Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Real nice! Thumb Up Thumb Up

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
I have a question if you could help me. Is there a difference between buying from an online store (like a cardtalk advertiser) and buying from the 'bay? I was thinking in terms of rarer sketch card distribution - say if a dealer cracked a case and within the first couple of boxes he pulled a Kayanan(sp?), an then put the rest of the boxes up for auction. Is there then less of a likelyhood that there might be another one in the case? I guess I am likening the situation to that of an advertised "X" number per case thing. I will probably only buy one case so I want to give my $$ to a slick dealer who may have already scored a great card.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:
I have a question if you could help me. Is there a difference between buying from an online store (like a cardtalk advertiser) and buying from the 'bay? I was thinking in terms of rarer sketch card distribution - say if a dealer cracked a case and within the first couple of boxes he pulled a Kayanan(sp?), an then put the rest of the boxes up for auction. Is there then less of a likelyhood that there might be another one in the case? I guess I am likening the situation to that of an advertised "X" number per case thing. I will probably only buy one case so I want to give my $$ to a slick dealer who may have already scored a great card.

I've seen lots of box breakdowns here and on another forum along with several case breakdowns. A couple of folks broke a box or two & pulled a Kayanan, while many have broken a case or more and have not.

Unlike some other company releases where you can assume "Rare card A" is one per case, one per two cases, etc. after looking at breakdowns this Topps release doesn't appear to be like that. I'd personally buy from an advertiser over ebay, but that's my personal preference. The most important this is to MAKE SURE you get a hobby release if you want a sketch. Retail boxes have costumes (memorabilia cards).

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got 2 boxes that he just can't bring himself to open, so he's sending them to me. SEND ME GOOD VIBES end of the week - I need good karma come Friday or so when the boxes arrive Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
A friend of mine got 2 boxes that he just can't bring himself to open, so he's sending them to me. SEND ME GOOD VIBES end of the week - I need good karma come Friday or so when the boxes arrive Smile

Um, either that....or there's always April 8. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I will not wait that long. I will purchase a special box at the Philly show. Or is that your evil plan - to drive me insane by forcing me to keep an UNOPENED BOX with SKETCHES in my house for a MONTH -- UNOPENED??????!?!?!??!?

I would have thought you'd want to keep me sane, at least till the charity event was over *sniff* ...

Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
(2) more boxes - 3 sketches

(got shorted 1 blue evolution card, oh well)

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! What a gorgeous Mitchell sketch!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
OK... I broke down and got two boxes, and my first 3 sketch cards - one Shum (Arwen? #267), one Mitchell (Gandalf, very light), and a Sohn (a BEAUTIFUL Gimli)... here is the Gimli:

I am VERY pleased with the sketch cards, and I have some extra inserts I will be adding to my trade list tomorrow.

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great looking Gimli Tim Dance

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
OK my second case is now open and here you have my 15 sketches i pulled

i love opening these boxes they are so much fun

A verrryyy nice breakdown,congrats Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Kilika808
posted Hide Post
Okay, I couldn't help myself, and busted another case's worth. (Yes, my wallet hates me.)

Only the sketches (in random order)...

Howard Shum - Gandalf
Randy Martinez - Shelob

James Hodgkins - Gandalf
Paul Gutierrez - Cobra Soldier from G.I. Joe Wink

Otis Frampton - Nazgul
Tom Mandrake - Gandalf

Joseph Booth - Gimli
Christian Dalla Vecchia - Orc

Scott Erwert - Aragorn

Grant Gould - Witch King
Thomas Hodges - Lurtz

Renae De Liz - Gollum
Robert Teranishi - Frodo

Brian Rood - Legolas
Jeff Zapata - Boromir

Wow... what a case! This stuff is just too much fun. I gotta stop myself before I go for a third...

Posts: 45 | Location: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ZAPATA - cool
& I like the Tom Hodges most of all -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Love that Boromir - that's fantastic!

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
only 4 boxes today

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ONE more box -
hate to say it -
but probably my LAST -

This time it yielded TWO sketches -
Self portraits of me & my wife -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

posted Hide Post
Just cracked another case, not too bad, I will just post a few of my favorites to save on space. Really like the Aragorn, can't tell if that is a sword or an arrow, maybe miss cat can shed some light on that. Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd share what I found in my four boxes. I pulled seven sketch cards, so I can't complain. I got 7 of the 10 stain glass window cards and the following sketch cards:

I was kind of hoping to get a colored sketch card, so I'm more than willing to trade multiple sketch cards for one sketch card. You can see most of my sketch cards here: http://eng.utoledo.edu/~mlindega/sketchs/sketch_cards.html if you're interested.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well my parents just called me with their case break (they arene't really good with a scanner, but they pulled this card:

So I decided to crack another case, as we got these two cases from the same place and they had the same number on the side (and the same number as my other Kayanan case) and here is what it yielded: ( I like to call it the Dan Parsons case Smile and the other card Smile

If anyone needs me to rub there cases for them, I feel like my magic is running hot!!, as I complete the ritual before any big release!!! Smile (for any Artemis fans)

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Eek
O U T S T A N D I N G....

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper