Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Firefly-The Complete Series (Inkworks 2006)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly-The Complete Series (Inkworks 2006)
 Login/Join

Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Firefly : The Complete Collection

Box Number #21130

2 x Base Sets

1 x Box Loader (BL1)

3 x Firefly Forever (F2, F3, F4)

3 x The Battle Of Serenity (B4, B5, B6)

1 x Autograph (A5 Jewel Staite)

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Nice cards Paul makes me wonna tear into this set lol Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Go for it Smile

Battle of Serenity cards are a bit meh but the base set is very nice, Firefly Forever are good and the autos are gorgeous - far better than the Serenity ones.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Bought another one.

Box Number #21130

2 x Base Sets

1 x Box Loader (BL3)

3 x Firefly Forever (F6, F7, F8)

3 x The Battle Of Serenity (B1, B2, B3)

1 x Autograph (A4 Adam Baldwin)

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QBall:
Bought another one.

Box Number #21130

2 x Base Sets

1 x Box Loader (BL3)

3 x Firefly Forever (F6, F7, F8)

3 x The Battle Of Serenity (B1, B2, B3)

1 x Autograph (A4 Adam Baldwin)

You should have saved in for open that box day Big Grin

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Nice going.Glad to see people still collecting these. Thumb Up

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi y`all!

Bought a box at a convention this past weekend. Besides three puzzle cards and two Battle of Serenity cards it contained the autographed card of

Christina Hendricks as "Saffron".

Was really hoping for a main cast auto, but I guess I can`t be lucky every time. Was nice enough to meet Jewel Staite at the con and get her autograph in person.
:-)

Be seeing you!
Chris

Posts: 20 | Location: Mainz, Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up a box,I'll post the breakdown when it arrives. Clap

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brought a case over the weekend and my lucky mate open two boxes for me and she pulled the two autos I wanted.

BOX 1 MAL
BOX 2 KAYLEE

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Posts: 165 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angeldustz:
I brought a case over the weekend and my lucky mate open two boxes for me and she pulled the two autos I wanted.

BOX 1 MAL
BOX 2 KAYLEE

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Please can you send your lucky mate down to Wales to help me open my case of Star Wars when it arrives Big Grin

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll ask her :P

Posts: 165 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived this morning and here's what I got.

BL2 Zoe+Wash
Firefly Forever F3,F4,F5
Battle for Serenity B1,B2,B3
Auto A7 Ron Glass as Shepherd Book

Not a bad box. I was hoping for a Mal or Kaylee auto but at least I got a main cast member.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I finally picked up a box of this from Mark at the San Diego con. Here's what I got:

2 Base Sets
1 Box Loader BL1
2 Battle For Serenity B1 & B6
3 Firefly Forever F4, F5, F6
1 Autograph A4 Adam Baldwin as Jayne

Can't say I'm disappointed with this. Even though I was hoping for one of the girls the Jayne autograph is nice and it means I can get rid of my X-Files card that Baldwin signed.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I've had the DVD of Firefly ever since it was released in the UK, but only watched it a month ago. Took it on holiday with me (& Serenity) and thought it was fantastic so I had to have a box of these. In my box I had:

2 complete base sets - 5 cards short of 3
Box Loader BL3
The Battle Of Serenity B3, B4
Firefly Forever F1, F2, F3
Autograph A8 Michael Fairman as Adlai Niska

I didn't get a main cast memeber, so I'm a little disappointed there, however its a rather cool auto & one which you would expect the character to have in a strange sort of way. Also given the actors impressive CV I'm rather pleased as well. The base set is rather nice too rather evocative of the series.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
got the last box (its a first Firefly box for me), 2x Heroes, 1x Chronicle of Riddick, 1x Spawn the Movie at Saturdays Card Mart.

pulled:

A3. Morena Baccarin as Inara Serra Metal Big Grin (my 2nd wanted choice)

A10. Christina Hendricks as Saffron Drool and
A3. Morena Baccarin as Inara Serra were my 2 top wants Eek

Still not seen the TV series yet or the movie Eek.

Guess this reduces the blow on the 2 costumes I pulled from Heroes boxes (2x £40). Still got the box of Chronicles of Riddick to bust Eek

It's a shame the base cards arn't on stock card quality like Alias, foiled or thicker like Topps or Comic Images. But I did like that different images are used on front & back of the cards compared to majority of Inkworks stuff that uses a reduced version on the back.

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
Just had a proper look at the auto, in excellent condition except for a bend bottom left corner of card is slightly crushed Shake Head

Gonna try and iron it out & hope its not noticeable Eek

On the other hand the auto card style is my favorite with a fade out image of the original image (star's head shot) which the star signs on, I much prefer this than a blank patch

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConfusedBoy:
Just had a proper look at the auto, in excellent condition except for a bend bottom left corner of card is slightly crushed Shake Head

Gonna try and iron it out & hope its not noticeable Eek

On the other hand the auto card style is my favorite with a fade out image of the original image (star's head shot) which the star signs on, I much prefer this than a blank patch

You could always send a note to Inkworks with a shot of the damaged card and ask if they could replace it...

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post