Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

Yeah I hear ya. I was not too pleased with case No. 1, out of the 14 sketches I do like the Vecchia-Gollum, Budd-Nazgul, Teranishi-Gollum, Gutierrez-Grima or Denethor? and the Pronovost-Gimli.

Case 2 wasn't looking that great either as my second box contained no sketch cards and my last 2 boxes yielded the Staggs Arwen or Eowyn(?) and the Color Zapata sketch. Much relief with those 2 cards Big Grin

Not too pleased with the case collation thus far seeing my first case versus Ztaylors awesome Parsons/Kayanan case.

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

Yeah I hear ya. I was not too pleased with case No. 1, out of the 14 sketches I do like the Vecchia-Gollum, Budd-Nazgul, Teranishi-Gollum, Gutierrez-Grima or Denethor? and the Pronovost-Gimli.

Case 2 wasn't looking that great either as my second box contained no sketch cards and my last 2 boxes yielded the Staggs Arwen(?) and the Color Zapata sketch. Much relief with those 2 cards Big Grin

Not too pleased with the case collation thus far seeing my first case versus Ztaylors awesome Parsons/Kayanan case.

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!
He is my favorite character - I'd be thrilled to pull even one of those - !

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
Cracked my first and probably only box, but as a generally unlucky opener I did very well.

4 Stained Glass (as stated)
6 Evolution A (2 more than stated)
2 Evolution B (as stated)
2 Sketches - Yaay me!! (not trying to gloat, but like I said, I'm not a lucky opener). And the best part is that one is good and one is real good. I believe the McCrea is Aragorn? And the Cat Staggs is verrry nice.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:
Cracked my first and probably only box, but as a generally unlucky opener I did very well.

Very well indeed! I would have been dancing after that box! Yes, it does look like an Aragorn. And that Eowyn is GORGEOUS! Two excellent sketches!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!

Chris - As soon as I pulled the Dead King card I remembered back from an earlier post that if you could have 2 cards this would be one of them. I feel very fortunate, as its my first color card and a very good one at that.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of our wishes came true lastnight when my 8 year old pulled this very nice sketch of Gollum by Allison Sohn Clap

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!

Chris - As soon as I pulled the Dead King card I remembered back from an earlier post that if you could have 2 cards this would be one of them. I feel very fortunate, as its my first color card and a very good one at that.
Cheers - Peter

TOO TRUE Smile
Glad it went to a good home -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you all know by now I have a problem with self control when it comes to this. I just cracked another case, I really liked both Dillon sketches (even though the wraith is not signed Frown

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened one more box before my wife had to go to work Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Nice, very nice! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Opened one more box before my wife had to go to work Smile

Dang dude,how many Kayanan's do you have now Eek

Great sketch btw Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Awesome Kayanan Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I'm REALLY REALLY jealous of that Rohan warrior card... I'd even seriously consider trading my Legolas for that one... Great pulls!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished the case, not a bad finish, but when you start with a Kayanan its hard to top it, the second staggs Eowyn is really nice though (as is pulling any staggs) and I really like the Chandler witch king.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:

4 Stained Glass (as stated)
6 Evolution A (2 more than stated)
2 Evolution B (as stated)
2 Sketches - Yaay me!! (not trying to gloat, but like I said, I'm not a lucky opener). And the best part is that one is good and one is real good. I believe the McCrea is Aragorn? And the Cat Staggs is verrry nice.

I really like your moody Aragorn! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Got two more boxes in today - three sketches - one Fabbri, very simple soldier, one Jeff Chandler (very nice comic Gandalf - just not my personal taste) and one glorious Orc licking the blood from his sword by Norton - very cool Smile I like that one.

All three were new artists for me, so I guess that's good too.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I gotta admit, this stuff is fun to crack open and reasonably priced, even now.
Boxes are starting to go up so I snagged 3 more before they get too pricey. Now the waiting game begins.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and my son pulled this near full color Balrog by Rich Molinelli lastnight Clap

Not a Kayanan but just as good Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aelfwine,

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the picture. I'm trying my best without a scanner Wink

posted Hide Post
Opened another case, still have one coming as well, hoping it will get here on monday

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post