Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
Third pack in my first box - BOO YEAH!

Do I keep going or retire now? LOL.

niiiice one Chris Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
Sorry to all of you that are raving about these sketches, They are not very good ! Perhaps this is why people are getting BORED, if this is the new benchmark of Quality !!!

That's interesting that you say this. What is the new benchmark of Quality Sketch Cards? Who set the standard before? Is Topps advertising this way?

The Cat is Wise with his Hat, do tell?

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlpn1fan:
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
Sorry to all of you that are raving about these sketches, They are not very good ! Perhaps this is why people are getting BORED, if this is the new benchmark of Quality !!!

That's interesting that you say this. What is the new benchmark of Quality Sketch Cards? Who set the standard before? Is Topps advertising this way?

The Cat is Wise with his Hat, do tell?

lol, ive had quite a bit of words with certain people over topps sketchs these last few weeks as some of you might have read. Im not a big topps fan in general, and all their Star wars sets are a big reason, mostly due to sketchs. I was prepared to see nothing but the same, uh, "quality" in this series as in the star wars ones (on the whole). But, i think your wrong on this one. MOST of these sketches, are very VERY good. EVEN the lesser artists, who did up-teen-MILLION sketchs, all gave some effort to each one. Ive yet to see 3 slashes and an oval as a sketch (or as i like to call it, "IMPERAL GUARD") that you saw in a LOT of the sith and heritage boxes. Give this product a chance. most boxes have 2 sketchs. you could buy boxes delivered for around 42 dollars, and the cards arent messed up in the packs, and the inserts are worth collecting (i.e. they look cool). this is a VERY good product. Topps has done a lot to redeem itself from the last few years...sadly, all their quality seems to come from LOTR, but at least, they have always been on point with this product line.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
Opened one case and got the following:

3 sets stained glass
2 sets Evolution A
1 set Evolution B
And the following sketches:
John McCrea - WitchKing (?)
Brian Rood - Legolas
Dan Parsons - Gollum
Ray Dillon - Gandalf
James Hodgkins - color Arwen
Joe Corroney - Legolas
Davide Fabbri - Elendil
Tom Hodges - ??
Otis Frampton - Ringwraith
Gran Gould - Pippin
Randy Martinez - Balrog
Amy Pronovost - Gimli
Paul Gutierrez - Haradrim
O'Neill - WitchKing

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leia214:

3 sets stained glass
2 sets Evolution A
1 set Evolution B
Brian Rood - Legolas
Dan Parsons - Gollum
Ray Dillon - Gandalf
Joe Corroney - Legolas
Davide Fabbri - Elendil
Tom Hodges - ??
Grant Gould - Pippin
Randy Martinez - Balrog
Amy Pronovost - Gimli
O'Neill - WitchKing

I bet the GG is super -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leia214:

3 sets stained glass
2 sets Evolution A
1 set Evolution B
Brian Rood - Legolas
Dan Parsons - Gollum
Ray Dillon - Gandalf
Joe Corroney - Legolas
Davide Fabbri - Elendil
Tom Hodges - ??
Gran Gould - Pippin
Randy Martinez - Balrog
Amy Pronovost - Gimli
O'Neill - WitchKing

You got one of the Tom Hodges Rock sketches didn't you!? It is supposed to resemble an Orc. It was my first pull.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Once I get my scanner up and running I have sketches to post in red sonya too.

1 Box opened 2 sketches
Dalla Vecchia Pencil Orc soldier
Dan Norton Moria Orc

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to my sketch cards I pulled in my box. One I like, one is perhaps the ugliest sketch ever....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/catcardlady/nons...ds/LOTR/RSCN1566.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/catcardlady/nons...ds/LOTR/RSCN1568.jpg

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:

You got one of the Tom Hodges Rock sketches didn't you!? It is supposed to resemble an Orc. It was my first pull.

Actually - not the Orc/rock one - it IS a person but I am not sure who! Smile I think it may be Grima. I need to scan it to see what everyone thinks. It is not on lotrsketchcards.com

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

I bet the GG is super -

The GG is not my favorite . . . it may go in my trade list!

By far, my Brian Rood Legolas is the favorite that I pulled.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jane:
Here's a link to my sketch cards I pulled in my box. One I like, one is perhaps the ugliest sketch ever....

Yep, there is usually one or two that sticks out in this catergory, and that is one Shake Head

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlpn1fan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jane:

Yep, there is usually one or two that sticks out in this catergory, and that is one Shake Head

I would just like to brag that even on eBay I haven't seen a Hodges Orc with as little detail as mine! Thumb Up

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
Too funny Dobby! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Those Orc/Rock sketches are actually Paul Gutierrez.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
Those Orc/Rock sketches are actually Paul Gutierrez.

The one Dobby has is a Hodges... we doublechecked with a larger scan... Gutinerrez signs "Gutz 05" and Hodges signs "Tom O5"

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 more box

Davide Fabbri (1:32)

Dan Parsons (1:70)

4 Stained Glass cards
6 level A Evolution card
2 Level B Evolution cards

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
The one Dobby has is a Hodges... we doublechecked with a larger scan... Gutinerrez signs "Gutz 05" and Hodges signs "Tom O5"

Oops. Didn't look too closely at it. I have one by Gutierrez which is almost identical.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone has an extra Pippin stained glass card, and would like to send me an early birthday presentWink I'd be oh so happy! I don't collect many things, but those stained glass cards are fantastic!

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok I got 111 Sketchs out of 8 Cases. Here is what I got.

Ryan Benjamin - 1

Joseph Booth - 5

Jeff Chandler - 3

Joe Corroney - 2

Cynthia Cummens - 1

Renae De Liz - 1

Dave Dorman - 1

Michael Duron - 1

Jan Duursema - 2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBlueofnyc,

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Part II

Scott Erwert - 1

Davide Fabbri - 5

Otis Frampton - 8

Grant Gould - 1

Paul Gutierrez - 4

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post