Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters (Topps 2010)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters (Topps 2010)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
1 box Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I've just opened a case. There was a sketch in each of the eight boxes with one box also holding an Animator sketch, so 9 sketches in all.

Gotta like 8 different characters from the nine different artists. The Don Pedicini Jr. card (top row center), is in a technique I think is called stipple, lots of tiny dots. A tremendous effort, and my favorite of the bunch. The animator sketch (just one of those per two cases, by the odds) is shown in the middle of the picture.

The regular sketch backs show Bossk and the animator sketch back has Aurra Sing. There is an autograph area on back (as with Clone Wars widevision Season 1), and most of these artists signed with big bold signatures, great for both identification and aesthetic purposes.

No voice cast autographs in this set, as with Clone Wars Widevision. I hope they bring those back if there is a Season 3 set. I still prefer autograph cards to sketch cards.

The base cards look great, 90 card set, not sorted yet but there should be a set per box, with the doubles left over making a few more set when all is said and done. 12 sets would be good, and wouldn't leave too many left overs. We'll see.

The other inserts are lenticular motion cards. These are thick for a Topps card, and there's a nice effect thanks to the extra material, the best lenticulars traditionally have been thicker cards. The motion set is 5 cards, so naturally there are only 4 per box. But with the 32 in my cards in my case, I finished six of the motion sets with just cards 2 left over, can't ask for better than that.

There is also a 20 card foil set and you get 8 of them per box. A case therefore holds 64 in all, so I could've made three of the 20 card foil sets, but only finished two of them. It did come down to the last box, and I only needed 4 foils for from it to finish that third set, but didn't get them, instead 8 towards as fourth set, and 16 of 20 for the third. Not too shabby.

The serial numbered parallel cards are one per 19 packs, so most boxes will have one of them and with every 6th box holding two, by those odds. One of my boxes did have two, so I have 9 of those in all.

The parallel set is the 90 card base set, but with a bit of gold foil on the front and each card sequentially numbered out of to 100 on the back. One of my cards is #001/100, thechnically the first one, so that's cool.
Just 100 of each is really low for a Star Wars card, so I'm glad to have these. I may go for a few more.

With 90 cards numbered to 100, that means there are 9,000 parallel cards in the entire print run. If there are 9 in each case, that means the print run is 1,000 cases of 8 boxes, or 8,000 boxes if you like. The total number would be actually be a bit lower still if the parallel cards are also in the retail boxes at greater odds than one in 19 packs. And should they be in the retail packs at one per 19 packs, that means the the print run of both hobby and retail combined is 8,000 boxes.

Good stuff, another fine set from Topps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches from your case!

There's no parallel cards in the retail boxes from Target at least. No mention of them on the box or wrapper either. Maked them a very nice limited run this go around!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's the Pedicini sketch from above in larger size to better show the tiny dots technique he used on it.

I've only season the 1st season of Clone Wars and not the movie or any of the newer episodes. Does anyone know if the character depicted on the card is Padme, or is it perhaps a newer character I'm not familliar with?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Here is my case break. Eight sketches, plus an animator Smile

Jason Hughes, Yoda: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hayden Davis, Obi-Wan: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Spencer Brinkerhoff, Anakin:

Matt Minor, Grievous: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tim Proctor, Cad Bane: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Juan Carlos Ramos, Mace:

Cal Slayton, Cad Bane: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Patrick Richardson, Ahsoka:

Animator Carlo Sansonetti (He signed it "CARLOS". I found his name on a website that said he is doing the CGI for CW Season 2), Senate Guard:

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to a show today and purchased a hobby box. It contained no sketch card. Frown I've emailed Topps the required information (through their new missing card program), hopefully they don't take long to send me a sketch card.
Aside from that, I thought it was a nice set. Good selection of images used for the base cards and I like the design used for the foil cards. Motion cards aren't bad either.

My breakdown was:
Sketch cards: 0
Base card set: 1 + extras
Motion cards: 4
Foil cards: 8
Parallel cards: 1

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Here's the Pedicini sketch from above in larger size to better show the tiny dots technique he used on it.

I've only season the 1st season of Clone Wars and not the movie or any of the newer episodes. Does anyone know if the character depicted on the card is Padme, or is it perhaps a newer character I'm not familliar with?

Wow thanks for being so kind... it is indeed Padme...

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Went to a show today and purchased a hobby box. It contained no sketch card. Frown I've emailed Topps the required information (through their new missing card program), hopefully they don't take long to send me a sketch card.
Aside from that, I thought it was a nice set. Good selection of images used for the base cards and I like the design used for the foil cards. Motion cards aren't bad either.

My breakdown was:

Is there a new method for notifying them of missing sketches? I had a box the same way and just contacted their customer support like I always have (only did this last night so I haven't gotten a response back yet).

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

My breakdown was:

Is there a new method for notifying them of missing sketches? I had a box the same way and just contacted their customer support like I always have (only did this last night so I haven't gotten a response back yet).

Not sure if it's new or just more publicized. I received an automated response saying that this would be taken care of so I'm guessing a sketch card has been mailed out to me.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I got the usual response I've gotten in the past... send in letter, invoice, box, wrappers etc etc

Who or where did you contact them if you don't mind my asking?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now you can just email support@etopps.com with a scan of the receipt, UPC from the box and a wrapper.

Here's a link to a video (posted on YouTube by Topps) on the procedure for requesting missing/replacement for damaged cards from Topps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDDw9kejoc

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to opening a hobby box...

Honestly, this is the ugliest Padme sketch I've ever seen...hmmmm??? Eek Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
LMAO Big Grin

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Boxes are 24 packs of 7 cards. Expect an average of 1.71 base sets of 90 per Hobby box if collation were perfect. 8 boxes per case, approximately 9000 boxes.

HOBBY BOX 1

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 63 extras
Foil character cards (20, 1: 3 packs): 2 4 5 7 10 12 13 20
Motion cards (5, 1:6 packs): 1 3 4 5
Sketch cards (84 artists, 1:24 packs): Dan Bergren
Animator sketch cards (8 artists, 1: 335 packs): Brian O'Connell
Foil-stamped parallel cards (90, 1:19 packs): 2 [004/100]

HOBBY BOX 2

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 64 extras
Foil character cards (20, 1: 3 packs): 3 7 8 9 13 14 16 18
Motion cards (5, 1:6 packs): 2 3 4 5
Sketch cards (84 artists, 1:24 packs): Jason Hughes
Animator sketch cards (8 artists, 1: 335 packs): none
Foil-stamped parallel cards (90, 1:19 packs): 27 [083/100]

HOBBY BOX 3

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 64 extras
Foil character cards (20, 1: 3 packs): 1 6 8 11 15 17 18 19
Motion cards (5, 1:6 packs): 1 2 3 5
Sketch cards (84 artists, 1:24 packs): Braden Lamb
Foil-stamped parallel cards (90, 1:19 packs): 59 [003/100]

HOBBY BOX 4

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 62 doubles, 1 three
Foil character cards (20, 1: 3 packs): 3 8 9 11 14 16 18 19
Motion cards (5, 1:6 packs): 1 2 4 5
Sketch cards (84 artists, 1:24 packs): Gabe Farber
Foil-stamped parallel cards (90, 1:19 packs): 89 [035/100]

HOBBY BOX 5

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 40 doubles, 11 threes
Foil character cards (20, 1: 3 packs): 4 5 7 10 10 13 20 20
Motion cards (5, 1:6 packs): 1 2 3 5
Sketch cards (84 artists, 1:24 packs): Jerry Gaylord + Robert Teranishi [1 extra]
Foil-stamped parallel cards (90, 1:19 packs): 28 [008/100] + 41 [053/100] [1 extra]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cracked a box of this last night......
OMG What was I thinking, now I got nothing for OTBD..... Frown Frown Frown Frown
Well anyways moving on, opened the box and the Base set is ok......
The chase was ok too......
Got 1 parallel card and a sketch card......
The sketch was a black and white Bobba Fett Sketch by the lovely Cat Staggs Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek
Now for some crazy dance time Smile Smile Smile Elephant Elephant Elephant Metal Metal Metal
YEAH!!!!!! It was a wonderful sketch.....
Thank you Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post