Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:
Next box I waited over night to open. Contemplated holding these to possibly sell later as had hit a Mitchell and a Dillon at 1:111 I thought the odds would be long on finding the tougher artists, I was wrong. I will call this the stud and dud box. And I am cursed as the KAYANAN is part of a dual panel. Wish me luck trying to find the other half.
Cursed? CURSED??? Twak Twak Twak Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
yeah, thats not exactly montezumas revenge you got there curse wise. Im praying for that curse today when the cases arrive. (im a big believer in luck, and We just got a box at meijers of older hockey cards that were like 75 percent off. Literally EVERY major card possible in the box, came...its gonna be a lucky day, i can FEEL IT!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That card is the SHIZZLE. If I had my druthers, a nice solid Eomer in armor single card would have been better in the finality of the pull. This card is GREAT, but as you know, incomplete.
The other side is quite nice as well. May be hard for someone to part with.

Those first three boxes I broke were great. Good luck with your boxes.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
oh well, didnt show yet. life goes on

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Well, my gf and I decided to splurge and bought three of these boxes: one for me, one for her and one for us to split. Seemed like most boxes broken here got two sketches per box so we felt pretty confident.

Sooo, the first box we split, figuring we would each get one of the sketches.

WRONG. Not a single sketch in the box. All three boxes were hobby boxes. After that disappointment, we opened the other two to see if they were equally bad.

My box had only one sketch:

I was pretty underwhelmed.

Then she opens her box. She did very well, getting two sketches:

Very glad that she did well, but still very annoyed about the no-sketch box. I doubt Topps will do anything about it as I can't prove that I got nothing. Still have the box, wrappers and all the cards, but since we bought them at a card show, no receipt. Combined with a terrible, no autograph box of Battlestar Galactica today, I think I have finally broken my box buying habit.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought two boxes at Philly, and I pulled a Guttierez, Dennis Budd(I think), Pronovost and a ......Cynthia Cummens sketch of Galadriel Clap Bouncey. I'll post photos later Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, Jane! Glad we had a chance to chat today! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Bought two boxes - got a KAYANAN!!! Here are the scans of the 8 sketches in total I picked at the show (4 from my boxes - Rood, Kayanan, Hodges, and McCrea, and the 4 I bought - Provonost, Dillon, Mitchell and King with Ring by ??)

Joanna's New Sketches

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
Your King is by WIlliam O' Neil

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great looking lot you got Joanna Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Great sketches, OWM! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Bought two boxes - got a KAYANAN!!! Here are the scans of the 8 sketches in total I picked at the show (4 from my boxes - Rood, Kayanan, Hodges, and McCrea, and the 4 I bought - Provonost, Dillon, Mitchell and King with Ring by ??)

What Cat said... the unknown is O'Neill... Very nice too!

The Gandalf by Mitchell is QUITE nice! I have a different Aragorn by Rood (a profile) - like yours better... LOVE the Dillon & the Kayanan - GREAT pull! Treebeard by Amy is fabulous! Tom does a great job with the monsters, I just don't like them - BAD EVIL ORCSES! The McCrea is great too!

All in all - well done! Nice additions to your collection!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All you members that get to go to the Philly Show are very Lucky. I wish they had shows up here in Alaska Frown Well here are some more highlights of me and my sons box's. Enjoy Wave

Cummens

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are from our last case Frown We opened 7 out of the 8 box's and are saving our 8th for the "open that box day" Enjoy Wave

Rabbitte

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dillon

posted Hide Post
Parsons

posted Hide Post
Gould

posted Hide Post
McCrea

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
those are great looking sketches aelfwine Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Nice Pulls OWM!!! It was good to see you today. Good luck with the American Idol obsesion Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post