Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Summer Sale Box (Cult Stuff, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Sale Box (Cult Stuff, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I bought 4 boxes and am very happy with the results Smile .

What the boxes look like open and sealed.

Every box had a set of four Monsters,Zombies, and Freaks mini cards, a Sherlock Holmes Terror by Night mini set, an Adventures of Sherlock Holmes missing card MC1, a War of the Worlds preview card, a Vintage Transport P1, a Civil War Chronicles P1B, and a Cult Stuff JJ1.

Box 1 had a Sylvester McCoy signed card, a Carolyn Edwards WOTW sketch, a Clay McCormack sketch(don't know the set), a Matt Dixon auto card, a WOTW sealed pack that had PM1 in it, the WOTW 10 case incentive parallel set, the WOTW 10 card puzzle set, an Art of Burlesque Mega City 5 promo, Contemporary Erotica P1 and P2, and an Art of Burlesque mini P1.

Box 2 had a WOTW sketch by Lee Lightfoot, the original art by Gavin Hunt for the Art of Burlesque jewel card Eek ,a sketch by Bill Pulkowski(set unknown), an Ally Fell auto card, a Propoganda poster stamp relic, a sealed Titanic retail pack which had a coal card in, a Dracula base set, a Sherlock Holmes chase set, and a WOTW min card.

Box 3 had a WOTW Tim Dowler sketch, a Dracula sketch (unknown artist), an Ally Fell auto, a Khandie Kisses auto, a Military Propoganda sealed pack that had a ribbon card in, the WOTW 10 case incentive parallel set, an Art of Burlesque puzzle set, and a WOTW mini card.

Box 4 had a WOTW Clinton Yeager sketch, a fantastic Sherlock Holmes sketch by Scott Houseman Thumb Up , an Ally Fell auto, a Propoganda Posters ration card relic, a sealed Titanic retail pack, an Adventures of Sherlock Holmes base set, a WOTW C1,C2,C3 set, the Vintage Erotica case card, and a WOTW promo P1 436/500.

I also got an extra premium for buying four boxes and that was the original art by Bruce Gerlach for one of the MZF mini cards.

Three of the sketches are from the advert on Cult Stuff's website (Houseman, Hunt, and Edwards) Big Grin . Now that's what I call value for money Clap . Any help identifying sets or artist appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well done, you got some great stuff there although to be honest you can't go wrong with any selection of Cult - Stuff products. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Very nice breaks. I too went for the four box option and had a similar spread to you. I think the Hunt/Burlesque and Edwards/WOTW cards lifts your break a little above mine but i'm very happy with what I got.

The two cards you are unsure of are both from MZF and, along with the Gerlach, if you feel the urge to part with any/all three of them then send me a message! Smile

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I had a very Nice Patrick Hamill Pulp Dicks sketch and a Bill Pulkovski Cult Sketch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Here's my break. I went for the four box option and my bonus premium was this 15 case incentive. The original card art for War of the Worlds chase card C1 by Al Davison.

I agree with Richard that every box included the 7 cards he listed above, including the new and exclusive Missing Sherlock card and six others previously available. It also seems the norm to get two sketches and a signed promo loose in every set too. The first three cards on each of my scans are these three.

Box one came with Gerlach MZF sketch, Capel Sherlock Holmes sketch and signed Aly Fell P1, a sealed WotW pack which included the Hack sketch, PM1 and Sherlock crossover card 21. The box also included another envelope with the original art for a Dracula base card by Matt Ziegler, a signed Sylvestor McCoy card (gold ink), a pair of MZF MC2 cards with silver and purple foil logos, a sealed Burlesque base set, WotW 10 card chase set, WotW case topper set CT1 & CT2, Contemporary Erotica P1 & P2 and Burlesque MCP1 and LJP1.

Box two came with JEH Dracula sketch, a Mark Wright WotW sketch and a signed Aly Fell EP1 promo, a sealed MZF pack, not an original A,B or C pack but one with all the base set in plus one Sketch. It was a beauty though by Don Pedicini from Tod Browning's Freaks. Also included the Burlesque G1 gem card (both versions) and the Vintage Erotica case card. I got a full 10 card Burlesque chase set and two sealed base sets for Dracula and Burlesque.

Box three came with a JEH Dracula sketch, a Dan Gorman WotW sketch and a signed Aly Fell EP1 promo, a sealed Military Propaganda set which included a Stamp Memorabilia Card, Mirror Wise card, canvas card and two Life/Death cards. WotW / Sherlock crossover card 22, WotW mini card MC1, WotW three card chase set, Burlesque 10 card chase set, WotW sealed base set and a third propaganda Life/Death card.

Box four came with a JEH Dracula sketch, a Jon Riggle WotW sketch and a signed Matt Dixon P01, a sealed Titanic retail pack (nothing in it of note!), a nice Propaganda Memorabilia Stamp card and, to make up for the Titanic pack, a 10 case incentive Burlesque set (27 cards with the gloss lips). Also included a 9 card Sherlock Holmes puzzle set.

Looking at Triple Frog's break I was unlucky to get three JEH/Dracula sketches in three of my four boxes but other than that I was pretty pleased with the lack of duplication.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zero,

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to when mine arrives. Elephant

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hi Triple-Frog, if you don't keep it, I would be interested by your Propoganda Posters ration card relic.
Zero, I would be interested by your Hitler 30 stamp.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
My box had

War of the Worlds sketch by Denise Parrish

War of the Worlds sketch by Cover

Military Propaganda M1 stamp

Art of Burlesque auto Mojo Jones

There was also the Sylvester McCoy auto
A pack of Titanic with a red thread from roll used to create second class chairs.
Various other cards.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my box today and it contained the following:

Monsters, Zombies and Freaks set of 4 mini cards,
Sherlock Holmes Terror by Night mini set,
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes missing card MC1,
War of the Worlds preview card,
Vintage Transport P1,
Civil War Chronicles P1-B,
Cult Stuff JJ1
War of the Worlds Case card set C1-C3
War of the Worlds puzzle set CC1-CC10
Art of Aly Fell autographed EP1 promo
Age of Sorcery base set and mini card MC1
Art of Burlesque parallel set
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes SC-1 sketch by Mark Martino
War of the Worlds WS1 sketch by Lee Lightfoot
War of the Worlds sealed pack with a nice die-cut Pearson's Magazine card

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else from mainland USA received their boxes yet? Still waiting for mine. Just wanted to know if I should start to worry. Shake Head

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there's my WOTW card

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Still waiting for my box. Mad