Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nice pulls.

Way to go.

Give us a 9 panel shot of all your Kayanan's.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I second that!! Metal

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Nice, really nice! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a page with all 9 of my Kayanan's that I have pulled. But they have all moved on to better homes. I don't own any Kayanan's Frown

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ztaylork

Thanks for posting these. I think you played it right early in the game by moving some of these to obtain more boxes to break. I got in late with this series so it is hard for me to part with my two Kayanans as I would not likely pull many more at $95 a box.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
so, Ztaylork;

In case I missed it - how many total boxes did you open to come up with 9 K's? I'm guessing 20 cases or so?

Did you sell ALL your sketches; or just the K's? I'd love to know how the results ended -

Did you MAKE money; or break even to finance the cards you wanted to keep? THANKS in advance -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
ill save ya time z, he made money. you would have to work very hard, at the prices these cases were going for early on, to NOT make money.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure right now, as I have been tracking all my sketch card buys/sells in a spreadsheet (that way I can show my wife exactly where I am at and justify what I keep Smile ). Anyways, with what I have on ebay right now I should about be at a break even point with all that have purchased (including money spend on aftermarket work done) So that means that everything else that I have in my collection was basically free, which I still have a pretty nice collection (guessing about $5,000 worth, will post it once it is complete Smile and about 25 boxes left laying around. I have opened roughly 25 cases thus far, more than anything its been fun!!!

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
#5 is my fav Kayanan of the nine Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Well, just think. Other than Kayanan himself or a Topps employee you have probably personally touched more of his sketches than anyone.

I wanted to get more than my two boxes but prices rocketed so quickly that I didn't have the chance. I'm still thrilled that I pulled my Kayanan and Staggs out of two boxes.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I NEED A LOTR BOX BREAK FIX !!!!

WHO'S GOT ONE ?!?!?!

posted Hide Post
Until then...my most recent card acquired.

posted Hide Post
Got the itch today, so I cracked 3 boxes. No Kayanan, but some really nice cards. And a Cat Staggs Faramir that we got a few days ago out of a box (already parted with the Faramir, off to Canada Smile )

posted Hide Post
Very nice pulls. I am ramping up to buy more boxes or perhaps a case.

We shall see.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi there fellow LOTR Sketch collectors.I pulled this Kayanan from a sealed case a couple of days ago.I would like to help as what character I pulled,random orc?Thanks take care.Good luck everyone.

Posts: 1 | Location: Home | Registered: May 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gerald

All I see is the red X of death.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
Well, just think. Other than Kayanan himself or a Topps employee you have probably personally touched more of his sketches than anyone.QUOTE]

I know of a collector that has more than twice that amount in his collection. Eek

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
Well, just think. Other than Kayanan himself or a Topps employee you have probably personally touched more of his sketches than anyone.QUOTE]

I know of a collector that has more than twice that amount in his collection. Eek

Well, I stand corrected. It is probably the buyer then! I wish I could afford those prices!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Wow - A psychologist could do a whole research paper on the LOTR Evolution buying habits of Card Talk members. Eek

I admire you Ztaylork. You took the risk, its panned out out well. But, does this mean you do not have one of each artist now? What is your aim now for this set?

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a sketch from each artist, and really don't plan on going in that direction. Right now I have at least one really nice sketch of each of the 9 fellowship (3 - 5 of most of them) and Arwen, Eowyn, and Gollum. I don't plan on keeping any of the orcs or other bad guys. I actually prefer to get commissions done, something I can frame Smile