Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Twilight New Moon Series 2 (NECA)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight New Moon Series 2 (NECA)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Broke a box when they arrived as several customers wanted to know what to expect.

Boxes are 24 packs of 6 cards, just like the first set.

The first 72 cards are ©2009 while the cards 73 to 84 are ©2010.

There is no new checklist, just the old #72 card Shake Head

The DID fix card #54, it has the correct text and pictures now. Thumb Up

All the chase are exactly the same. Would it have hurt to do them in holofoil or something? Shake Head

My box breakdown:

No base set, missing 2 of the 'old' cards so I imagine I can make that right.
New Moon Puzzle: T5, T6, T7
Volturi Coven: VO4, VO5, VO6
Wolf Pack Puzzle: WP4, WP5
Seeing Alice: SE3
Autograph Card: Peter Facinelli

I cannot say if there is any other autographs, as I got the one I've already seen. It is a new card from the ones available on the Amazon.com Twilight set offer, so that's something.

They could have done so much with this "update" set, but they gave it the least amount of attention possible.

On the plus side, boxes are not terribly expensive.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did the box give any indication of the insertion rate for the autos?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The front says "randomly inserted autographs"

On the back, with the odds for chase cards it lists autographs at 1 in 24 packs. But there is the standard boilerplate wording that nothing is guaranteed.

Unlike Inkworks, there are no per box guarantees.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the breakdown! I will post mine once I get my one box. I really wish someone other than NECA would have got this license. I can't believe you didn't get a base set in the box.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Okay, got my box. I managed to get a full base set, the stated number of chase cards and Ashley Greene's auto. I really wanted her auto too.

I little surprised the auto cards say nothing on the back, not even the name of the actor who signed the card or anything stating its authenticity, but I still like it. Ashley's auto card is the same one sold on Amazon with that jewelry set, but Peter's is different than the one that was sold with the Twilight base set of cards on Amazon.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
opened 3 boxes (thanks Ed!) and made 4 sets of the update cards, all the usual foil inserts (no reckless card though) that actually made a full set of foils plus a couple extras. Pulled

2 Peter Facinelli autos & 1 Ashley Greene auto!

My wife broke down and bought some of these at Target before the boxes showed up (she failed her will save). a 36 pack gravity feed box seems to yield 2 autos just fyi. And yes, the Target exclusive "Goodbye" card is in the update set too. Has anyone found Hot Topics with the update cards? Or the older packs being cleared out or anything?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Opened one box:

-New Moon Puzzle: T-2, T-3, T-4, T-5
-Wolfpack Puzzle: WP-3, WP-4
-Volturi Coven: VO-1, VO-2
-Seeing Alice: SE-2, SE-3
-Autograph: Peter Facinelli (Carlisle)
and one complete base set

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the last box at my local shop.

1 full base set - including updated #54 and new cards
1 additional updated #54 and 6 new cards
2 - CL1 Reckless
Seeing Alice SE-3
Volturi Coven - VO1, VO6
Wolfpack - WP3, WP4
New Moon Puzzle - T1, T2, T8
Ashley Greene auto

I had already bought my wife the jewelry set and had the Ashley Greene auto. The 2 Reckless cards were a nice surprise. All in all very happy this this box.

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Released in 2010. This set "updates" the original NECA release by adding 12 base cards (# 73-84) and correcting two original cards (#52 and #54). The card front and back were both corrected with the correct title for #54. The original card-back text for #52 (the same as that shown in the Photocards release) was replaced by the original card-back text from #54. Boxes are 24 packs of 6 cards. Expect 1.61 base sets of 84 if collation were perfect.

BOX 1

Base cards (84): 1 complete set, 47 doubles, 2 threes
Puzzle cards (9, 1:7 packs): T-4 T-5 T-6
Wolfpack cards (6, 1:11 packs): WP-5
Volturi Coven cards (6, 1:11 packs): VO-3 VO-4 VO-6
Seeing Alice Cards (3, 1:23 packs): SE-2
Autograph Card (1, 1:24 packs): Carlisle Cullen
Reckless Card (1, 1:104 packs): none

BOX 2

Base cards (84): 1 complete set, 50 extras
Puzzle cards (9, 1:7 packs): T-4 T-5 T-6 T-7
Wolfpack cards (6, 1:11 packs): WP-2 WP-3
Volturi Coven cards (6, 1:11 packs): VO-4 VO-5
Seeing Alice Cards (3, 1:23 packs): SE-3
Autograph Card (1, 1:24 packs): Carlisle Cullen
Reckless Card (1, 1:104 packs): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post