Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Evolution 2016 (Topps, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Evolution 2016 (Topps, 2016)
 Login/Join

posted
I opened a box and was happy with my 2 main hits.
I got a Luke Skywalker flag card /170 and a George Takei as Lok Durd autograph number 12/25. Dance Metal
I was happy since I like both Star Trek and Star Wars Big Grin
The base set is gorgeous and I made a complete 100 card set from my box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Went away for 10 days and came back to lots of stuff waiting to be opened. One case Game of Thrones, 4 sets of Perna Spellcasters and 2 cases of Star Wars Evolution. Very exciting and the first cards I have opened for ages.

The first SW case was exceptionally boring. I stopped collecting Topps cards because of their awful collation. Thankfully that seems to have been fixed. I got exactly on the odds for the various inserts, with 10 autographs, 2 sketches (Ragland, Swanger), 12 patches, 1 short print. The sketches are good but character head shots - having a quick look at eBay, there doesn't seem to be any of that really top end scenes etc that I have seen in previous sets, and I miss the action of comics sketches.

The second case was not boring at all. Second box got a 1/5 Hamill auto. Somewhere in the middle I got a 1/25 Ray Park auto. And in the final box, a signed plate (Taylor Gray, who is Ezra in Rebels). I was also missing an auto (or sketch) in one of the middle boxes, but I am not going to worry about it. Again the two sketches are head shots, but they are just a bit nicer than in the first case and one is painted (Kong and Mohamed).

Sketches are the first four at http://www.jbadham.biz/Cards/T...sStarWars/index.html

Unnumbered autos (14):
> Baker as Capt Rex
> Blessed as Boss Nass
> Blum as Zeb Orrelios
> Bourriague as Aurra Sing
> Bowers as Mas Amedda
> Carter as Bib Fortuna
> Cottrell as Even Piell
> Glover as Gen Veers
> Grunberg as Snap Wexley
> Klaff as John Branon (X-wing pilot)
> Marshall as Col Datoo
> Ratzenberger as Bren Derlin
> Shoshan as Shaak Ti
> Taylor as Oola

Limited autos (6 with plate):
> Blum as Zeb Orrelios 16/25
> Crowley as Gen Madine 01/25
> Park as Darth Maul 20/25
> Grunberg as Snap Wexley 09/10
> Hamill as Luke Skywalker 1/5
> Gray as Ezra Bridger on cyan plate

The second case was exceptional. It is a sign of how much SW trading cards are disappearing that selling all the high end cards would not get back the money I spent on that case. The first case would get back almost nothing.

Also, a week after release and there's no discussion here, almost no breaks, and the set isn't even listed at Scoundrel.

It's a shame because the set itself is excellent. There are some actual inserts (not just parallels) and the parallels look nice. Topps quality control has clearly improved, though it's not quite there yet.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 hobby box...24 packs, 8 cards each

1 base set & 45 extra commons
12 blue parallels 1:2
2 purple parallels 1:12
1 gold parallel #51 7/50 1:68
1 morph 8/9 1:75
12 Ships & Vehicles 1:2
6 comics 1:4
3 lightsaber 1:8
1 stain glass 6/9 1:24

1 auto OrnFreeTaa gold 6/10 1:367
1 flag patch C3PO 13/170

Overall B+
Pros: complete base set, base & parallel design, stained glass, auto design
Cons: parallel overkill, morph odds(1:3 box), flag patch design.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes of this. I was pleasantly surprised to have a base set in each box. The chase cards pulled look like this:

1st box
12 blue parallels
2 purple parallels
12 Evolution of Vehicles and Ships 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18
6 Evolution of Star Wars Comics 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 17
3 Evolution of Lightsaber 5, 7 & 8
1 Stained Glass Pairing 5 of 9
1 Star Wars Card Trader card for a free pack
Sabine Wren Phoenix Squadron Flag Patch card
Wayne Pygram as Wilhuff Tarkin autograph

2nd box
12 blue parallels
2 purple parallels
12 Evolution of Vehicles and Ships 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
6 Evolution of Star Wars Comics 5, 7, 11, 13, 14, 17
3 Evolution of Lightsaber 1, 3 & 6
1 Stained Glass Pairing 4 of 9
1 Star Wars Card Trader card for a free pack
Poe Dameron The Resistance Flag Patch card
Nika Futterman as Asajj Ventress purple autograph card

Overall, I think it is a nice set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
New box...

Princess Leia base card printing plate Clap

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post