Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
I don't have a sketch from each artist, and really don't plan on going in that direction. Right now I have at least one really nice sketch of each of the 9 fellowship (3 - 5 of most of them) and Arwen, Eowyn, and Gollum. I don't plan on keeping any of the orcs or other bad guys. I actually prefer to get commissions done, something I can frame Smile

Awww heck ZTK, you can frame your sketch cards easily, just use teeny tiny frames. Big Grin
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
well, it wasnt a complete box breakdown, it was the bottum 6 packs in the box. But, it did yield two sketchs. Another miscellanous Martinez for the common box, and an awesome cat staggs Boromir dying sketch, with the arrow stuck in him.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Boromir is a great looking card

Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My goal was @ least 1 of each artist - but hopfully 3 - I am getting too caught up with these

Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome pulls.

Great luck.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
What great pulls you got there!!!
Love that Boromir sketch!

Luc

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know how long my willpower can hold out, especially since I believe boxes with lot number 22047 had yielded a lot of Kayanan's. Will keep you posted.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:
I NEED A LOTR BOX BREAK FIX !!!!

WHO'S GOT ONE ?!?!?!

Jimmy - break it Big Grin

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That ain't right using my own words against me.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I had a case 22047 - no Kayanan's - but I still have 1 sealed box from the case (was going to keep unopened) - now you have me worried.

BTW - 2 geek points for telling me where the serial number TK421 comes from -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
tk-421 was the designation for the the storm trooper luke knocked out and took the uniform off. The deck officer asked him over his com "TK-421, why arent you at your post".

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
I had a case 22047 - no Kayanan's - but I still have 1 sealed box from the case (was going to keep unopened) - now you have me worried.

BTW - 2 geek points for telling me where the serial number TK421 comes from -

Tk421 I don't have a clue.

As for the 22047 lot, one of the Kayanan's I have came from a loose box break with that lot number. I also know that the seller I got this case from previously sold a Kayanan a few weeks ago I am assuming was from this batch. He may have got the 5.5th case to hold a Kayanan per the odds. It seems like (to me) that quite a few Kayanan's showed up later in the run. Maybe they stuffed the middle cases with the 1000 type sketches and for the final boxes had to stuff all the goodies in them.

I am only presuming much of this but had seen someone else make a previous comment to this effect as well.

I will likely bust it open as it is too much fun not to but probably not till Monday on my day off and I can enjoy it.

posted Hide Post
I busted into my case yesterday and the first four boxes yielded the below sketches.

Booth Gothmog and Martinez Eye

Box 2 had a Hodgkins Elf and Dave Dorman Orc

Box 3 yielded a single Hodges ?

Box 4 proved to be the persuasion that any box can be stoked with big hits as I pulled both of these gems/ladies from the same box. Galadriel Sohn and Cummens Eowyn in helmet.

More to follow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimmy Jazz,

posted Hide Post
Last half of my case yielded the follwing sketches.

Box 5 Myler Aragorn and Martinez Nazgul

Box 6 was another dual hit box with both of these in the same box. Hernandez Orc and Staggs Boromir.

Box 7 a Gandal Gutierrez and a Corroney Eye

Last box had a lone Dalla Vechia Mouth of Suaron

Overall very pleased with the lot of them and got a handfull of big hitters I was looking to pick up for my collection anyway.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Some VERY nice cards there! Congrats!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great

Sohn and Cummins

Mark

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
picked up a box recently. One straight to the common bin Hodges sketch, and a VERY nice deliz Faramir. yay!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great looking sketches jimmy jazz Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone, I need your help.

I paid Otis Frampton to do a 3-card commission for me when this set was first released on three of the six cards he got back from Topps, but I STILL have not decided what I want on it (an important decision!) I've narrowed it down to these three choices. Please let me know which you think would look the best. Please remember the artists style. THANKS!!

Posts: 28 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
I'll go with the third Wink

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post