Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
So was I but I can live with it - those sketches more than make up for it.

Neither are om MarleyEds sketch site, either.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 15 boxes and all except one had the sketches staggered out a number of packs with no ryhme or reason so I don't feel there is a way to cherry pick this lot.

Don't want to be banned just my observation.

I don't think it can be done for this product.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aelfwine:
Jack, send your bottom panel of your box along with a list of missing items to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
401 York Avenue
Duryea, Pennsylvania 18642-2035

Ph# (570)457-6761

It worked for me and my son Dance

Hope that will help all Lotr Fans that did not get a sketch card in a box Thumb Up

Thank you for the address help, aelfwine, I will try that. If they don't believe me, they don't believe me. Nothing else I can do but try. Will let you all know how it goes.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hey Slackjawedyokel:

Watch that you don't get too close to spilling the beans on any cherry picking methods. As you probably know, our FAQ forbids it.

Thanks.

Harris

Sorry Harris it wasn't my intention to give away cherry picking techniques. I thought expressing what my observations were concerning the packs I was opening was legit. I apologize to any I offended. I'll be more carful next time.
Cheers - Peter
Gotta give myself one of these - Twak

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Sorry this took so long, but I was out of town for a few days. Here are the scans of the sketch cards that I pulled from the 2 boxes I got in Philly this past Saturday.Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Also, here are 4 sketches that I bought at the Philly Show, too. The Frodo is Dan Parsons, Nazguls by Fabbri and Otis Frampton & Gollum by Della Vecchia. I really liked the Fellbeast behind the Nazgul in the Fabbri sketch Big Grin.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Raj: awesome Ringwraith! I dont think, I've seen a full body sketch before.

cverdec: the Gandalf is great!!! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Sorry this took so long, but I was out of town for a few days. Here are the scans of the sketch cards that I pulled from the 2 boxes I got in Philly this past Saturday.Big Grin

Oh man, I WANT that Eowyn by Rabbitte - so gorgeous!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cverdec, Great Pulls Thumb Up

I don't see your Chandler Gandalf sketch on your tading page Smile must be a keeper Wink

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fantastic pulls there chris Thumb Up

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Master Yoda
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today finally... seems hard to find boxes in my area now. Well pretty happy with what I got here they are.

I think first one is Pippen by Jeff Chandler and 2nd is Frodo by Jake Myler. Is there a name for the Crystal Ball with Sauron's eye?

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
Is there a name for the Crystal Ball with Sauron's eye?

Palantir

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
What,no breakdowns for over 30 hours....where are you case buyers at Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
What,no breakdowns for over 30 hours....where are you case buyers at Big Grin

Were coming just as fast as I remember where my brain is at. Big Grin I finished opening a case on Thursday night, took my sketches into work to scan them yesterday and silly me forgot the jpg's at work. I will post what I got from my case on Monday. I was extremely pleased with this case as it is by far the best I have opened.

The case included the following artists: Mandrake, Hernandez, Ramos, Budd, McCrea, Norton, Staggs and Kayanan. Big Grin

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's go already slackjaw..
we want to see your booty...er, ya know ..cards.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well me and my son opened our last box of our last case that we saved for "open that box day" and I'm still shaking from it Big Grin You should have seen my son and his friends when I jumped up and down and screamed like a crazy person out of control. I think that they must have thought I was going to have a heart attack or I was just plain crazy!!!!

We pulled a very nice Kayanan sketch of The elves lined up with their bows. I really like how Kayanan used the border of the card itself for the design of one of the bows!!!! Drool

Enjoy Clap

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That's a nice card Thumb Up and a nice picture too

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aelfwine - OUTSTANDING, now get that card into a screwdown and out of that plastic cardsaver sleeve!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:
aelfwine - OUTSTANDING, now get that card into a screwdown and out of that plastic cardsaver sleeve!!

Smile It is! It was put in a hard plastic screw down case as soon as we pulled it!! I would have never let my son take it outside to get the picture without it! I really was kinda worried to take it outside in the snow for the picture but we really wanted to get a good picture to show that Alaska has its collecters also Thumb Up

Thanks hammer, I'm still in shock that we pulled it on "open that box day". I don't think that we will ever forget this day Big Grin

posted Hide Post
It's sure a KEEPER.

Congratulations on the pull. Clap