Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/7501093651

March 24, 2006, 12:26 PM
zhamlau
LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
have you seen what boxes are going for now, the few that are on there? this is getting nuts. i have a bad feeling we have seen the last of mass postings here of cases broken. At some point, this box will be 100+ and sketchs are gonna get sick in price. The zapata and all other 250 or lower will also go nuts becouse of all the set collectors. How cool is this, the product will actually be 100 percent live, forever. also, since they are not glossy fronts, the sketch cards themselves will probably not end up sticking like foil cards usually do over the years. Topps, you had a very smart product release with this, and totally pulled it out of the fire from the last few sets you issued.

March 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
Dobby The House Elf
The higher the boxes go the more I'm glad I paid $40 for my Kayanan and $40 for my Staggs! Razz

March 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Looking at all these great sketch cards makes me sad, because I got this in my box... Frown
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/catcardlady/nons...ds/LOTR/RSCN1566.jpg

March 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
samauto
Hey, Is it likely that there will be Evolution Update? What do you guys think? With the success of this release, surely Topps would want to go ahead with another....

Cheers, Pete.

March 24, 2006, 06:47 PM
Over_Worked_Mom
Jane,
Sorry 'bout that - I think we should start a Uruk Hai Helmet Club Wink I also got one in my box.

But the good news is, Topps graciously donated two LOTR sketches - one Ryan Benjamin Legolas (which can be found in our Basket Raffle - Monsters basket) and one Cummens Gandalf which will be auctioned off for ACTOR shortly! So, you could be the proud owner of a much prettier (and charitable) sketch Smile

*shameless plug NOT endorsed by NSU or their subsidiaries...*
March 24, 2006, 08:03 PM
zhamlau
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
The higher the boxes go the more I'm glad I paid $40 for my Kayanan and $40 for my Staggs! Razz

40...for each...god, thats so sickly unfair...dont suppose you would take 80 for the kayanan then :-)

March 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
zhamlau
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Looking at all these great sketch cards makes me sad, because I got this in my box... Frown
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/catcardlady/nons...ds/LOTR/RSCN1566.jpg

doh, im sorry jane. I got that craptacular badboy as well. AND it was the only sketch in the box if i remember correctly too :-(. If you by another box, ill light a candle for ya.

March 24, 2006, 08:29 PM
goldenavenger
I've got a Uruk Hai Helmet too, sign me up. Roll Eyes

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
March 24, 2006, 08:29 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Jane,
Sorry 'bout that - I think we should start a Uruk Hai Helmet Club Wink I also got one in my box.

But the good news is, Topps graciously donated two LOTR sketches - one Ryan Benjamin Legolas (which can be found in our Basket Raffle - Monsters basket) and one Cummens Gandalf which will be auctioned off for ACTOR shortly! So, you could be the proud owner of a much prettier (and charitable) sketch Smile

*shameless plug NOT endorsed by NSU or their subsidiaries...*

Well, it worked because I'm going to buy my raffle tickets! Smile

March 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
zhamlau
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I've got a Uruk Hai Helmet too, sign me up. Roll Eyes

you know though, considering how many Helmet-esque cards there have been in previous releases, i have to say, that the overall WORST sketchs in Evolution are still much much better then the best in Sith , heritage, or even Clone. And, the top end is just so much higher in this as well.

March 24, 2006, 11:27 PM
Incarnadine
I got my last 3 boxes today:

Box 1- A very nice Teranishi (600) sketch of Frodo

Box 2- Dave Dorman (250) sketch of Gollum

Box 3- Dalla Vecchia sketch (1000) of (Gimli?)
Juan Carlos Ramos (200)sketch of Aragorn

I'll post scans shortly. my luck with boxes has been so-so, considering 75% of boxes have 2 sketches I came out on the short end, 11 boxes total- 6 had 2 sketches and 5 had 1.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
reidelmundo
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:

[IMG]

Darth Smittyous, You don't have an email attached to your profile, would you please email me? Thanks.
March 25, 2006, 03:02 PM
Jay
Add my name to the "Uruk-Hai Helmet Sketch" club ! Not to denigrate anyone's work, but how much effort could those have taken? And why would Topps accept so many of them? Oh well, at least I got a beautiful Cat Merry and a color Kayanan Eomer to counter-balance it!
March 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
make-mine-marvel
I have ONE more box of LOTR unopened from my case. I don't think I'll ever open it because I was lucky enough NOT to get a "Uruk-Hai Helmet Sketch" & I'm afraid of it sitting in there. This way I can dream of it being the Kayanan I wanted -

@Sketchcards on Twitter
March 25, 2006, 05:29 PM
zhamlau
aww, i break it, we need more posts here for what people got.

March 26, 2006, 10:43 AM
steve j
This was a set I was really looking forward to. I bought 4 boxes, two from dealers in the states and two from my dealer in the UK. It was an experiment that could have gone better, but was happy overall.

Box 1 USA Eliopolis
Box 2 USA Shum
Box 3 UK Frampton, Staggs (Theoden) Amazing!!
Box 4 UK Martinez

Box 3 was particularly pleasing, but the eliopolis sketch in box 1 was disappointing; I do not know who it is supposed to represent. I also got a full base set from each box. A great set. Topps have done well on this one, as I hope the dealers have. They need a good break!
March 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
zhamlau
eliopolis is one of the shortest sketchs overall, and staggs is , well staggs. you did amazing for 4 boxes. it could not have gone better, lol.

March 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
eliopolis is one of the shortest sketchs overall, and staggs is , well staggs. you did amazing for 4 boxes. it could not have gone better, lol.

I apologise for not making myself more clear. I was disappointed only with the quality of the Eliopolis sketch, not that I had one of his sketches. I knew it was a short run sketch.
March 26, 2006, 06:05 PM
Incarnadine
Scans from the results of my last 3 boxes.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 26, 2006, 08:06 PM
spidergoblin
very nice additions for you Incarnadine Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper