Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Jimmy Jazz and David963

Yes it made my evening actually. Was quite thrilled, stared at it for quite some time, not sure what the black blotch behind his head was for. Any ideas?
Thanks David, Congrats are in order. Yippee!
Peter

I can't tell about the blotch or the purple color background.

You may have to watch all three films to catch a glimpse of what he was portraying.

I know some of my cards match a movie scene to a "T".

Actually I think this particular Kayanan I pulled could have been an unfinished piece. I am sure at one point he had good intentions to provide some sort of a background to complete the sketch, but because of unknown reasons wasn't able to complete it. Or, maybe this is the way he intended the card to look, who knows really. Does Mr Kayanan frequent these boards??? Regardless of what the truth is I think his rendition of Gandalf is awesome.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He does visit Scoundrel artists board. You would have to do a google search and register to ask him.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is some sketches I got out of 5 boxes (3 last night and 2 tonight) Its really starting to get ridiculous Wink

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KAYANAN !!!!!!

I love seeing new Kayanan's not listed on the lotrsketchcards website.

Congrats.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He does visit Scoundrel artists board. You would have to do a google search and register to ask him.

slackjaw - More specifically here is a link -

http://www.scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/viewtopic.php?t=391&start=105

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
I've had a box on order for over four weeks now and have been waiting daily for it to arrive. I received an email this weekend saying the online seller can't honor it at that price now Frown Roll Eyes

I think that's a pretty rotten seller. I wouldn't be happy at all. Mad

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
First time posting images, Lets hope this works. Cards from 4 loose boxes.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
First time posting images, Lets hope this works. Cards from 4 loose boxes.

Some great cards! Lovely O'Neill, a color AND an ink Gutierrez, a Palantir by Woodside and a Elrond by Duron (think it's Elrond anyway). Also like the Booth & Corroney!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Got myself a couple of cases recently. First one was not too good but second one was a lot better. Here's the cards from the first one anyway.

I really like the dillon and duursema

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Here's the second case.

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Cardster - some great stuff!

First case - LOVE the Boromir by Dillon! Also really like the Gandalf by Durrsenna, the Legolas by McCrea, the Legolas by Mandrake, the Denethor by Frampton & the hobbit by Myler.

Second case - LOVE the Staggs, Sohn, Kayanan & Molinelli sketches! Really like the Frampton too!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jimmy Jazz and David963

Yes it made my evening actually. Was quite thrilled, stared at it for quite some time, not sure what the black blotch behind his head was for. Any ideas?
Thanks David, Congrats are in order. Yippee!
Peter

I can't tell about the blotch or the purple color background.

You may have to watch all three films to catch a glimpse of what he was portraying.

I know some of my cards match a movie scene to a "T".

Actually I think this particular Kayanan I pulled could have been an unfinished piece. I am sure at one point he had good intentions to provide some sort of a background to complete the sketch, but because of unknown reasons wasn't able to complete it. Or, maybe this is the way he intended the card to look, who knows really. Does Mr Kayanan frequent these boards??? Regardless of what the truth is I think his rendition of Gandalf is awesome.

Cheers - Peter

Here is what Rafael had to say about the card and I quote: "That's a darkened entrance, you can see pieces of stone on the edge of the opening. The scan is quite muddy though and makes it look more smudgy than it really is. I placed the portal there so that the white hair of gandalf would be seen better.

Hope that helps. Wish he had a better scan though... I liked that card!"

So, bottom line, your scanner *****. Twak

Posts: 49 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
well it has arrived my last 3 cases. it feels like the end of an era. so here are the final highlights

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Some nice pulls by Cardster, Gimli and Ztaylork (another Kayanan?). Great to see all these recent sketch post. Looks like some cases are still floating out there. How much longer can this last?

Thanks for the info Jimmy Jazz, I'll chaeck out that site pronto.

Ray - Thanks for inquiring with Kayanan about that card. Did you say you "liked the card" or was that part of Kayanans response?

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Hey Cardster you got my first Theoden! I wish I could add some color and a bg to that card! I really liked it!

Rich

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Gimli-

VERY NICEBig Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright I'll join the fun. . .

I finally found a case. . . wasn't exactly in my budget, but bought it anyway. . .

Here are the highlights:

I was a bit disappointed in all honesty (wouldn't have been had I been able to find my case at the price they initially were selling for). . .

Total breakdown including above: 13 sketches

Cynthia Cummens: Legolas
Juan Carlos Ramos: Gandalf w/ Staff
Mary Mitchell: Gandalf w/ pipe + background
McCrea: Orc (Lurtz?)
Norton: Orc
Mandrake: Frodo
Teranishi: Elrond (I think)
Frampton: Nazgul
Dalla Vecchia: Balrog (profile)
Dalla Vecchia: Balrog (3/4 profile)
Gutierrez: Gandalf
Gutierrez: Orc
Martinez: Orc

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
13 is an unlucky number! Quick send one to me! The Cummens would be nice. Big Grin

Just kidding!

Congrats on the great sketches!

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
ztaylork...you have had great luck with pulling Kayanan sketches Eek

gimli...your last lot is awesome Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
Hey Cardster you got my first Theoden! I wish I could add some color and a bg to that card! I really liked it!

Rich

Thanks for the offer Rich. I might just have to take you up on it. I really like that card as well. In fact this case gave me four artists I really wanted i.e. Molinelli, Staggs, Sohn and Kayanan.