This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/7501093651

March 31, 2006, 02:12 AM
bakeded
LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
It looks like an abstract balrog to me.
March 31, 2006, 09:21 AM
zhamlau
i think he was just clearing his brushes and drawing out the ink on his quills :-P , and decided "you know, that actually looks kinda good!"

March 31, 2006, 10:12 AM
gatodama
Barlog

March 31, 2006, 10:38 AM
reidelmundo
quote:
Originally posted by gatodama:
Barlog

A Barlog, Cat? Twak

No wonder we had a hard time noticing what it was. Big Grin
March 31, 2006, 11:40 AM
gatodama
quote:
Originally posted by reidelmundo:
quote:
Barlog

A Barlog, Cat? Twak

No wonder we had a hard time noticing what it was. Big Grin

LOL...that damn dyslexia rearing it's ugly head again...you know what I mean.

March 31, 2006, 11:49 AM
tialessa
quote:

Hey, you're not alone. I saw at least one LOTR sketch with BARLOG printed on the sketch itself...

Whoops! Big Grin

March 31, 2006, 11:52 AM
CardFan
I think I have a good idea as to the McCrea Sketch. It looks like the ring on the bottom of the river bed where is was found by Smeagle.
March 31, 2006, 02:39 PM
zhamlau
bah, got a box today, 2 sketchs i already have...another Ur Hat card and a teranashi Troll...yay 2x and 3x now!!! man, just give me differnt sketchs then lol. how many of each did these guys do?

March 31, 2006, 04:04 PM
glim
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
quote:

Hey, you're not alone. I saw at least one LOTR sketch with BARLOG printed on the sketch itself...

Whoops! Big Grin

I have seen 2 such sketches with Balrog mis-spelled, both by the same artist...
March 31, 2006, 05:17 PM
Jimmy Jazz
I need to find more boxes but my funds are low as I am scrambling to cover what I have already bought.

Let's flashback to a week ago where I found my first four boxes in my hometown. Not many to be had. I snatched then all up. VERY glad I did.

Here is the breakdown box by box.

Box 1 : I found a Mitchell Frodo. Excellent card and since it was my first very happy. Downside was at the stated odds she is the same as Kayanan so I thought that would be it for that group of artists. Also found a Frampton Arwen which is out for trade.

March 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
Jimmy Jazz
The next box I cracked a few hour later while waiting for my daughter at school. Couldn't resist. It was a nice score. I started to leap when i saw the color on the Dillon.

Dillon Eowyn full color and then a Hodgkins Elf.

March 31, 2006, 05:27 PM
Jimmy Jazz
Next box I waited over night to open. Contemplated holding these to possibly sell later as had hit a Mitchell and a Dillon at 1:111 I thought the odds would be long on finding the tougher artists, I was wrong. I will call this the stud and dud box. And I am cursed as the KAYANAN is part of a dual panel. Wish me luck trying to find the other half.

Hodges Urak Hai and Kayanan Fellowship card of Aragorn and Legolas. Color not quite as vibrant as the pic on the website but very nice in deed. In short, a keeper. You will not see this on eBay.

March 31, 2006, 05:30 PM
Jimmy Jazz
Being box committed, I hit my last of four boxes and hoped against hope for the left panel Kayanan.

I found a Fabbri Orc and Mandrake Orc.

Off to hunt for more boxes.

March 31, 2006, 05:34 PM
Jimmy Jazz
13 boxes and 25 sketches with some sweet pulls. Bought one off eBay for a total of 26 in my collection which has some hard pulls.

All in all very pleased. Good luck in your hunt.
March 31, 2006, 07:03 PM
make-mine-marvel

WOW - I would have NEVER thought that would come out of a box - looks aftermarket quality. You beat the odds big time! super job

@Sketchcards on Twitter
March 31, 2006, 08:34 PM
zhamlau
when it comes to pure fun opening a product, this has easily been the best product for a jaded collector base, since the whole 50 dollar a box days began. That dillion proves it.

March 31, 2006, 08:42 PM
Batman
Yes, but only if you pull "that card". There is also a lot of fluff that you can get, even with opening a number of boxes or even cases, so let's not get carried away.

March 31, 2006, 08:56 PM
slackjawedyokel
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes, but only if you pull "that card". There is also a lot of fluff that you can get, even with opening a number of boxes or even cases, so let's not get carried away.

Amen brother! You hit the nail right on the head. Big Grin
March 31, 2006, 09:37 PM
Mike Lindegarde
quote:

Couldn't agree more. More four boxes were quite the let down for me. I'd give anything to have that money back.
March 31, 2006, 10:27 PM
zhamlau
quote:

no, your right. and my last box proved that lol. But, there are dozens of artists (literally) whos work is neat, are in short printed supply, that looks unique and in terms of sale go for 30-70 for non exceptional ones...and you get 2 shots a box (on average) to pull em. I would still like to have seen however, a very large comprehesive crash numbered set (serial numbered) like Rittenhouse does. With the ammount of boxes i have broken, make it like 1:2 boxes , that would be a neat set to put together. Well, 2 cases in tommorow, probably my last two considering how much cases are selling for now. ill post the findings...i still need to pull at least ONE kayanan and one sohn card.