Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of bakeded
posted Hide Post
It looks like an abstract balrog to me.

Posts: 168 | Location: SG-C | Registered: July 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i think he was just clearing his brushes and drawing out the ink on his quills :-P , and decided "you know, that actually looks kinda good!"

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
Barlog

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gatodama:
Barlog

A Barlog, Cat? Twak

No wonder we had a hard time noticing what it was. Big Grin

Posts: 49 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reidelmundo:
quote:
Barlog

A Barlog, Cat? Twak

No wonder we had a hard time noticing what it was. Big Grin

LOL...that damn dyslexia rearing it's ugly head again...you know what I mean.

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey, you're not alone. I saw at least one LOTR sketch with BARLOG printed on the sketch itself...

Whoops! Big Grin

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have a good idea as to the McCrea Sketch. It looks like the ring on the bottom of the river bed where is was found by Smeagle.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
bah, got a box today, 2 sketchs i already have...another Ur Hat card and a teranashi Troll...yay 2x and 3x now!!! man, just give me differnt sketchs then lol. how many of each did these guys do?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
quote:

Hey, you're not alone. I saw at least one LOTR sketch with BARLOG printed on the sketch itself...

Whoops! Big Grin

I have seen 2 such sketches with Balrog mis-spelled, both by the same artist...

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to find more boxes but my funds are low as I am scrambling to cover what I have already bought.

Let's flashback to a week ago where I found my first four boxes in my hometown. Not many to be had. I snatched then all up. VERY glad I did.

Here is the breakdown box by box.

Box 1 : I found a Mitchell Frodo. Excellent card and since it was my first very happy. Downside was at the stated odds she is the same as Kayanan so I thought that would be it for that group of artists. Also found a Frampton Arwen which is out for trade.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The next box I cracked a few hour later while waiting for my daughter at school. Couldn't resist. It was a nice score. I started to leap when i saw the color on the Dillon.

Dillon Eowyn full color and then a Hodgkins Elf.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Next box I waited over night to open. Contemplated holding these to possibly sell later as had hit a Mitchell and a Dillon at 1:111 I thought the odds would be long on finding the tougher artists, I was wrong. I will call this the stud and dud box. And I am cursed as the KAYANAN is part of a dual panel. Wish me luck trying to find the other half.

Hodges Urak Hai and Kayanan Fellowship card of Aragorn and Legolas. Color not quite as vibrant as the pic on the website but very nice in deed. In short, a keeper. You will not see this on eBay.

posted Hide Post
Being box committed, I hit my last of four boxes and hoped against hope for the left panel Kayanan.

I found a Fabbri Orc and Mandrake Orc.

Off to hunt for more boxes.

posted Hide Post
13 boxes and 25 sketches with some sweet pulls. Bought one off eBay for a total of 26 in my collection which has some hard pulls.

All in all very pleased. Good luck in your hunt.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post

WOW - I would have NEVER thought that would come out of a box - looks aftermarket quality. You beat the odds big time! super job

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
when it comes to pure fun opening a product, this has easily been the best product for a jaded collector base, since the whole 50 dollar a box days began. That dillion proves it.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, but only if you pull "that card". There is also a lot of fluff that you can get, even with opening a number of boxes or even cases, so let's not get carried away.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes, but only if you pull "that card". There is also a lot of fluff that you can get, even with opening a number of boxes or even cases, so let's not get carried away.

Amen brother! You hit the nail right on the head. Big Grin

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Couldn't agree more. More four boxes were quite the let down for me. I'd give anything to have that money back.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:

no, your right. and my last box proved that lol. But, there are dozens of artists (literally) whos work is neat, are in short printed supply, that looks unique and in terms of sale go for 30-70 for non exceptional ones...and you get 2 shots a box (on average) to pull em. I would still like to have seen however, a very large comprehesive crash numbered set (serial numbered) like Rittenhouse does. With the ammount of boxes i have broken, make it like 1:2 boxes , that would be a neat set to put together. Well, 2 cases in tommorow, probably my last two considering how much cases are selling for now. ill post the findings...i still need to pull at least ONE kayanan and one sohn card.