Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set (Cult Stuff)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set (Cult Stuff)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I received a Hobby set and a Retail set today. Both were in their own distinctive paper packets.

Both sets are of 27 cards with 25 of the 27 being exactly alike these being cards 2-26, Cards 1 and 27 show on the reverse either Hobby Set Ltd Ed or Retail Set Ltd Ed, in addition the picture on card 1 for the Hooby set is a "landscape" view of the Titanic leaving the slipway whereas the corresponding card in the retail set is a close-up of the ship in "portrait" view.

The Retail set also contained a TP1 card, Titanic Artifact Card TA1 containing a piece of coal and Titanic chase card TCC with a Canadian Titanic 1912-2012 Postage Stamp.

The Hobby Set contained TP1, TP2, TP3, Titanic Artifact Card TA1 containing a piece of cotton, a canvas puzzle card 3/9 (this being part of the picture used on promo BP1).

I also found in the packaging a case card from the Hobby Box this being a canvas complete picture of the puzzle card sub-set.

I also found a whole bunch of promo cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen or heard of the "TCC with a Canadian Titanic 1912-2012 Postage Stamp" before, at least none on ebay that I know of. Maybe it's ultra rare.??

I'm still trying to find out everything that makes up a complete set. The search continues....

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
I too received a retail and hobby set today.

As well as the base set my retail set included Titanic Photo chase card - TP1, Canvas 7 of 9 and a 'Reproduction' mini card. I was disappointed with the chase hits and having seen John's break above (two premium hits) i'm even more so!

My hobby set included TP 1, 2 and 3, RMS Olympic card RMS-O and Titanic Artifact card TA1 featuring red thread seat fabric.

No idea whether this is good, bad or indifferent as a checklist and card quantities are a complete mystery.

I did get a The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes P1 B canvas promo in the promo bundle so delighted with that!

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still Waiting for my hobbby sets to com. Confused

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry609:

As am I!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I got my set yesterday - I had the Postage stamp as well

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since Cult-Stuff is a UK company, it makes perfect sense that the sets posted here in the UK have reached UK customers first. From my own experience of posting cards to the USA so far this year, it can take anything from 7-28 days for them to reach their destinations with most of the delays occuring in the States (based on the tracking system feedback). If UK customers are getting their deliveries this week, then US customers should start to see theirs arriving sometime next week at the earliest. This is the sort of thing people in the UK experience all the time when new sets are released in the US and we have to wait a couple of weeks longer for our deliveries to arrive. There's nothing that can be done once the various postal services have things in their possession other than learn to be patient Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have two hobby sets and have opened one so far, containing the TA1 coal card and the reproduction mini-card.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody else in USA received their sets yet?

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I received mine and all my orders I filled have been received.

Since my order was bigger it came by courier, which is usually faster. After that it's a matter of Priority Mail.

Hope you get yours soon. Everyone I know that has them has really liked them.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

I received mine and all my orders I filled have been received.

Since my order was bigger it came by courier, which is usually faster. After that it's a matter of Priority Mail.

Hope you get yours soon. Everyone I know that has them has really liked them.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I had ordered these direct from Cult-Stuff because when i did a search, nobody in the US seemed to be selling these. Do you always sell their products?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Ed. I had ordered these direct from Cult-Stuff because when i did a search, nobody in the US seemed to be selling these. Do you always sell their products?

Yes, I've carried everything they've done unless my memory is failing me. Planning on stocking all their new stuff in varying degrees.

I guess I'd better look at my keywords on my Cult-Stuff page on the website if it's not showing up in searches.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Ed has indeed stocked every set we released!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noted on the auction site there were both hobby and retail packs. What is a reasonable price to pay for each? Thanks!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Received mine today.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
which card did you get of mine?

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my Today. 2 packs hobby. 2 x coal artifacts.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Pedicini Jr.:
which card did you get of mine?

It was the Titanic sets sail sketch, very nice.