Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Firefly-The Complete Series (Inkworks 2006)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly-The Complete Series (Inkworks 2006)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted
Got my three boxes today. The cards are beautiful! Great job on this set!

Box 1
BL3
F-2,F-3,F-4,F-5
B-1,B-2
A-8 Michael Fairman

Box 2
BL1
F-6,F-7,F-8
B-3,B-4
A-4 Adam Baldwin

Box 3
BL3 again
F-1,F-8,F-9
B-2,B-3
Redemption for A-1 Nathan Fillion

Overall 7 complete sets, missing #51 to make my 8th set.
One puzzle set, extra F-8
B-1-B-4 Battle of Serenity set extra B-2,B-3
Extra BL3 need BL2

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Nor a complete breakdown yet, but here are the autos from my case:

Missing Greg Henry. Redemptions for Nathan and Jonathan. BEAUTIFUL cards!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Awww man....

I want the Morena, Sean, and Christina cards....

I didn't ask my local retailer to order any boxes, only because I am still waiting for news of the rumored Buffy set......

I may try and hunt down a box or two of these....and maybe try and trade off my spare Serenity autos for the newer ones.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
cool looking autos Tim Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Great looking autos! Thumb Up

Hope I can afford a box before the end of the month!

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice looking cards Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Got my box today.

2 Base sets plus most of a third.
Firefly Forever F-6, F-7, F-8
Battle Of Serenity B-1, B-6
Box Topper BL-2
Auto A-5 Jewel Staite Smile

As has been mentioned above, the base set is pretty nice. It's great to finally have this set!

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 boxes today here's what i got.

Box Topper: BL1,2
Puzzel: 4,5,6,7,8
Battle for Serenity:1,2,3,4. Card number ! is damamged. Do Inkworks take back damaged Insert Cards?.

Auto's: Pulled the redemption of Nathan auto off the post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alfster,

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my box today! It had:

BL-2
F1,F2,F3
B3,B4
Gina Torres as Zoe

I guess that it was a Gina Torres day today as I was watching her on the Alias DVDs, got her in my Firefly box, and got my Ebay auction win of her Serenity auto card. I still want a Sean Maher one though because Simon is still my favorite character!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my 2 boxes today here's what i got.

Box Topper: BL1,2
Puzzel: 4,5,6,7,8
Battle for Serenity:1,2,3,4. Card number ! is damamged. Do Inkworks take back damaged Insert Cards?.

Auto's:

Nathan Fillion

Alf...

Email Inkworks about your damaged card. They are VERY good about taking care of their customers.

You got a couple of very nice auto pulls there! Not sure about you, but I like these autos way more than the Serenity ones - they seem more real and warm.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like these autos way more than the Serenity ones - they seem more real and warm.

I think that it is due to the coloring, and that some of the pictures for the auto's are a lot better in this set than on Serenity's (such as the Simon auto, the Inara auto, and the Jayne auto).

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A little late getting started with my case...I think the biggest thing I've noticed is the amount of damage to the corners on many of the cards - I don't recall having this many damages since Men Of Sunnydale, but maybe I just got a bad case...

Boxes #21129

Box #1

BL3
F-4,F-5,F-6
B-1,B-2,B-6
A-1 Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds

Box #2

BL1
F-7,F-8,F-9
B-3,B-4
A-6 Sean Maher as Dr. Simon Tam

Box #3

BL2
F-1,F-1,F-2,F-3
B-5,B-6
A-9 Gregg Henry as Sheriff Bourne

Box #4

BL3
F-4,F-5,F-6
B-1,B-2
A-4 Adam Baldwin as Jayne Cobb

Box #5

BL1
F-7,F-8,F-9
B-3,B-4
A-8 Michael Fairman as Adlai Niska

Box #6

BL2
F-1,F-2,F-9
B-4.B-5
A-5 Jewel Staite as Kaylee Frye

Box #7

BL1
F-5,F-6,F-7,F-8
B-2,B-3
A-4 Morena Baccarin as Inara Serra

Box #8

BL3
F-3,F-4,F-5
B-1,B-6
A-7 Ron Glass as Shepherd Meria Book

Box #9

BL1
F-6,F-7,F-8,F-9
B-2,B-3
A-2 Gina Torres as Zoe Washburne

Box #10

BL2
F-1,F-2,F-3
B-4,B-5
A-10 Christina Hendricks as Saffron

Really couldn't have asked for a better case break! Besides all the damages (mainly commons) I'm absolutely ecstatic about this case purchase!

otim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: otim,

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by otim:
8 more to go...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 boxes:

Box 1:
BL-1
B4, B5
F5, F6, F7
A-2 (Gina Torres)

Box 2:
BL-3
B6, B1
F1, F2, F3
A-9 (Gregg Henry)

Fantastic looking set!

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice going everyone Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting. As far as I know, the cards still haven't landed on these shores. Frown

There's been no feedback from my UK dealer.

Once I know the cards are out there, I start getting impatient.

HURRY UP.........

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrian1
posted Hide Post
Don't have my cards handy, but since I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd at least tell you the nice pulls I got (since this board was all the advertising I needed to buy something).

Two boxes - got Jayne and Kaylee autos
The biggest nuisance was I got the same puzzle cards in each box (6, 7, 8) so still need lots of work there.

When I got in the store owner was complaining they opened 2 boxes and only got one auto (not that Inara was a bad pull), but when I went through their inserts looking for help on the puzzle (they had all the same ones), I found them a redemption for Mal! I think they did pretty good on only 2 boxes!

Posts: 23 | Location: Great White North | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Broke my first box today, I have two more set aside for me at my local comics shop.(They ordered a few boxes of the set even with me not asking, so I was able to get some.) Here was my breakdown....

2 full sets, plus 63 extras. (Missing 11 for another set- 2 of the 63 are quadruples for the box)

B2, B3, B4
F6, F7, F8

BL-2

AR-1 for the Jonathan M. Woodward Autograph Card. (was hoping to get an actual auto, oh well...)

I also got a free BL-1 at my shop.

I am still hoping to get Saffron, Inara, and Simon autographs, though I am TEMPTED to try ahnd finish an auto set for this series as well...

We shall see.

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post