Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
Hey Cardster you got my first Theoden! I wish I could add some color and a bg to that card! I really liked it!

Rich

Thanks for the offer Rich. I might just have to take you up on it. I really like that card as well. In fact this case gave me four artists I really wanted i.e. Molinelli, Staggs, Sohn and Kayanan.

WOW now thats a case! Anytime your ready feel free to e-amil.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com:
Alright I'll join the fun. . .

I finally found a case. . . wasn't exactly in my budget, but bought it anyway. . .

I LOVE the Gandalfs you showed, especially the Mitchell! Also love the Legolas by Cummens. It's too bad you had some artist duplication in the case. I wish I could have afforded to buy more than one case myself!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
OK, so i hadn't busted a single box since Buffy WOS, in fact sold everything off. I broke down and got a box of these for Open that Box day after seeing everyones breakdowns. Gotta say busting a box really gave me that card itch back so i hope i don't cave in too often.

Anyway here is my breakdown, hopefully someone can help me with who the sketches are of, i'm a little rusty on my LOTR characters.

Stained Glass 2-3-6-7
Evolution A 5-6-7-8-9-10
Evolution B 5-6

Sketches
Duron
Rood

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sketches look like an Uru-kai (by Duron) and Arwen (by Rood). Good job!

Posts: 28 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls. Here is what is from I believe THE LAST 3 packs of Evolution to be found in my town.I will call this the "pack" breakdown.

Cost of three packs plus tax = $6.42 exact change.

Pulling a sketch card in the first pack = Priceless.

Guitierez Frodo ??

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have a few boxes to crack later this week which will likely be my last boxes.

Will post pics as I break em.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's some of my recent pulls. This is my first try at posting images, so here it goes.

Posts: 10 | Location: Maine,US | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Not trying to be a downer here, but has anyone else opened a box of these and gotten no sketches at all? My gf and I opened a total of three boxes: one box had two sketches, one had one sketch and the third had NO sketches! I called Topps to see if they could do anything, but so far no return call. I saved all the cards, wrappers and box, hoping they could give us something for it. It is so disappointing when I see most boxes on this thread have two sketches each. Frown

Hi all, I did as suggested by a few of you on here and sent in the boxtop and the UPC code to Topps Customer Service address (Special thanks to Aelfwine and SlackJawedYokel for their assistance!) and was very pleasantly surprised to receive a sketch card from Topps. I am glad that the company helped me out as they didn't have to. The sketch is by Frampton and looks, to me at least, like one of the Wild Men. If anyone else has an opinion about what it could be, please let me know. Here is a scan of it:

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Andrew - Glad Topps C.S. was able to help you out.

The character is actually an Easterling and not a Wild man.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom bombadil:
Here's some of my recent pulls. This is my first try at posting images, so here it goes.

Great first post,very nice sketches you have there.
Welcome aboard here,have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Not trying to be a downer here, but has anyone else opened a box of these and gotten no sketches at all? My gf and I opened a total of three boxes: one box had two sketches, one had one sketch and the third had NO sketches! I called Topps to see if they could do anything, but so far no return call. I saved all the cards, wrappers and box, hoping they could give us something for it. It is so disappointing when I see most boxes on this thread have two sketches each. Frown

Hi all, I did as suggested by a few of you on here and sent in the boxtop and the UPC code to Topps Customer Service address (Special thanks to Aelfwine and SlackJawedYokel for their assistance!) and was very pleasantly surprised to receive a sketch card from Topps. I am glad that the company helped me out as they didn't have to. The sketch is by Frampton and looks, to me at least, like one of the Wild Men. If anyone else has an opinion about what it could be, please let me know. Here is a scan of it:

Good to hear Topps came through for you Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FAN4LIFE:
The sketches look like an Uru-kai (by Duron) and Arwen (by Rood). Good job!

Thanks for the help

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack London:

It never hurts to help other collectors Smile I'm glad that I could help, Great sketch also Clap

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patonyfan:
Anyway here is my breakdown, hopefully someone can help me with who the sketches are of, i'm a little rusty on my LOTR characters.

Both sketches are fantastic! The Duron is definitely an uruk-hai and the Rood is a gorgeous Arwen...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info, was lost on what the Duron was. My initial thought was that the Rood was an Arwen but then i talked myself out of it and thought it was someone else.

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi all, I did as suggested by a few of you on here and sent in the boxtop and the UPC code to Topps Customer Service address (Special thanks to Aelfwine and SlackJawedYokel for their assistance!) and was very pleasantly surprised to receive a sketch card from Topps.

That is a GREAT sketch by Otis! I've got mostly profile sketches by him...

posted Hide Post
Hello. I received my four boxes today. I only pulled a total of six sketches in the fours boxes. 1 was a super star card.

For those who know/remember my earlier pulls were I said I was cursed, I have been similarly cursed with this one card.

I will post all soon. Cheers.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Is this curse part of the same curse, one part of another 3 part curse, or part of a 2 part curse?
I wish I had half your "cursed" luck Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graham

I wish it was part of the same curse but alas it is a different artist 2 part curse. CURSES!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I wish I had half your "cursed" luck Big Grin

Nice. Rub it in by the way Smile