Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lost: Season One (Inkworks)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost: Season One (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
There is a comic shop in Essex - called Chuck's Comics on Eastern Blvd. He usually has an open box of cards to sell packs from and he can order most stuff - although I prefer to get my stuff from a trading card dealer because the prices are much better. He also has an enormous amount of action figures! I mean, a LOT! Not sure where Rockville is, probably pretty far from Essex, but it's still not too far from Hunt Valley if you take 695.

Jessica,

If the DC beltway is a TV screen, 95 is the right antennae and 270 is the left one. At the top of 95 is Baltimore (as you know) and at the top of 270 is Frederick. Rockville is about halfway between DC and Frederick on 270.

Now you know Smile

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
quote:
Deena,

Where do you buy your cases/cards in the Rockville area (I am from the 'ville too)?

I order cases from an online distributor, and I find cards at a comic/card shop at Lake Forest Mall & Wheaton Plaza. Are there others locally where you find cards?

Tim

Tim -- hopefully we can trade sometime! I order cases from a really nice guy in New York and then I do Ebay to supplement. I have not had much luck in finding cards locally -- although I have bought a lot of different cards at the Shore Leave and Farpoint conventions in Hunt Valley. I'll have to check out Wheaton Plaza -- didn't know there was a card shop there.

Deena,

I have Trade and Want lists up and current. If you see anything you want, email me with an offer, even if you don't have something on my want list.

The card shop near Wheaton Plaza is not actually in Wheaton Plaza, but across the street. It is called Barbarian Books. What are the two conventions you mentioned? And where is Hunt Valley? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but my familiarity with the area is limited at best Smile

Tim

Tim,

Shore Leave (http://www.shore-leave.com) and FarPoint (http://www.bcpl.net/~wilsonr/farpoint.html) are sci-fi conventions. Farpoint is usually very small (fewer dealers, fewer stars, relaxed atmosphere) and Shore Leave is pretty big (lots of dealers, several stars, hectic atmosphere). Both are in Hunt Valley which is outside of Towson -- actually near the York, PA border. It is about 1 hour or so from Rockville.

I have heard of Barbarian Books. I'll have to check them out.

Once I get my cards more organized (which I hope will be early in the new year), I'll check out your wants/trade list and hopefully post one of my own.

Deena

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
There is a comic shop in Essex - called Chuck's Comics on Eastern Blvd. He usually has an open box of cards to sell packs from and he can order most stuff - although I prefer to get my stuff from a trading card dealer because the prices are much better. He also has an enormous amount of action figures! I mean, a LOT! Not sure where Rockville is, probably pretty far from Essex, but it's still not too far from Hunt Valley if you take 695.

Jessica -- thanks for the information. I'll have to check him out when I go to FarPoint in February.

Just to add a bit more to what Tim said -- Rockville is fairly close to the DC border. I work in Bethesda which is 8 miles away from my home in Rockville. If I went a few miles farther, I'd be in DC.

Deena

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Deena,

Where do you buy your cases/cards in the Rockville area (I am from the 'ville too)?

I order cases from an online distributor, and I find cards at a comic/card shop at Lake Forest Mall & Wheaton Plaza. Are there others locally where you find cards?

Tim

Tim -- hopefully we can trade sometime! I order cases from a really nice guy in New York and then I do Ebay to supplement. I have not had much luck in finding cards locally -- although I have bought a lot of different cards at the Shore Leave and Farpoint conventions in Hunt Valley. I'll have to check out Wheaton Plaza -- didn't know there was a card shop there.

Deena,

I have Trade and Want lists up and current. If you see anything you want, email me with an offer, even if you don't have something on my want list.

The card shop near Wheaton Plaza is not actually in Wheaton Plaza, but across the street. It is called Barbarian Books. What are the two conventions you mentioned? And where is Hunt Valley? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but my familiarity with the area is limited at best Smile

Tim

Tim,

Shore Leave (http://www.shore-leave.com) and FarPoint (http://www.bcpl.net/~wilsonr/farpoint.html) are sci-fi conventions. Farpoint is usually very small (fewer dealers, fewer stars, relaxed atmosphere) and Shore Leave is pretty big (lots of dealers, several stars, hectic atmosphere). Both are in Hunt Valley which is outside of Towson -- actually near the York, PA border. It is about 1 hour or so from Rockville.

I have heard of Barbarian Books. I'll have to check them out.

Once I get my cards more organized (which I hope will be early in the new year), I'll check out your wants/trade list and hopefully post one of my own.

Deena

Thanks for the links to the cons Deena. I may try to go to one or both - I have a 2-year-old son, so it is difficult, but he is already a Sci-Fi fan - his favorite things are Star Wars and Serenity Smile

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the links to the cons Deena. I may try to go to one or both - I have a 2-year-old son, so it is difficult, but he is already a Sci-Fi fan - his favorite things are Star Wars and Serenity Smile

Sounds like you are raising him right, Tim, and that he's a very intelligent boy! If you do go, hopefully we'll get a chance to see each other.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Joanna asked me to post. Her computer is giving her troubles. In regard to what she posted above (way back on page 5), she has received back replacements for all of her damaged cards, as well as her redemption cards and is very pleased and wanted to thank Inkworks for their courtesy and service in resolving this problem.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mars53
posted Hide Post
Both of those con's are VERY Fan friendly. I've been setting up for a few years now and enjoy both of them. Hope to see and meet you their.mars53@aol.com

Posts: 535 | Location: Harrisonburg | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
4 boxes were opened in my shop today.
This is the general tally.

Box numbers unknown

13 puzzle pieces (1 set was made)

9 numbers cards (1 set was made)

4 box toppers (1 set was made)

autos
a4 Walt
a5 rousseau
a6 ethan rom
a7 dr. shepard

pieceworks
pw1 kate (white)
pw1 kate (90% white with 10% blue stripe)
pw3 shannon
pw12 duel michael and walt

I should note this is the second PW12 that came from this case. A shannon auto redemption was pulled too.
There are still 2 boxes in the shop and
Another box that I opened to make sets for the shop yeilded
PW9 and Auto A11.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Time to update the running total. Up to 268 boxes accounted for in this thread.

PW1- 26
PW2- 9
PW3- 17
PW4- 23
PW5- 25
PW6- 28
PW7- 21
PW8- 20
PW9- 27
PW10-22
PW11-23
PW12-27

Autographs-

A1- 15
A2- 25
A3- 16
A4- 21
A5- 31
A6- 23
A7- 22
A8- 27
A9- 22
A10-19
A11-17
A12-25

Autographed Pieceworks:

APW1- 5
APW2- 9
APW3- 7

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Opened my case a while ago amd forgot to post Red Face
Easiest to list what was missing Big Grin

A-3
A-4
A-11

APW-1
APW-3

PW-3
PW-10

I got an extra A-7

I've filled the gaps for the autos, but if anyone wants to trade for a missing PW, please fill free to email Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

PW1- 26
PW2- 9
PW3- 17
PW4- 23
PW5- 25
PW6- 28
PW7- 21
PW8- 20
PW9- 27
PW10-22
PW11-23
PW12-27

Autographs-

A1- 15
A2- 25
A3- 16
A4- 21
A5- 31
A6- 23
A7- 22
A8- 27
A9- 22
A10-19
A11-17
A12-25

Autographed Pieceworks:

APW1- 5
APW2- 9
APW3- 7

OK, I find if baffling that the PW2 isn't going higher on ebay. I guess everyone is after the autographed version....

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:

PW1- 26
PW2- 9
PW3- 17
PW4- 23
PW5- 25
PW6- 28
PW7- 21
PW8- 20
PW9- 27
PW10-22
PW11-23
PW12-27

Autographs-

A1- 15
A2- 25
A3- 16
A4- 21
A5- 31
A6- 23
A7- 22
A8- 27
A9- 22
A10-19
A11-17
A12-25

Autographed Pieceworks:

APW1- 5
APW2- 9
APW3- 7

OK, I find if baffling that the PW2 isn't going higher on ebay. I guess everyone is after the autographed version....

Jane... same here. I have one I am holding to put up on that aucion site, hoping the prices come up a bit.

alternate email:

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:

PW1- 26
PW2- 9
PW3- 17
PW4- 23
PW5- 25
PW6- 28
PW7- 21
PW8- 20
PW9- 27
PW10-22
PW11-23
PW12-27

Autographs-

A1- 15
A2- 25
A3- 16
A4- 21
A5- 31
A6- 23
A7- 22
A8- 27
A9- 22
A10-19
A11-17
A12-25

Autographed Pieceworks:

APW1- 5
APW2- 9
APW3- 7

Jane... same here. I have one I am holding to put up on that aucion site, hoping the prices come up a bit.

The numbers seem to be reflected on ebay too, there are 6 PW-2's (2 auction, 4 in ebay stores) and 5 Auto'd pieceworks (2 auction, 3 in stores)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know Inkworks do not like to give out numbers for autograoh cards but I wonder if they could give us an insight on the scarcity of the PW2 card.

Was there a problem cutting up the garment or is the scarcity just a fluke and there are a lot of unopened boxes with PW2's in them?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Opened box 2 of 2 this morning for Christmas. I got-

BL-1
A5- Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau (AGAIN!)
PW11- Emilie De Ravin as Claire Littleton (YAY!)
Numbers- N8, N15
Missing- M1, M2, M3, M4.

Overall I'm pleased with this box, despite pulling a duplicate autograph! Smile

From 2 boxes, both from the same dealer from the same case, I pulled-

BL-1, BL-3
A5- Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau (x2)
PW9- Daniel Dae Kim as Jin-Soo Kwon
PW11- Emilie De Ravin as Claire Littleton
Numbers- N4, N8, N15, N23, N42
Missing- M1 (x2), M2 (x2), M3, M4, M8, M9.

Very pleased. Cheers Inkworks, and Merry Christmas! Wink

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, my girlfriend opened the box of Lost I got her this morning and she was quite pleased!

Missing #'s M3, M4, M5

Numbers 8 and 15

Pieceworks PW3 Maggie Grace as Shannon (gauzy pink fabric)

and the autograph...

AR1 Evangeline Lilly as Kate auto redemption card!!! Clap

She was thrilled to get that auto. I am glad the box I got her was a good one since she rarely buys any cards for herself. Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your GF got a great box from you JL Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had 3 boxes for Christmas

Box 1
Box loader - BL1
Numbers cards - none
Missing - 6,7,8,9
Pieceworks - PW6 Big Grin (didn't have it)
Auto Redemption - Sawyer

Box 2
Box loader - BL3
Numbers - 4,23
Missing - 1,2,3
Auto - A7 John Terry
Pieceworks - PW7 Sayid's shirt

Box 3
Box loader - BL1
Numbers - 4,42
Missing - 1,2,9
Pieceworks - PW2
Auto - A4 Walt Lloyd

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Sounds like your GF got a great box from you JL Thumb Up

Hi Bernie, hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a happy, healthy 2006.

It's funny, but my gf has fantastic luck with boxes she buys or receives as gifts. She rarely buys boxes, but recently she bought one box of Batman Begins and pulled the Gary Oldman auto. She also bought one box of Dead Zone and pulled the Anthony Michael Hall auto. Cool

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:
Had 3 boxes for Christmas

Box 1
Box loader - BL1
Numbers cards - none
Missing - 6,7,8,9
Pieceworks - PW6 Big Grin (didn't have it)
Auto Redemption - Sawyer

Box 2
Box loader - BL3
Numbers - 4,23
Missing - 1,2,3
Auto - A7 John Terry
Pieceworks - PW7 Sayid's shirt

Box 3
Box loader - BL1
Numbers - 4,42
Missing - 1,2,9
Pieceworks - PW2
Auto - A4 Walt Lloyd

That's funny, I got exactly the same thing in one of my boxes as you did in your box 3 Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post