest will be on their way to NC shortly

PW - 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
Autos - 4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12
Redemptions - Sawyer auto, Kate Auto, Kate Auto'd PW

I have to ask why I always seem to have the bad cases when everyone else is singing wine and roses. Truly, the card collecting gods must hate me. Truly, I must stop buying cases...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
OWM...

I would love to have pulled the Kate Auto'd PW!

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got my 2 boxes planning to get another 2. Here's what I got.

Sawyer Auto Redepmtion.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
My enthusiasm was greatly tempered by the amount of damaged cards and disproportionate amount of chase cards. And, within a case, one was expected to pull either the Kate pair or the Shannon pair, and a random Sawyer, so nothing 'exciting' happened there. I usually walk into as buying situation prepared for anything, but lately my experiences have been less than pleasant.

Then again, perhaps I'm just grumpy because of the snow.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
NO sets of Number cards. Due to extremely high amount of damages - foil peeling on bottom and severe scratching, I was only able to keep 8 out of 23 cards - all the rest will be on their way to NC shortly

I personally have seen 5 cases opened and spoken to others who opened cases. Everyone had scratches on their Numbers cards. In fact some of mine had creases in them.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
quote:

I personally have seen 5 cases opened and spoken to others who opened cases. Everyone had scratches on their Numbers cards. In fact some of mine had creases in them.

Strange, all 10 of my numbers cards are flawless, no scratches or creases. Perhaps the scratching only happened to a portion of the print run and a certain number of cases will have a significant number of damaged cards while other cases will have few or none.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Updating the breakdown totals.

Pieceworks:

PW1- 18
PW2- 7
PW3- 12
PW4- 18
PW5- 19
PW6- 19
PW7- 15
PW8- 16
PW9- 18
PW10-19
PW11-17
PW12-19

Autographs-

A1- 12
A2- 20
A3- 13
A4- 15
A5- 20
A6- 16
A7- 16
A8- 19
A9- 18
A10-14
A11-12
A12-17

Autographed Pieceworks:

APW1- 5
APW2- 7
APW3- 4

That accounts for 197 boxes so the comparative scarcity (or non-scarcity) of certain cards is starting to take shape. Just shy of 20 cases and 16 auto'd pieceworks pulled which comes pretty clost to averaging 4 APW's for every 5 cases.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to ask why I always seem to have the bad cases when everyone else is singing wine and roses. Truly, the card collecting gods must hate me. Truly, I must stop buying cases...

Confused I'm puzzled about your disappointment with your case of LOST: Season One. I can understand that you weren't happy about damaged cards, but Inkworks gladly replaces any damaged cards, so that is something that can be fixed. I realize that you don't like redemption cards, but all of yours are in-house and will be redeemed as soon as you send them in.

If I'm calculating correctly, here are the expectations based on stated odds and what you got in your case: 10 autographs expected/10 autographs received (no duplication), 10 Pieceworks cards expected/10 Pieceworks cards received (no duplication & including an autographed Pieceworks card that is inserted at fewer than one per case based on results that others have posted), 32 Puzzle cards expected/3 sets received, which is perfect distribution (if you have 4 or 5 copies of some cards, I assume you received at least 32), 10 box loaders expected/10 box loaders received. You didn't mention the case loader, but I assumed that you received one.

It sounds like your box loaders weren't perfectly distributed, but they should be easy enough to trade because they should be all about the same value.

Except for the distribution of the box loaders it sounds like your case came pretty close to breaking as expected.

Am I missing something? If there is a problem that I've missed or you are still unhappy with your purchase, please contact Inkworks Consumer Relations at info@inkworks.com and let us know.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought a case, broke a case. Here it is

ONE set of box toppers - 5 BL1, 4 BL2, 1 BL1

3 sets of 9 card foil puzzles with even distribution - 3,4, or 5 copies of each card

PW - 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
Autos - 4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12
Redemptions - Sawyer auto, Kate Auto, Kate Auto'd PW

OWM-

I will gladly trade you everything you got in your case of Lost for everything I got in my case of Star Trek Art & Images!

Here is what I got in that case..

1 base set in each box.
No full sets of inserts(1 short for Artifex, 7 for Animated Expanded Universe, 3 for Comics).
6 sketches- did get a Martineck.
24 autos...
A13
A16
A19
A20
A21(x2)
A22(x2)
A23
A24
A25
A26
A28
A29
A31(x2)
A33(x2)
A34
A35
A36
A38
A41
A42

From these autos-
1 very limited- A16 Montalban
5 limiteds- A13 Bobby Clark
A23 William Windom
A26 Michael Ansara
A34 Joanne Linville
A36 Kathryn Hays

No Collins
No Nimoy
No Takei
No Goodwin
No Barrett
No Craig
No Koenig
No Whitney
No Meriwether
No Woodville

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Andy,
I love the product, don't get me wrong Smile else I wouldn't have bought a whole case (or be scouring eBay for the remnants). It just seems that everytime I get excited, things go awry - damaged cards, redemption cards, etc. - it's disappointing, that's all.

Course, you know I passionate I am about cards, so my emotions run that same level of passion - either I'm ecstatic or disappointed - it's the Italian in me Smile there's no middle ground.

As for Roswellian's comments, I don't see their relevance so I can't comment on that.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Clap SmileHello

I've just opened my boxes:

Box 1

Numbers: 4 8
Puzzle: M7 M8 M9
BL1
A11
PW11
+ Sawyer Autograph Pieceworks Redemption Card! Dance Elephant

Box 2

Numbers: 4 8
Puzzle: M4 M5 M6
PW6
A10
NO BOX LOADER!!!! Frown

Box 3

Numbers: 8 15
Puzzle: M2 M3 M4
BL1
PW9
A6

Couldn't believe it when I pulled the Sawyer Auto PW card!

Bit disappointe dtaht the second bos didn't have a box loader card(can I do anything about this?) and pulling three 8s in the Numbers set

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post