Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!!!

Eek Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Retail

Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
6 Evolution A 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A,6A
2 Evolution B 10B,11B
1 Memorabilia Frodo's Travel Cloak
4 Stained Glass S3,S5,S6,S8

Box 2:
=====
1 Base Set
6 Evolution A 13A,14A,15A,16A,17A,18A
2 Evolution B 2B,3B
1 Memorabilia Pippin's Travel Cloak
4 Stained Glass S4,S5,S8,S10

Box 3:
=====
0 Base Sets (5 cards short due to miscuts)
6 Evolution A 7A,8A,9A,10A,11A,12A
2 Evolution B 1B,12B
1 Memorabilia Arwen's Nightgown
4 Stained Glass S1,S2,S7,S9

Box 4:
=====
0 Base Sets (4 cards short)
6 Evolution A 6A,7A,8A,9A,10A,11A
1 Evolution B 6B
1 Memorabilia Galadriel's Grey Havens Cloak
3 Stained Glass S1,S4,S9

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Opened my case today, too tired to post the complete breakdown until tomorrow but this is by far the best sketch in the case. A full color Gimli by Amy Pronovost. I just went through all 506 of her sketches and only 10 are full color and a few more has color bits.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
congrats on getting the Amy Gimli Thumb Up
esp since there are only 10 Eek

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holycow, Wow!

Grats, big, big grats!

Yeah, I only did less than a dozen colour cards this time around. Smile

And that one, I think, is my second favourite behind the balrog out of the colour cards I produced. Big Grin

There is a colour legolas floating around, I THINK, but for the life of me I don't know why I didn't get a scan. There's one more colour gimli as well that I haven't seen pop up Big Grin

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Here's my sketches from my case. About what I expected quality wise but with 47 artists I was kinda hoping for no duplication.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really slow at opening boxes and this is the first case I've ever bought. The first 3 boxes yeilded 2 sketchs each. Is this the start of a great case or are the 1 sketch per boxes at the bottom....fingers crossed!

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:
I'm really slow at opening boxes and this is the first case I've ever bought. The first 3 boxes yeilded 2 sketchs each. Is this the start of a great case or are the 1 sketch per boxes at the bottom....fingers crossed!

But what were the sketches you pulled?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
OK... here are scans of the three sketches I pulled from two boxes:

Sohn

Mitchell

Shum

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I really like your Sohn!!! Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:

Thanks! Me too... the scan really doesn't do it justice. Her work on it is so detailed and beautiful.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:

totally agree Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Here's my sketches from my first case. Not really that impressive compared to what others have pulled form their cases.

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else opened a case of RETAIL Evolution? I would like to know how many costumes people are getting from a sealed case. A friend of mine has started opening a case and only 3 costumes have been pulled from 5 boxes (so far).

Let me know, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

To poke my nose in, he DID pull my 'NOT the BEARD!' Gimli, and I think that's worth all the sketches in the world Wink

Seriously.

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around.

You've got a nice variety of sketches from your cases! Congrats!

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Title of the breakdown thread was changed as the only breakdowns shown ARE from the Hobby edition (sketches)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:

Yeah I hear ya. I was not too pleased with case No. 1, out of the 14 sketches I do like the Vecchia-Gollum, Budd-Nazgul, Teranishi-Gollum, Gutierrez-Grima or Denethor? and the Pronovost-Gimli.

Case 2 wasn't looking that great either as my second box contained no sketch cards and my last 2 boxes yielded the Staggs Arwen(?) and the Color Zapata sketch. Much relief with those 2 cards Big Grin

Not too pleased with the case collation thus far seeing my first case versus Ztaylors awesome Parsons/Kayanan case.