Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Terror Cards (Necroscope)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror Cards (Necroscope)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
TERROR CARDS

My box contained no inserts and 2 cards shy of a set when I e mailed the company that puts them out here was their reply.

Sorry for such the bad lucky/misfortune with the box. The inserts are not guaranteed to exist in each box, and the regular cards are randomized. Nothing can be determined in terms of distribution, although 2000 of each card do exist.

Thank you for your comments and I will keep them in mind to improve upon for future series. Sorry, I do not sell individual cards, only boxes and packs.

Thank You,
Previn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I came across these cards awhile back while searching for DVD's of my favorite actress Debbie Rochon. After visiting her website one day, I noticed that they were nearing release and she had a link to the website. So after checking out the website I noticed that Brinke Stevens and Debbie had signed cards in the product. Both actresses signed 2 different cards for a total of 4 different cards with each having a auto'd print run of 50. So after seeing there were only 2000 sets available I did some figuring out the odds and from there I decided to take a gamble to try to get a Debbie auto. Even though I have not seen most of the movies that were used for the cards, I still was interested just for the fact of it being a new interesting product and of course potential D-Ro autos.

After figuring out the odds, I ordered 6 boxes, knowing NOTHING was guaranteed, but there would be a good chance of one auto (I figured odds on being just over 5 boxes per auto). I was also hoping to get the dual scream queen insert of Debbie and Sasha (Odds I figured were 1 in just over 3 boxes.)

My order arrived like 2-3 days after ordering and I started busting hoping for a D-Ro auto, but in the back of my mind, I knew I could be in for nothing at all, not even a scream queen dual insert card, because that the way things work sometimes.

My first box had the Brinke Stevens/Tina Krause dual scream queen insert (only 100 made)
My second box had a Debbie Rochon auto (Megan Cross version)
So already I had gotten what odds would leave me to believe I would be getting and I still had 4 unopened boxes left.

I already got the card I was hoping for, D-Ro auto (Great picture of Debbie on that card also!), but I was having fun opening the boxes that I decided I would bust the other 4 for fun, even though odds would leave me to believe that they would all be regular issued cards.

Box 3 amazingly enough had a Brinke Stevens Witchouse 3 as Lilith LeFay auto'd Card.

Box 4 and 5 both only contained base cards

and Box 6 had the Debbie/Sasha dual scream queen card.

So I was definately pleased with my purchase, especially after beating the odds. The Debbie auto alone made my day!

I can't say if every box had a complete set or not, because I really wasn't worried about that seeing I bought 6 boxes.

As for Frank's post it seems like he didn't do any research at all on this product. Previn had all the information I needed to figure out exactly what the odds were going to be. Unlike bigger companies that mass produce trading cards because they have a bigger budget and are more well known, Previn is just trying to see if there is a potential market for independent horror trading cards. Although this product isn't loaded with inserts like some people enjoy, it has something that the big companies don't have and that is DEBBIE ROCHON, The Goddess of all that is Good and Evil!

Sure, the product did have a few drawbacks (card names a little too dark and set being small), but the chance at limited autos of D-Ro and Brinke made up for it.

So if you are a fan of low budget horror, independent cinema, or Debbie Rochon and Brinke Stevens, I recommend giving this unique product a chance. I am hoping for another release, which I am sure will be bigger and better.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
????

Who makes these?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Who makes these?

I've just done a Google Search and found them, hence the amendment of Frank's title.

Frank, did you get he permission of Previn to post the e-mail response above? As a rule , it's bad etiquette to post a private e-mail without the permission of the owner... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank, did you get he permission of Previn to post the e-mail response above? As a rule , it's bad etiquette to post a private e-mail without the permission of the owner... Big Grin[/QUOTE]

He did not give me permission to post his exact reply but I did say him that I would mention it on card talk before I did it and that e-mail was ignored. His reply was not edited or changed in any way and it is their position on this product. This more then likely would be their statement to anyone who wrote to them regarding this set. For good or bad at least I have made the market aware of this set and for something that is in limited distribution, it actually may give them a few extra sales they would not even have. Someone want to trade for a card 50 and a card 6?

I did 0 research and my amazing luck still holds true. If there are 3 autographs and numerous inserts in a box I am sure to get the one box that is short something or get the autograph or autographs that I least want. I hear the violins now.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Frank, I am confused about your posts. What was wrong with the reply Previn gave you? Terror Cards only has 7 different inserts with a total print run 500 between the 7. They are the following: 3 different dual scream queens cards (Print Run 100 each) and 4 autographics 2 different Debbie Rochon (Print Run 50 each) and 2 different Brinke Stevens (Print Run of 50 each). I have not seen a single place states that each box has an auto or scream queen insert. As for not getting the complete set, I guess all I can say is talk to any major manufacturer and they will give you a response close to the one given by Previn, and they also do not sell individual cards either. Everything is random and on average one of the 7 inserts will probably be found in just over 2 boxes. As far as I can tell there was just under 1050 boxes of this product produced. So unless some one got really lucky and got more than one insert in their box, around half of the boxes produced have an insert. I've had packs of sports cards from major manufacturers have horrible collation where I would get the exact same cards in more than one pack in a box and they would even be sequential, so you would know after you saw the first card who the other ones were going to be. To me it seems like you had a problem receiving what you should have been expected. From reading your first post and reply, it sounds like you were trying to bash Previn and his trading cards, I am hoping that is not what it was. Kind of sounds like when you didn't get the answer you wanted (which I have no clue on what else he could have said in response to keep things simple and clear)you used this board as a way to get revenge. My question to you is, why didn't you post your e-mails to Terror Cards in this post????? How do we know what you said in your e-mail? Usually when people post negative comments they have a reason to, but in your case you don't anything to be upset about. Personally from the sounds of your replies here, it looks as if this could have potentially been used as threat and seeing Previn didn't give in and give you what ever you may have asked for, you decided to try to hurt his sales, but I am hopeful that wasn't the reason. Personally if it was, that is total BS doing something like that when the person on the other side did nothing wrong (Box doesn't state there are inserts in the product! Also odds of the inserts are printed on the back of the checklist). That's like giving someone negative feedback on ebay because they gave you neutral or some other BS.

Anyways, back to the card line. I finally put together my sets and came up with 8 complete sets out of 6 boxes. I found that there is a rare printing error variation out there. I have no clue on how many are out there, and I am sure if I asked Previn he wouldn't know either. Anyways some of the cards while in production look like they somehow got affected with blue dye. I have a #9 Ripped Face with the #9 and the company names in blue instead of the usual gold and bronze color. I also came across a number #10 with close to blue #10 but the Company names were both in blue.

Also on a very few I noticed that the chains were blue instead of white/gray. So even though you didn't get an insert, I would look over the back of your cards again Frank, because you may have one of these rare green back finds, who knows, they could potentially be 1/1 errors.

Again, I recommend giving this unique and fun product a chance if you enjoy B-Horror movies, zombies, blood, gore, and HOT women. Also if you pull a D-Ro autoLuv You, and are looking to trade, let me know. Drool

Edited, because I am seeing now seeing blue instead of green. Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hornetsfan,

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
This more then likely would be their statement to anyone who wrote to them regarding this set.

Frank, I don't want to be confrontational about this, but you don't know this, and it's rather unfair to put words in other people's mouths, don't you think? Plus, as Hornetsfan points out, we don't know what was said by you to them in e-mail.

Please remember that Card Talk is not a place to air private e-mail conversations unless you have permission from both parties. As you state you don't, I would ask that you don't post any more 'private' messages in the future.

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hornetsfan:
Frank, I am confused about your posts.

Hi Hornetsfan and Welcome to Card Talk! First off, I have pointed out to Frank about the 'etiquette' concerning e-mail conversations. I don't think Frank has done anything to hurt anyone, far from it, he's alerted a lot of Horror collectors to a set of cards that most of them weren't previously aware of! We like to avoid conflict here if at all possible, so please bear that in mind.

quote:

Also if you pull a D-Ro auto Luv You, throw it on ebay and I'll be bidding.

Just another note: soliciting for sales (and there are lots of ways that can be done) isn't allowed on Card Talk, I'm afraid. So, please bear this mind in any future postings.

Enjoy your time here, and I think you'll find plenty of other Horror fans to trade with... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks xSaBx

I have also talked to Previn via e-mail on more than one occasion. I contacted him after I opened my 6 boxes and told him I thought his product was nice and I also told him what I didn't like about it (red names and that the set was a little small (Only 50 cards). I also gave him suggestions to use if he is able to create another set. He seems like a really nice person who is new to the trading card business and is just trying to put out a product for horror fans. As far as I can tell, he was working with a limited budget, that is why this first set isn't loaded with inserts and autos. His main goal, if this works out, is to make a bigger set (100 cards and guarantee something per box, potentially an auto or more). I had to speak out, because people need to know the FACTS about this product, instead of FALSE information as was posted to make it seem like there were supposed to be inserts in every box which is TOTALLY FALSE. If anyone wants the facts visit the website for yourself.

Previn has always responded to my e-mails and that is why I question what exactly was sent in the e-mail that Previn declined to respond to, I am wondering if the tone of your first message or something you wrote in that message upset him.

No conflict is needed or expected. Just trying to clear things up for Frank and anyone else interested in this product. Sorry if it seems like there is conflict, just trying to sort things out.

BTW, I edited the solicitation for you. Smile

I also took out the link. Hated seeing the [url message]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hornetsfan,

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, I edited the solicitation for you. Smile

And, in a similar vein I have removed the URL you've put in the above post, for a couple of reasons. Previn himself has already placed a link to the cards in the 'News and Rumours' section, and as a rule Card Talk does not allow linking to sites where cards are sold, as a courtesy to those people who pay for CT's advertising revenue (of whom I am sure a few will be interested in stocking these cards!)

Needless to say, there are a lot more people who knew about this product today than did so yesterday! Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
No problem, I wasn't thinking other collector msgboards are usually the same way. Just saw the URL link and clicked it. (xSaBx beating me down for being bad---->Twak)

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
(xSaBx beating me down for being bad---->Twak)

Actually, I normally only reserve that kind of behaviour for Wolfman-Golf Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. Big Grin

Would you like to trade for one of your extra sets? Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
How many packs are in a box?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I am planning on purchasing a couple more boxes after my paypal account limit resets and after that I would be willing to trade a set.

There are 12 packs per box with 8 cards in each.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! It was not my intention to bash a product and I am sorry you took it that way. If anything this may have helped them make a few sales by letting people know it was out there. I thought your box breakdown was to let people know what comes in a box. I know bonus cards are inserted at random. I've been collecting cards long before this whole insert thing started. Since my posting, I managed to pick up not only the 2 cards I needed from a dealer, but I bought 2 autograph cards directly from Debbie Rochon at a local convention. (this is also how I found out about the set in the first place from her web site.) She goes to a lot of conventions and is a really great gal! Most card companies at least give you or guarantee you a set in a box. I was not sure of their policy on this so I wrote them to try and buy the base cards I needed to finish my set. My next stop would've been the Card Talk trading forum. If anyone bought a box and did not get a set then I thought I was informing Card Talk members by posting their reply. I think I'll stick with the trading area from now on. It seems I struck a nerve by even starting this post.

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Don't let 'em scare you off, Frank...it's just that a lot of times when you don't have facial and vocal cues to go by a lot of stuff gets misinterpreted and you need to go back and clarify a bit (as you have done). No big deal... Smile

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
Don't let 'em scare you off, Frank...it's just that a lot of times when you don't have facial and vocal cues to go by a lot of stuff gets misinterpreted and you need to go back and clarify a bit (as you have done). No big deal... Smile

Thanks-It takes a lot more then this to scare me. I thought I was doing a good thing by letting people know you may not get a set in a box. I even told the company I would mention this on Card Talk. It's not the first time (and probably won't be the last) that my words were taken the wrong way. At least it keeps things lively!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank, once again, aplogizes for your bad pull, and although Inkworks in recent years started the whole "Guaranteed set in every box" and other companies followed suit so I can see how you would have assumed the same. I did not put any such statement on the box, pack, or website, but I will now. And perhaps for future release, I will produce boxes with a guaranteed set per box, as well as guarantee one autograph per box, but this is a premiere edition from a start up company, so of course subsequent releases will be better and better.

On another note, glad to hear you got the two cards you needed as well as some Debbie Rochon autos. You probably made Hornetsfan jealous.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Necroscope,

Posts: 6 | Location: LA | Registered: November 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So an interesting set gets recognition and possibly better the next time around. I like happy endings and closure. Necroscope, did I also turn you onto Card Talk? By the way, Ms Rochon does conventions all over the USA. The best way to get a signature is always in person.