Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
And scans from my friends case

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Rammel,

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches both you and your friend pulled Scott Thumb Up

ps:any chance you could make the pics smaller,only three at a time are showing because of the large files.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me and my son pulled this near full color Balrog by Rich Molinelli lastnight

very nice aelfwine Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
OK are you ready for this 5 cases I broke today and I think i did fantastic

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

Case 4

Case 5

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well My parents just cracked a case, and even managed to get a scan of the top 9 to me. No Kayanan, but not a bad case, I am hoping to be able send the Walks to him to have it signed as its a nice looking arwen.

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Fantastic case breaks! If anybody isn't hooked, they are now Big Grin

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Let's try this Big Grin

Oh My! You pulled some FANTASTIC sketches! Love the Mitchell and the Staggs, and the Kayanan and the Molinelli!
Can't tell who did the Eomer sketch in the first one either.
Nice variety there!

I can't see much of anything with the faint Frodo sketch, but that cave troll appears to be a Hernandez (GH).

*sigh* I am SO SO SO sorry... was trying to reply with quote and hit the wrong button *sigh*

I deserve a few of these Twak Twak Twak

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
The warrior sketch is by Dan Parsons. Is that Eomer? I need to watch the movies again to figure out some of the characters. Smile No worries about the post. I am so new to the boards here, that I really wasn't even sure that I was doing the images right. It seems to have worked pretty well though.

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:
The warrior sketch is by Dan Parsons. Is that Eomer?

Sure is - riding into battle (pretty sure it's into the Battle of Pelennor Fields).
quote:
No worries about the post. I am so new to the boards here, that I really wasn't even sure that I was doing the images right. It seems to have worked pretty well though.

Well, actually, they didn't show up, that's why I was (I thought) replying with quote so I could fix the image tags and see the pictures.

Again, sorry sorry sorry!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Darth Smittyous - Sweet case you busted there. You got the coloured Eowyn I sooooooooooooo wanted in my collection. Extremely jealous of that particular Staggs pull. Good job!! And a Kayanan to boot. Seems like eveyone is pulling a Kayanan but me. Frown

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Darth Smittyous - Sweet case you busted there. You got the coloured Eowyn I sooooooooooooo wanted in my collection. Extremely jealous of that particular Staggs pull. Good job!! And a Kayanan to boot. Seems like eveyone is pulling a Kayanan but me. Frown

Not everyone. Shake Head I cracked 1 case and a few loose packs but despite 47 different artists I somehow managed to get 4 duplicate artists (2 Hodges, 2 Teranishi, 2 Norton and 2 Hodgkins).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:

Not everyone. Shake Head I cracked 1 case and a few loose packs but despite 47 different artists I somehow managed to get 4 duplicate artists (2 Hodges, 2 Teranishi, 2 Norton and 2 Hodgkins).

AAAHHHHH.....CANT HEAR THIS NOW, JUST ORDERED MY CASE!!!!!! Boy, that would give you chills. please, none of thoes boxes plz!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my 5 1/2 box break down. Box prices are $45 - $54 around here now. I paid $42 2 weeks ago. I was told from the dealer I bought these from, that Topps is sold out now.

2 of the 5 boxes only had one sketch card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LUZNDAVE,

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
you know, i just realized something. Some artists who will remain nameless, signed their cards in ink when they did them in very loose light quick pencil. THink that was deliberate? like, they knew people would want them to turn magically into blanks?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
you know, i just realized something. Some artists who will remain nameless, signed their cards in ink when they did them in very loose light quick pencil. THink that was deliberate? like, they knew people would want them to turn magically into blanks?

The same certain artist/s who were accused of churning out tons of trash for other releases. I guess they wanted to make sure no one else got to draw on their 1006 poorly sketched cards. I refuse to give any of my money to upgrade to a perfectly capable artist who just didn't try the first time around.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrtats to all the great sketch cards everybody is getting ClapSome real nice pulls!
Me and my son pulled these marvelous Confusedcards last night Frown

We also did not get a sketch card from this box!
Would anybody have any information about them? All the years that we have collected Topps cards, we have never found anything close to this from our packs. I think that they are just blanks without the final front and back, but are they rare? We would like to send them to Topps to see if the could replace them for us as we did not get a single sketch card from this box! This is the second box that we did not get a single sketch card from. Is this happening to anybody? Thanks for any Information Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aelfwine,

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
well another case but not such great sketches this time

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another case, another Kayanan Smile I think this is one of my favorite ones, it is so bright!!! Plus I had one pack in a box that had 16 cards in it (13 of which were level B cards, crazy....13 sketches would have been cooler though)

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Frown M-M-M wants another case!

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post