Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Twilight Zone III: Shadows and Substance (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone III: Shadows and Substance (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Still Have this note in my desk.
3 full sets
Stars 20-26 Missing #19 and 27
Hall of Fame #2
Autos:
Gloria Pall
Dean Stockwell
Russell Johnson
Julie Newmar Luv You

If I could live off of cheeseburgers, pizza, and mountain dew-I would.

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 25, 2003 at 05:33 AM.]

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
GOT A BOX FOR CHRISTMAS!
2 FULL SETS
STARS 19-21, 23-27
AUTOS
A39 DEAN STOCKWELL
A40 PATRICIA BRESLIN
A48 MICHEAL CONSTANTINE
A63 ASA MAYNOR

NO HALL OF FAME(1 IN 3 BOXES) OR SKETCH CARD(1 IN 12 BOXES)

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box in the CZ sale, seduced by the possibility of 1 of 2 Sketch cards and/or a Leonard Nimoy auto. Did i get what i wanted? did I eckaslike.

here's what my box offered up:
8 of the 9 Twilight Zone Stars cards (just missing S-23) 1:5
2 Checklist cards Z-3 1:20
4 Autos 1:10
A-40 Patricia Breslin
A-47 Philip Pine
A-50 JULIE NEWMAR Luv You
A-51 Wright King
0 Hall-of-fame cards 1:100 Frown
0 Sketch cards 1:480 Frown Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Eckaslike, is that a Brit slang word? If so, what does it mean? Smile

Great pulls from your boxes! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
got 2 boxes yesterday Smile
got 8 autos which was nice
No Hall of fame cards or sketches
But still a nice set Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened box #4100 of 6000:

2 base sets + extras
0 Hall of Fame Frown
0 Sketch Shake Head
8 of 9 Stars
Autographs:
A-55 Steve Forrest
A-63 Asa Maynor
A-39 Dean Stockwell Smile
A-42 Jonathan Winters Dance

All in all not bad for my first TZ box.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a box of these on ebay at a price I couldn't pass up and was pleased with the pulls. I already had all the autographs in this set but wanted to see if I could pull the Nimoy. I pulled the following autographed cards:
A50 Julie Newmar
A43 Jack Klugman
A62 Gloria Pall
A45 Russell Johnson
The weird thing about my pulls is that I have now opened 3 boxes and in all 3 boxes I pulled a Newmar and a Russell Johnson. I could think of worse to pull but what are the odds of this happenning with close to 30 different possible autographs? I still haven't pulled a hall of fame card or sketch card yet in any of the boxes.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That's an excellent break! Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found another box on eBay and it had been a pretty long time since I had opened a box of Twilight Zone. For the 1st time in the 4 boxes I opened I didn't pull a Newmar or a Johnson, but I think I did okay. I pulled all but the Russell Johnson Stars cards. I pulled the H4 James Best Hall of Fame card and at least 2 full sets. My autograph cards were as follows:
A42 Jonathan Winters
A43 Jack Klugman
A44 Leonard Nimoy
A48 Micheal Constantine
If I had to get 3 numbered autographs in a row I don't think I could have picked better than what I ended up with. With the exception of the archive box of season 4 that I opened I am sure this is the best box of TZ that I have opened.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Incredible auto pulls! WOW!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I pulled the autographs from the packs and put them under the Star cards to look who I got later. When I got to the 4th autograph in the box I decided to look at it and it was the Michael Constantine. I figured I had continued my streak of bad luck with unopened boxes. The next 3 I looked at (first 3 pulled) changed my tune entirely. Those 3 are perhaps the best 3 autos in the entire 3rd series. Even though I have all of them already I am still quite excited.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those are gigantic all right. The Nimoy is one of the last ones I need for my set.

Nice to see a TZ box recently opened. I actually got one earlier this year but forgot to post it. I was hoping for the Nimoy, obviously, and also the Dean Stockwell. The best autograph was Julie Newmar which I needed, plus there was an Ann Francis Hall of Fame card, so I was happy with the box, which wasn't hugely expensive, especially considering 4 autographs (plus a chance for Hall of Fame cards) really are double the "hits" of most other single boxes. I'm down to less than 10 autographs needed for a complete collection (most of them from Series III, which I somehow missed completely when it came out. For Series 4, I just bought an archive box and was done with it!).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, except for the Nimoy future generations will never have heard of these stars. I asked my son and he had no clue who they were.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post