Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Memories (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Memories (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
cheers aj

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Nice going charmedmad, b31 'captive' is a nice card! So you got the black plate?

Do you now also want the C, M, and Y version of it Big Grin

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thank you yep the black plate no we just doing one inkplate thats anoth for us

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Got my 1/2 case, here's the results:

Box 1:
BL-2
R3, R4, R5
AP3, AP4
PW-1(Buffy's pants) PW-14(Shadow Man's tunic)

Box 2:
BL-3
R8, R9, R1
AP6, AP1
PW-5(Giles's shirt) PW-16(Andrew's jacket)

Box 3:
BL-3
R6, R7, R8, R9
AP1, AP2
PW-9(Prin. Wood's pants) PW-13(Vi's t-shirt)

Box 4:
BL-2
R4, R5, R6
AP3, AP4
PW-4(Anya's slip & dress) PW-12(Molly's pj's)

Box 5:
BL-1
R2, R3, R4, R5
AP4, AP5
PW-10(Xander's jeans) PW-11(Kennedy's pj's)

Overall, I'm very happy - I got my mini-master set, and 10 PW's with no dupes. I'll get my trade list up to date as soon as possible.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
well done angelchick

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
I bought one box. Here's the breakdown:

BL-2
R4, R5, R6
AP4, AP5
PW-7 Willow Thumb Up
PW-15 Rona

I really wanted the Willow, so I was happy with my box.

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i opened a box of thesetoday, i got xanders jeans. i got a question though was i supposed to get 2 pieceworks cards right? also all of the cards in the box were damaged on the lower right corner, im really upset with the quality of this box. i bought it factory sealed from dave and adams in ny, i have never gotten damaged cards from them before, and its not like the box was damaged, just the cards inside.

Posts: 20 | Location: toronto canada | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffylover:
i opened a box of thesetoday, i got xanders jeans. i got a question though was i supposed to get 2 pieceworks cards right? also all of the cards in the box were damaged on the lower right corner, im really upset with the quality of this box. i bought it factory sealed from dave and adams in ny, i have never gotten damaged cards from them before, and its not like the box was damaged, just the cards inside.

Send an email to Inkworks... be nice (I am sure you will be) and I bet that Sue will take great care of you.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send an email to Inkworks... be nice (I am sure you will be) and I bet that Sue will take great care of you.[/QUOTE]

do you have the e-mail addy?

Posts: 20 | Location: toronto canada | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffylover:
Send an email to Inkworks... be nice (I am sure you will be) and I bet that Sue will take great care of you.

do you have the e-mail addy?[/QUOTE]

Info@inkworks.com... and you can be pretty safe in using the salutation "Dear Sue"

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
I was a bit worried when I saw that Inkworks were pushing out another Buffy set – two or more years have passed since the final battle, surely there’s nothing that hadn’t already been done on the previous 10 or so sets!! However, having now seen the cards, I think that Inkworks have excelled themselves again. Whilst the base cards are the simple, basic card format (i.e. not foiled or embossed) the images are really nice and crisp. Print quality, as always, is spot on and they look really nice paged up.

I’ve opened 2 boxes and I am really pleased with my lot!!

Box 1
2 base sets
3 Reinforcement Foils
2 Apocalypse Foils
Box Loader
PW5 – Giles’ shirt
PW12 – Molly’s Pyjama Bottoms (nice and stripey!!)

Box 2
2 base sets
3 Reinforcement Foils
2 Apocalypse Foils
Box Loader
PW8 – Tara’s sweater
PW13 – Vi’s T-shirt (again, nice and stripey!!)

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just got one box, and am pretty happy with the results!

BL2
R1,8,9
A1,2
PW7 Willow Red Top
PW16 Andrew Jacket (Regular)

Overall, the pieceworks were the two that I wanted. I was a little skeptical about this set, but I was wrong- It was really well done!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
nice finds all

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just received and opened my box today, and got the following:

2 complete base sets, plus assorted extras
Boxtopper BL2
Apcalypses AP4, AP5
Reinforcements R1, R7, R9
Pieceworks PW2 (Buffy sweater/camisole dual) Big Grin and PW10 (Xander jeans)

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good box. Especially the dual Pieceworks card.

Gotta get some more....

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
GOOD FINDS

Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
It's really nice to see that people who may have been skeptical (with valid reason) about this set have been pleasantly surprised and are really happy they bought it. I'm really glad that everyone is happy with what they've pulled, good on you all, and kudos to Inkworks yet again! Smile

Olly

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well i finished open my case and Finally will finish posting my breakdown. i ended up with:

inkplates card cyan #1 Elephant Elephant

bl1-3
bl2-4
bl3-3

ap1-4
ap2-4
ap3-3
ap4-3
ap5-4
ap6-4

r1-4
r2-4
r3-3
r4-3
r5-3
r6-4
r7-4
r8-4
r9-4

pw1-1
pw2-1
pw3-0 Frown
pw4-1
pw5-2
pw6-2
pw7-2
pw8-0 Frown
pw9-1
pw10-2
pw11-1
pw12-2
pw13-1
pw14-2
pw15-1
pw16-1

no pw redemption

a bazillion base sets

overally pretty happy gorgeous cards and i love i got the inkplate for card no one but i was a bit bummed not to get either pw3 or the stripy redemption for andrew!

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
nice colletion there well pulled

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Opened a second box yesterday, and got the following:

Boxtopper - BL3
Apocalypes - AP1, AP2
Pieceworks - PW9, PW16
Reinforcements - R4, R5, R6, R7

Haven't sorted the base cards out yet, but if they keep true to form as noted on this thread, I should get two base sets plus some duplicates.

Thought it was kinda nice to get slightly better than expected results on the Reinforcements cards--expected to get 3, but got 4. Of course, one is a duplicate from my first box, but now I have one for trading. Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post