Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Files Seasons 6/7, The (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Seasons 6/7, The (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted
WORST - BOX - EVER! Mad

Got a box of X-Files season 6/7
Breakdown is as follows:

0 Autographs
0 Pieceworks Redemptions

Boxloader #3
Truth Revealed P5, P6
Inside the Syndicate i1, i2

1 complete set

Obviously, I was hoping for a Gillian Anderson auto card, but I guess you can't get lucky every time.
Frown

"Don't you hate pants?"
-Homer Simpson to Krusty the Clown

[This message was edited by xSaBx on February 13, 2004 at 03:12 PM.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I got a couple boxes at a good price and figured I'd take a stab at my holy grail. Here's the breakdown:

Box 1:
-Probably a base set or two
-Box Topper: BL1
-The Truth is Revealed: P4, P6
-Inside the Syndicate: i1

Box 2:
-Probably a base set or two
-Box Topper: BL1
-The Truth is Revealed: P5, P6
-Inside the Syndicate: i1, i6

AND...

WAIT FOR IT...

-Autograph: A8 John Neville as The Well-Manicured Man

No holy grail Scully for me. At least I got one autograph. After the first box I was afraid I wasn't going to get any autos/pieceworks at all.

Everything will be added to my trade list except for the Neville auto.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Whoa...you had me there for a moment. Big Grin

Congrats on your auto card! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hook,line,and sinker.....I was also lying on the boat Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
The DewMan hooked me too... Roll Eyes Razz

Well, congrats on the auto you did get! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got me going too Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
When I slightly fanned out the cards in that pack and saw the blue edge against all those black edges that screams AUTOGRAPH!, I set those cards aside and saved it for last. When I was done with the rest of the box, I went back to the auto pack and started slowly sliding the card above the auto to the right hoping to catch a glimpse of that famous red hair at the left edge of the auto card. Nothing but grey old man hair! Oh well, I drew the moment of anticipation out as long as I could anyway.

Anyone else follow these kind of weird rituals when opening their packs?

Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DewMan,

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
oh dear god yes. In LOTR evolution, each sketch was the 2nd to last card , one up from the back of the pack. so i would open the pack from the back, and if i saw the fiery eye and 1/1 congrats, we would set the pack aside, not looking at the front of it till we opened the rest of the box. then with the two sketchs (average) sitting in their packs with the commons, i would peel to it so it was the last card, and we would say who we wanted it to be, she would blow it a kiss, and we would (carefully mind you) flip it onto the table cloth and hope for a miracle. That probably has been the most fun i have ever had with trading cards, and my goofiest set of rituals ever.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
DewMan and zhamlau: That sounds like fun... Smile

I remember I used to "squeeze" with sportscards sometimes for very expensive packs...

But nowadays I find myself just immediately ripping open the packs in my box to see what I got.

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post