Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Arty Ewok - is it Pronovost or Provost - which is the way the cards are signed.
I pulled one of your "Gollum with fish", much like the one shown above, but the picture is flipped, and Gollum looks like he's going to take a bite...

Looks like Howard Shum numbered his sketches, i see the numbers in the top right side, I have 48.

The variety and quality of these sketches is really wild, I'm hoping to pick up packs later today. Great pulls, everyone!

It's Pronovost Smile I sign my art -A. Pro 'XX- because my last name is just way too long.

Think Pronovost, like the hockey player Big Grin

I drew a whole bunch of gollum with fish. it just seemed like the perfect accessory for Gollum Big Grin I also have a Gollum sprinking crumbs on a sam.

And to the person giving the set a B+, I will admit that I did a couple of cards thay, now that I look at them, I am going 'Gah!', but out of 500 drawings, I've onyl gone 'gah' at about 5 f them. That's a 1% 'Gah!' ratio, which is pretty good Big Grin

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
One box and I'm very pleased!

6 Evolution A cards: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16
2 Evolution B cards: 3 and 4
4 stained glass cards: 4, 5, 8, 10

2 Sketches:
Cat Staggs -- Merry (?)
Paul Gutierrez -- Gollum

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got another box and was very happy with the results. Inserts were the standard 6:a's, 2:b's, and 4 glass.

2 Sketches:
Wildman?/Molinelli (can you confirm Mr. Molinelli? Thanks!; Merry/Staggs Big Grin

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
Got another box and was very happy with the results. Inserts were the standard 6:a's, 2:b's, and 4 glass.

2 Sketches:
Wildman?/Molinelli (can you confirm Mr. Molinelli? Thanks!; Merry/Staggs Big Grin

Single best box I have heard of!!

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:

2 Sketches:

Yup that is that pirate leader who swears by his blood oath to serve Sauruman and Sauron, by slicing his hand. And ALL of you guys can call me Ram or Rich. Smile

Rich

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:

Yup that is that pirate leader who swears by his blood oath to serve Sauruman and Sauron, by slicing his hand. And ALL of you guys can call me Ram or Rich. Smile

Rich

can't be - His teeth are far too good Wink

fantastic Merry sketches from Cat Drool

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Tialessa - your Kayanan Legolas is just amazing!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Alright, finally got the size right. Here's some scans from the first case. I got 14 sketcha cards.
Erwert, Ramos, and Molinelli.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
And Woodside, Cynthia Cummens, and Norton.

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
And please help with these artists names?? Confused

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Robert Teranishi, Jake Myler & Otis Frampton

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing we have experts around here. Thanks, Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Just looked at LOTR sketches

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
HA that Eye of Sauron has a home, I'm glad a dealer didn't get that one! Congrats man thats one of my favs even though I could never get those clouds as dark as I wanted too, the card kept absorbing the markers.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
These were my pulls from the free boxes that Topps sent us artists. TOO BAD NO STORES IN NAUSSAU COUNTY WILL ORDER THE CARDS FOR ME TO GET MORE! Twak

The legolas is the one I'm selling. Hope I'm allowed to say that, if not I'll take it out.

Rich

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
My Latest Partial Case Yield: Dance

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
My wife and I busted our case earlier this morning and I have to say that the base set is exceptionally nice.
We managed to make 2 full sets of "Stained Glass", with 12 extras.
A full set of A cards, being 2 cards short of a second full set. I've only got 6 B cards, but I'll have to go back through the commons as I'm sure we put some of these with the commons thinking they were -8's.
As usual the sketchcards vary in quality, but as another member has already stated since most boxes yeild two sketches plus two other insert levels, these boxes do give the buyer value.
We pulled 14 sketches and one box even had 3!
All in all a very nice product.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
A very nice Gimli by Allison Sohn. Gladriel(?) by Howard Shum.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Gimli by Otis Frampton, Legolas by Otis Frampton, and Arwen by James Hodgkins.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Denothor by John McCrea, Sauron by Mandrake, and Wraith by Dalla Vecchia.