Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Terror Cards (Necroscope)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror Cards (Necroscope)
 Login/Join

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up Frank. Previn took your e-mails the wrong way, which made me look too much into what you wrote as negative. Glad everything has been cleared up.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
ohhh <sniff sniff> all is well Smile

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay, back to box breakdowns.

Nice little set! I do believe that I could have done at least as well on special effects as some of the movies. Cool

One box, holding the advertised 12 packs of 8 cards each, with an Original Artwork/Cover Card and a Checklist/Credits card in every pack. So call it a 52-card "usual" set with those extras added to the numbered base 50 cards.

I didn't expect two complete 50-card sets out of 96, but collation was decent. I pulled one complete set, 7 cards short of a 2nd, and 2 extras. No off-color variations.

One "Scream Queens" insert (1:42 packs)
No "Autographics" inserts (1:62 packs)

So at slightly less than 1 insert per 2 boxes on average, I beat the average, but still no D-Ro.

I haven't done my reading of card backs yet, but samples look pretty nice. A fine effort!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Well, here is my breakdown.

3 boxes
1 set per box plus a partial, was able to put together 5 sets total, boxes 2 and 3 each contained a different Scream Queens card (thankfully, trading them would be difficult!)

I think I am going to get a couple more boxes......

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Out of two boxes:
2 base sets
Missing 1 card for the third.

No Screen Queens(What else is new?)
No Autos(Ditto)

A strangely interesting set.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Remember Mike, the Scream Queens were roughly 1:4 boxes and the Autos 1:5 - I lucked out... and I also ordered 5 more boxes (dont tell my wife!)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
broke my 5 new boxes and the first 2 boxes each had a Scream Queen... lots more base sets too! at least 5 more, and TONS of extras which dont make a set.... I think I am retentive enough to buy 10 boxes next time! LOL

forgot to say that both scream queen cards were ones that I had Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mtlhddoc2,

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Nothing new there not seeing a Dana and Sheyenne. Shake Head

I busted 72 boxes and pulled like 19 Brinke/Tina dual SQ's 1 Rochon/Sasha and pulled like 16 autos I think 8 Rochon and 8 Brinke, can't remember it's been awhile.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hi Terror Fans,
Just got around to opening the one lone box of Terror Cards that I bought from Previn at the Texas Fear Fest a couple months back.

I reached down into the middle of the 12-pack box and pulled out a pack. This first pack that I opened contained the Debbie Rochon AUTO (1 of 50) Me so-o-o lucky!!!

And box collation was good, I pulled one complete set plus extras for trading.

This is a fun creepy product and I recommend Terror cards (but not to the squeamish Big Grin) Hope to see a new series released sometime soon since these were dated 2004.

Anyone know where I can find the 2 promo cards for this set (preferably for trade)?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately due to the cost of producing a "pack" product, I don't think Previn will be doing another one for awhile. He will be doing sets like the Sin Jin Smyth set and XL set though.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone,

I've just bought 5 boxes of this lovely product and the Combo Deal of the autographs.

Overall results:
*7 full base sets + extras
*Autograph: 2 * Debbie Rochon (luckily I have the 2 different ones)
*Scream Queens: Dana D'oench / Sheyenne Rivers

I'm thinking of buying some more because it's difficult to find the autographs on ebay and It's fun opening these boxes

Autograph Combo Deal:
*Normal autographs:
*Debbie Rochon (Blood Edition)
*Tina Krause (Blood Edition)
*Chuck Williams (Blood Edition)
*Tim Ritter (Director Series)
*Robert J Massetti (Director Series)
*Extra one because of the deal:
*Tina Krause (Nightmare)

See you all later.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Hi Terror Fans,
Just got around to opening the one lone box of Terror Cards that I bought from Previn at the Texas Fear Fest a couple months back.

I reached down into the middle of the 12-pack box and pulled out a pack. This first pack that I opened contained the Debbie Rochon AUTO (1 of 50) Me so-o-o lucky!!!

And box collation was good, I pulled one complete set plus extras for trading.

This is a fun creepy product and I recommend Terror cards (but not to the squeamish Big Grin) Hope to see a new series released sometime soon since these were dated 2004.

Anyone know where I can find the 2 promo cards for this set (preferably for trade)?

Here's the promos I have in case you wonder what they look like -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
Hello Everyone,

I've just bought 5 boxes of this lovely product and the Combo Deal of the autographs.

Overall results:
*7 full base sets + extras
*Autograph: 2 * Debbie Rochon (luckily I have the 2 different ones)
*Scream Queens: Dana D'oench / Sheyenne Rivers

I'm thinking of buying some more because it's difficult to find the autographs on ebay and It's fun opening these boxes

Autograph Combo Deal:
*Normal autographs:
*Debbie Rochon (Blood Edition)
*Tina Krause (Blood Edition)
*Chuck Williams (Blood Edition)
*Tim Ritter (Director Series)
*Robert J Massetti (Director Series)
*Extra one because of the deal:
*Tina Krause (Nightmare)

See you all later.

That's the first Scream Queens: Dana D'oench / Sheyenne Rivers I have heard anyone pulling. I opened a case of 60 boxes plus like 15 additional boxes. Had 100+ complete sets, but gave most of them to Debbie.

ADDED: I also highly recommend only buying boxes from Previn directly unless you know and trust a seller who is selling this product. The packs are too easy to search seeing the wrappers are see through and I'm sure there are sellers out there that would reshrink wrap the boxes after searching the packs for scream queens or autos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hornetsfan,