Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Well I opened 5 more cases and pulled a load more sketches but I willjust post the highlights

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
Well I opened 5 more cases and pulled a load more sketches but I willjust post the highlights

verrry nice gimli Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
3 more cases arrived today and here are the high lights

and a Kayanan

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
3 more cases arrived today and here are the high lights

You're getting the lions-share of Chandlers. LMK if you want to trade one away - Smile

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
ah, bless ya gimli. im glad to see postings here! im getting in a few boxes this week, will hopefull pull something postable. love the staggs and the sohns. You know, im starting to realize how tuff russel walks sketchs are. i know other artists did fewer, but im just not seeing many. here i see 7 cases broke, and only one walks. Considering the quality and SP nature, im amazed they dont go for more.
BTW, how many kayanans have passed through your hands now? 7?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
well that was my first Walks sketch in 15 cases

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I've really come to love coming to this thread to see what people have pulled!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Of course there are a few sketches i have only pulled 1 of Walkes, Molinelli, chung, coronney, duuresema, eliopoulos, romos, zapata

and some I have pulled none of Budd, hernandez, mitchell, moore, lilly

and once you have opened 15 cases you kind of think you should be closer to getting one of each by now Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
see, there is something funky about this coaliation (or however you spell it). I mean, in 15 cases, thats 2880 packs, 206 sketchs about. You have seen like 5+ kayanas, probably 10+ cat sketchs, and yet there are 5 artists you have pulled NON of , and 8 you have pulled only 1 of. thats 13 out of 47 you have 1 or non of. Many of thoes artists did in the 200 sketch range. Is their like waves or something of this product? i mean, if you pull over 200 sketchs, where there are only 40 some artists, you shouldnt be more then 25% short of a complete set. BTW, where are you finding cases? ive hit up a lot of distribs. and its just all gone.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Well My cases are ones I have bought and have taken a while to come so not bought any for a few weeks and before that it was on Ebay

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of 4 hobby boxes :-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
nice sketches!

I think the Ray Dillon is Barliman from Bree...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought four boxes of this hoping for one really good color sketch and didn't get any color sketches at all (posted break down a few pages back), so I bought a case and now I'm afraid to open it.

Right now I have the hope of getting one of those Kayanas; however, I fear that once I open the boxes, I'll just be disapointed again.

I wonder how long this fear will keep me in limbo...

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lindegarde:
I bought four boxes of this hoping for one really good color sketch and didn't get any color sketches at all (posted break down a few pages back), so I bought a case and now I'm afraid to open it.

Right now I have the hope of getting one of those Kayanas; however, I fear that once I open the boxes, I'll just be disapointed again.

I suppose this is the perfect time to quote Yoda - "Fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...." (Or however that went) Big Grin

Well, Mike I've opened 3 cases and about 5 loose boxes and have only received 1 color sketch myself. Its hit or miss with this or any other series. I believe it is on page 16 of this thread. A color Dead King by Zapata. Check it out.

Don't be afraid, just open it. You did pay for it right! With the original intention of opening all 8 boxes.

That reminds me I still have 2 cases to bust myself..... Wink
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
WOW.. i just went throught this entire thread.. and it is so nice to see all the little card babies find thier homes(or foster homes Wink ) I know a lot of you from other sites and the cards you have posted. This was one AWESOME set to work on.. I only hope that with the success I might get to do it again. FINGERS and TOES CROSSED!!!

two things.. there was an Aragorn sketch wasn't sure if it was an arrow or a sword.. it was his sword and there was an Galadriel that was mistaken for an Arwen. Hope i got all the questions.

Again NICE PULLS everyone!! This set ROCKED!

ps. If anyone finds my Ring. it really would like to come home Big Grin

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found three boxes at a local card shop today. I am breaking them now. Will post the pics if I can. I will tell my tale of my first four and ONLY boxes I broke last week but for now, here goes on the first of three.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is starting out how my last four went, with a sweet Mitchell. This one of Legolas.
Next an elven Shum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimmy Jazz,

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike - Bust them all. Do you risk the chance of selling the box later and missing out on a chance to own a very high quality card?

I have been lucky so far but recommend you crack all boxes and enjoy the hunt.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lindegarde:

posted Hide Post
First box opened 8 packs to find the two above posted. Here goes box two.

posted Hide Post
Box two - Fabbri Eye of Sauron and GH Orc with some nice detail. Stand by for box three.