Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
those are great looking sketches aelfwine Thumb Up

Thanks spidergolin Wavey

Me and my son feel very fortunate to have been able to get some very Very nice sketch cards out of the box's that we were able to find Clap

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Bought two boxes - got a KAYANAN!!! Here are the scans of the 8 sketches in total I picked at the show (4 from my boxes - Rood, Kayanan, Hodges, and McCrea, and the 4 I bought - Provonost, Dillon, Mitchell and King with Ring by ??)

Joanna's New Sketches

Nice Sketches Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought 2 more boxes at the Philly show. I think that the 1st box was pis-packed by the manufacturer-no base set, no evolution B cards and both sketches were in the same stack in the box (I was hoping it was going to be a 3 sketch box, but no luck). Pretty Happy with them though. Big Grin

Box 1:
Base Sets: NONE Confused
Stained Glass: 3, 5, 7, 9, 10
Evolution A: 6, 8, 9(x2), 12, 15, 16
Evolution B: NONE Confused
Sketches: Amy Provonost (Urak-hai)& Davide Rabitte (Eowyn) Big Grin

Box 2:
Base Sets: 2
Stained Glass: 1, 4, 5, 10
Evolution A: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Evolution B: 1, 12
Sketches: Fabbri (Worm-Tongue) & Jeff Chandler (Partial color Gandalf)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cverdec,

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
I'll post pictures when I have a chance.

Please do! I really want to see the Eowyn sketch Smile

Congrats on the pulls!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
well,i got my last 2 cases in. I pulled a lot of people i had not before, and a TON of the average 1000+ kinda eh blah sketchs...with one exception! Heres the best of 2 cases worth

I REALLY liked getting the chandler full color Balrog/gandalf, the staggs was awesome, but what really surprised me, is pulling the best Hodges sketch ever in the arwen. That really blew me away, im surprised to even see one like this, its actually painted in parts, not just colored. Oh well, 2 quality cases with some homeruns in all (still no kayanan or Cummens not counting the full color i pulled 2 days ago from 3 stooges).

#For some reason i cant seem to get the 2nd set of sketchs, the scans, to work out right. oh well. ill try again later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zhamlau,

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketches from the two boxes I got at Philly...

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching The Two Towers. I noted many film frames that are depicted in the sketch artwork for this set.

I am more in awe then ever.

Outstanding job to all the artists.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
well,i got my last 2 cases in. I pulled a lot of people i had not before, and a TON of the average 1000+ kinda eh blah sketchs...with one exception! Heres the best of 2 cases worth

I REALLY liked getting the chandler full color Balrog/gandalf, the staggs was awesome, but what really surprised me, is pulling the best Hodges sketch ever in the arwen. That really blew me away, im surprised to even see one like this, its actually painted in parts, not just colored. Oh well, 2 quality cases with some homeruns in all (still no kayanan or Cummens not counting the full color i pulled 2 days ago from 3 stooges).

#For some reason i cant seem to get the 2nd set of sketchs, the scans, to work out right. oh well. ill try again later.

great lot of sketches you have there....
great staggs,and the Gandalf is very nice also.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Jane...those are very cool sketches you pulled Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
I love that Arwen Mary Mitchell Sketch zhamlau. Very Nice Smile

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be a downer here, but has anyone else opened a box of these and gotten no sketches at all? My gf and I opened a total of three boxes: one box had two sketches, one had one sketch and the third had NO sketches! I called Topps to see if they could do anything, but so far no return call. I saved all the cards, wrappers and box, hoping they could give us something for it. It is so disappointing when I see most boxes on this thread have two sketches each. Frown

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think its definetly rare to have zero sketches, I have heard of a few. I opened around 15 cases, had 4 boxes with 3 sketches, and zero boxes with no sketches. I can't remember how many with one, it seems most cases had between 1 to 3 boxes with only 1 sketch. That does stink when you only buy a few boxes to get a dud, its supposed to happen to those evil people who open 15 cases and get 4 boxes with 3 sketches, to kind of balance out the universe.

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great Pulls

Arwen Mitch is a nice card

Chandlers are great

Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
I think its definetly rare to have zero sketches, I have heard of a few. I opened around 15 cases, had 4 boxes with 3 sketches, and zero boxes with no sketches. I can't remember how many with one, it seems most cases had between 1 to 3 boxes with only 1 sketch. That does stink when you only buy a few boxes to get a dud, its supposed to happen to those evil people who open 15 cases and get 4 boxes with 3 sketches, to kind of balance out the universe.

I kinda agree with you about the balancing the universe thing. It is a real bummer as my gf and I hadn't bought any of these boxes before and basically spent our whole combined card show budget on the three boxes. I have doubts that Topps will do anything as they have no way of knowing if I am just saying we didn't get any sketches. Will update here on this thread if Topps responds in any way. Though I hate to sound like a crybaby, I think that this experience and another same day experience with a Battlestar Galactica box where I didn't get the promised autograph card per box, has finally gotten me to swear off buying boxes.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Not trying to be a downer here, but has anyone else opened a box of these and gotten no sketches at all? My gf and I opened a total of three boxes: one box had two sketches, one had one sketch and the third had NO sketches! I called Topps to see if they could do anything, but so far no return call. I saved all the cards, wrappers and box, hoping they could give us something for it. It is so disappointing when I see most boxes on this thread have two sketches each. Frown

Jack, send your bottom panel of your box along with a list of missing items to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
401 York Avenue
Duryea, Pennsylvania 18642-2035

Ph# (570)457-6761

It worked for me and my son Dance

Hope that will help all Lotr Fans that did not get a sketch card in a box Thumb Up

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
no, it happens. i ordered a loose box when it first came out with no sketch in it. But, outta of a sealed case its never happened to me. I never thought about sending it back in though. ive done so well on the product, probably just giving back to have a box without a sketch. besides, i dont think they guaranteed a sketch a box, just it averages 1:14 packs. Granted, its impossible to have 24 pack boxes without pulling a sketch if they are 1:14 in sequence.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Out of one of my cases I did receive a box with no sketches in it. The entire case had only 12 sketches. A real bummer. Makes you think if Topps does promise 1:14 ratios how could a box NOT have a sketch in it.

One thing I have noticed while opening boxes is I will open packs from one side first, stop when I find a sketch and open packs on the other side. More often then naught, the sketch is found in the same number of packs down, usually 3 or 5 for me. Maybe this has something to do with how some boxes get no sketches. Who knows really.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey Slackjawedyokel:

Watch that you don't get too close to spilling the beans on any cherry picking methods. As you probably know, our FAQ forbids it.

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one box

Dalla vecchia and McCrea

4 Stained Glass cards
6 Evolution A cards
1 Evolution B card

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
That McCrea is fantastic! I'm surprised you only got one "B" card though...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post